• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Isn't Unique- Democrats are the Most Corrupt Politicians

You are right, I was a Republican till one day I realized they were not the party of morals and ethics anymore.

Yet democrats were busted for being corrupt at a rate of almost 3:1, from 2010-2015. You gonna switch back to the GOP now?

Oh, ****ing cram it. Don't give me this "DURR LIBS OVERLOOK ****" nonsense when the vast majority of "corrupt" dems (and republicans, for that matter) are at the local level, where nobody will ever, ever hear about them, because there's no reason for them to.

Who's a more powerful Dem than Hillary right now? Her history of corruption stretches back to the mid 1980's, she's just better at not facing consequences than some of these local politicians.

So the face of your entire party right now is a crook. You're the party of low standards and ethics, which has nothing to do with me.

Funny how these so called Trump 'supporters' who swear they hate the establishment GOP politicians as much as they hate the Dems constantly only go after the Dems every single day. Day after day. Same old same old.

The most hilarious thing about Trump's rabid right-winger ultra-conservative followers is that Donald Trump was a Democrat for most of his life...

I never turned Democrat, they have always had a deal killer, abortion.
Yet democrats were busted for being corrupt at a rate of almost 3:1, from 2010-2015. You gonna switch back to the GOP now?

For 2010- 2015, these are the numbers for politicians who were busted for corruption related offenses on the state and local level, while serving in government.

Democrats- 77
Republicans- 30

*For the purpose of this thread, I only counted elected politicians who were busted on corruption related offenses, such as bribery, extortion, embezzlement, voter fraud, and corruption charges.
Politicians busted for DUI, sexual crimes, and physical assault were not counted. This list I'm including has some interesting entries, one woman was even sentenced to a year in jail for entering into marriage to try to gain citizenship! And yep, she's a Democrat, State Assemblywoman Gabriela Rosa.

Some people on this list were also excluded, such as 4 Philadelphia Traffic Court judges (all democrats) who were busted for corruption charges, but aren't really considered elected politicians.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

Latest one caught without ethics.
  1. Conduct in violation of the solicitation and gift ban
  2. Conduct in violations of Code of Ethics for Government Service (clause 5)
  3. Conduct in violation of the House gift rule
  4. Conduct in violation of postal service laws and franking commission regulations
  5. Conduct in violation of any franking statute
  6. Conduct in violation of House Office Building Commission's Regulations
  7. Conduct in violation of the purpose law and the Member's Congressional Handbook
  8. Conduct in violation of the Letterhead Rules
  9. Conduct in violation of the Ethics in Government Act (EIGA) and House Rule 16
  10. Conduct in violation of Code of ethics for Government Service (clause 5)
  11. Conduct in violation of Code of Ethics for Government Service (clause 2)
  12. Conduct in Violation of the Code of Conduct: Letter and Spirit of House Rules
  13. Conduct in Violation of the Code of Conduct: Conduct Reflecting Discredibility on the House

Charlie Rangel: List of Charges - CBS News

Charlie has long been a thorn in the ethics committee's side, of multiple house sessions. Guess his interpretation of what acceptable and everyone else's just differed, or something.

Who's a more powerful Dem than Hillary right now? Her history of corruption stretches back to the mid 1980's, she's just better at not facing consequences than some of these local politicians.

So the face of your entire party right now is a crook. You're the party of low standards and ethics, which has nothing to do with me.

It's not my party. I haven't been a registered Democrat in more than 10 years.

If you think the Republicans have ethics, then pass me whatever you're smoking, chief, because it sounds fantastic.

LOL.

Ok. How about convictions?

America's Debate > So who WAS REALLY the most crooked modern prez?

Reagan = 14
Clinton = 38

So is it indictments, or convictions that should be the measure?

lol.

Wow. What a sucky source.

It's bull **** BTW.

Try this one:

Clinton: There was 1 - ONE - conviction of any Clinton administration official for a crime committed while in office during a free ranging, 7 year investigation. HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros copped to a misdemeanor for lying to the FBI about how much money he gave his girlfriend when he was the mayor of San Antonio.

Reagan: 32 convictions of Reagan administration officials -

Reagan administration era convictions in the Iran-contra scandal: 14 (two overturned on appeal)

Reagan officials convicted for illegal lobbying: 2 (Lyn Nofziger, White House political director, convicted to 30 days and $30,000 fine, overturned on appeal; Michael Deaver, White House deputy chief of staff, convicted and $100,000, given probation.)

Reagan officials convicted in Housing and Urban Development department scandal: 16
Total Reagan era convictions: 32

lol.

Wow. What a sucky source.

It's bull **** BTW.

Try this one:

Clinton: There was 1 - ONE - conviction of any Clinton administration official for a crime committed while in office during a free ranging, 7 year investigation. HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros copped to a misdemeanor for lying to the FBI about how much money he gave his girlfriend when he was the mayor of San Antonio.

Reagan: 32 convictions of Reagan administration officials -

Reagan administration era convictions in the Iran-contra scandal: 14 (two overturned on appeal)

Reagan officials convicted for illegal lobbying: 2 (Lyn Nofziger, White House political director, convicted to 30 days and $30,000 fine, overturned on appeal; Michael Deaver, White House deputy chief of staff, convicted and $100,000, given probation.)

Reagan officials convicted in Housing and Urban Development department scandal: 16
Total Reagan era convictions: 32

Hey, it's what I found.

