• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Isn't Unique- Democrats are the Most Corrupt Politicians

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
For 2010- 2015, these are the numbers for politicians who were busted for corruption related offenses on the state and local level, while serving in government.

Democrats- 77
Republicans- 30

*For the purpose of this thread, I only counted elected politicians who were busted on corruption related offenses, such as bribery, extortion, embezzlement, voter fraud, and corruption charges.
Politicians busted for DUI, sexual crimes, and physical assault were not counted. This list I'm including has some interesting entries, one woman was even sentenced to a year in jail for entering into marriage to try to gain citizenship! And yep, she's a Democrat, State Assemblywoman Gabriela Rosa.

Some people on this list were also excluded, such as 4 Philadelphia Traffic Court judges (all democrats) who were busted for corruption charges, but aren't really considered elected politicians.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

Last edited:
For 2010- 2015, these are the numbers for politicians who were busted for corruption related offenses on the state and local level, while serving in government.

Democrats- 77
Republicans- 30

*For the purpose of this thread, I only counted elected politicians who were busted on corruption related offenses, such as bribery, extortion, embezzlement, voter fraud, and corruption charges.
Politicians busted for DUI, sexual crimes, and physical assault were not counted. This list I'm including has some interesting entries, one woman was even sentenced to a year in jail for entering into marriage to try to gain citizenship! And yep, she's a Democrat, State Assemblywoman Gabriela Rosa.

Some people on this list were also excluded, such as 4 Philadelphia Traffic Court judges (all democrats) who were busted for corruption charges, but aren't really considered elected politicians.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

The difference is that if a Republican commits a crime, the media goes nuts.

If a Democrat commits a crime, no big deal.

Oh, the victimhood....

The difference is that if a Republican commits a crime, the media goes nuts.

If a Democrat commits a crime, no big deal.

Yeah, like, remember when "the media" totally ignored Elliott Spitzer and Rod Blagojevich?

Funny how these so called Trump 'supporters' who swear they hate the establishment GOP politicians as much as they hate the Dems constantly only go after the Dems every single day. Day after day. Same old same old.

Funny how these so called Trump 'supporters' who swear they hate the establishment GOP politicians as much as they hate the Dems constantly only go after the Dems every single day. Day after day. Same old same old.

I've criticized the Bush family, Dickhead Cheney, Dennis Hastert, John McCain, Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, Lindsey Graham, ALL right here on DP, plus others.

Would you like me to create a special thread just for you, where I attack Republicans, so you feel better?

Yeah, like, remember when "the media" totally ignored Elliott Spitzer and Rod Blagojevich?

There's an ex mayor from Detroit that allegedly had a Detroit police officer murder a woman he was involved in. And this is the dude that took over after the mayor that was sentenced to 28 years in prison!

Most of you have been hoodwinked by politicians into believing that one party is god and the other is bad. You don't see that the game politicians play is basically "good cop; bad cop". BOTH parties have gotten us to where we are today. BOTH parties work to maintain the status quo. NEITHER party is actually your friend unless you are a CEO or officer of some major corporation. And if you can't see that your "chosen party" is half the problem, you've been hoodwinked, tricked, used like a tool, deceived . . . . . --you've fallen for the bait and you're being reeled in.

Interesting "Freudian slip" there. I said " .... that one party is god and the other is bad". I meant to type "one party is good and the other is bad". But maybe the error is the better expression.

Because they all are Republicans true and blue. The whole speal that Trump is "growing the party" is total hogwash. It's the Teaparty jugheads, they have morphed as Trumpeteers.

20090912TeaParty02.jpg

Last edited:
Because they all are Republicans true and blue. The whole speal that Trump is "growing the party" is total hogwash. It's the Teaparty jugheads, they have morphed as Trumpeteers.

20090912TeaParty02.jpg

What does any of that have to do with my original post? A cowboy birther and a rant about the Tea Party is relevant to corrupt Democrat politicians how?

Most of you have been hoodwinked by politicians into believing that one party is god and the other is bad. You don't see that the game politicians play is basically "good cop; bad cop". BOTH parties have gotten us to where we are today. BOTH parties work to maintain the status quo. NEITHER party is actually your friend unless you are a CEO or officer of some major corporation. And if you can't see that your "chosen party" is half the problem, you've been hoodwinked, tricked, used like a tool, deceived . . . . . --you've fallen for the bait and you're being reeled in.

I know Senter, and in my heart of hearts, I agree 100 percent with what your just said. I'm just tired of people overlooking their parties' corruption because they have a superiority complex when it comes to people who they disagree with politically.

What does any of that have to do with my original post? A cowboy birther and a rant about the Tea Party is relevant to corrupt Democrat politicians how?

A selective sample of politicians means nothing.

Reagan's administration had the most indicted members of any administration, ever. Does that mean Republicans are more corrupt?

I know Senter, and in my heart of hearts, I agree 100 percent with what your just said. I'm just tired of people overlooking their parties' corruption because they have a superiority complex when it comes to people who they disagree with politically.

Oh, ****ing cram it. Don't give me this "DURR LIBS OVERLOOK ****" nonsense when the vast majority of "corrupt" dems (and republicans, for that matter) are at the local level, where nobody will ever, ever hear about them, because there's no reason for them to.

Sex sells. With Blago, how could you ignore that?

Both were media gold.

You are right, I was a Republican till one day I realized they were not the party of morals and ethics anymore.
You don't care that your party is low on morals, you just don't want a light to be shone on it.

Or when Gonzolez said "I have no recollection" 50 some odd times under oath?

Democrats- 77
Republicans- 30

But none are more corrupt than Killary Rotten Clinton and her sexual deviant husband ! :shock:

Good. I'm glad you see the truth of it. I'll be watching for you to criticize republicans too.

To your point though, I tend to defend democrats and it's for the same reason you cite: the right spins, misrepresents, and lies about democrats and Obama in particular but almost never about republicans. Yet in rare cases they admit that both parties are responsible for our plight.

A selective sample of politicians means nothing.

Reagan's administration had the most indicted members of any administration, ever. Does that mean Republicans are more corrupt?

How about some proof of that.

Oh, ****ing cram it. Don't give me this "DURR LIBS OVERLOOK ****" nonsense when the vast majority of "corrupt" dems (and republicans, for that matter) are at the local level, where nobody will ever, ever hear about them, because there's no reason for them to.

I think your point got lost, Kobie. Are you saying that most of the corruption in politics is unknown to most people? But why be so angry when saying it?

What's the matter? Don't like your fellow Trumpeteers? These are the people you are agreeing with.

Back
Top Bottom