Perhaps you could share your source so it's veracity could be rated. ;)

Oh, ****ing cram it. Don't give me this "DURR LIBS OVERLOOK ****" nonsense when the vast majority of "corrupt" dems (and republicans, for that matter) are at the local level, where nobody will ever, ever hear about them, because there's no reason for them to.

Yet William Jefferson was re-elected TWICE after he was caught with a freezer full of bribe money and once after he caught using Nat'l Guard troops to help clear out his home during Katrina.

Yet William Jefferson was re-elected TWICE after he was caught with a freezer full of bribe money and once after he caught using Nat'l Guard troops to help clear out his home during Katrina.

Bill Clinton said he left office "dead broke, and in debt".
His net worth today is listed at $80,000,000.
He's probably actually worth at least twice that.

Uh...I thought that Republicans are supposed to be the greedy ones?

Hey, it's what I found.

Perhaps you could share your source so it's veracity could be rated. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ndals_in_the_United_States#Executive_Branch_3

Iffin you want to count the total number "resulting in investigation, indictment, or conviction" - 138.

"The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by multiple scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any US president."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals

But the count is of administration officials for crimes committed while in office.
Reagan: 32.
Clinton: 1.

Latest one caught without ethics.

Charlie has long been a thorn in the ethics committee's side, of multiple house sessions. Guess his interpretation of what acceptable and everyone else's just differed, or something.
Why are you linking to a six year old article, and calling it "the latest?"

Not to mention the $200,000 of White House house wares Bill and Hill moved out with them on their exit (got caught, had to return pretty much everything, but don't pretend for one minute that had they not been caught, they would have kept it all).

Yeah, moral and honest people these. :roll:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ndals_in_the_United_States#Executive_Branch_3

Iffin you want to count the total number "resulting in investigation, indictment, or conviction" - 138.

"The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by multiple scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any US president."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals

But the count is of administration officials for crimes committed while in office.
Reagan: 32.
Clinton: 1.

The point I raised was the issue of convictions. I don't see where you provided a link to the claim you have made regarding convictions. You sure you want to stand by your claim there was only 1 during the Clinton administration?

The point I raised was the issue of convictions. I don't see where you provided a link to the claim you have made regarding convictions. You sure you want to stand by your claim there was only 1 during the Clinton administration?

Yes. Prove me wrong.

Yes. Prove me wrong.

LOL

So I ask for a link to the number of convictions you claim, I guess you are now refusing to provide it, and now want me to do the work?

I'm done with you. Bring a better game next time.

Why are you linking to a six year old article, and calling it "the latest?"

:doh

Heard from someplace that he got in trouble again. Seems that he is, but I'm growing growing suspicious now.

Democrat Rep. Charlie Rangel has found himself in a bit of a pickle. After years of allegedly thumbing his nose at pesky things like rules, his supposed misdeeds may be coming back to bite him on the proverbial hind quarter.
A House ethics committee subpanel today found Democratic Rep. Charlie Rangel guilty of 11 of the 13 charges of ethics violations against him.The panel, composed of four Democrats and four Republicans, emerged after private deliberation to announce their findings.
"This has been a difficult assignment," committee chair Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) said. "We have tried to act with fairness, led only by the facts and the law, and I believe we have accomplished that mission."
The subpanel will now submit its findings to the full ethics committee, which will schedule a public hearing to determine the appropriate sanctions to take against the longtime New York representative. Whatever action they decide on during the sanctions hearing will then go to the full House of Representatives. The committee could go so far as to recommend expelling Rangel, but that would be unlikely. Other possible sanctions include a House vote deploring Rangel's conduct, a fine or a denial of privileges.

By Tom Knighton June 25, 2016
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/06/25/charlie-rangel-found-guilty-on-11-of-13-ethics-violations/

This seems awfully suspiciously the same report as the one previous posted at the 6 year ago date. Hmm. What's this now?

LOL

So I ask for a link to the number of convictions you claim, I guess you are now refusing to provide it, and now want me to do the work?

I'm done with you. Bring a better game next time.

You freaking quoted me providing you with links just a few moments ago.

What's your problem?

:doh

Heard from someplace that he got in trouble again. Seems that he is, but I'm growing growing suspicious now.

This seems awfully suspiciously the same report as the one previous posted at the 6 year ago date. Hmm. What's this now?

Yeah, I was pretty certain you were relying on the bogus PJMedia link.

It was treating six year old news as new news.

Really, really deceitful, but that's the CEC for ya.

I actually typed this first:

Don't tell you were another one of those duped by PJMedia.

then deleted it.

I wanted to see your defense of it...because an awful lot of gullible people are carting that "new" / old news around the conniesphere right now,
and I'm getting the biggest kick out of it.

You freaking quoted me providing you with links just a few moments ago.

What's your problem?

You gave me links to "resulting in investigation, indictment, or conviction". Those are the same links provided in the original post I commented on from another poster.

I asked for convictions, you also give me a list of scandals. Those aren't convictions.

Do you know what a conviction is?

You claim 1 conviction of a Clinton Administration official. The number is absolutely more than one, so I asked where you got that number.

It appears you don't want to provide that information.

:2wave:

You gave me links to "resulting in investigation, indictment, or conviction". Those are the same links provided in the original post I commented on from another poster.

I asked for convictions, you also give me a list of scandals. Those aren't convictions.

Do you know what a conviction is?
The link provides you with the convictions during the Reagan era. Read it.

You claim 1 conviction of a Clinton Administration official. The number is absolutely more than one, so I asked where you got that number.

It appears you don't want to provide that information.
I gave the name of the one.

You seem certain there are more -- it appears you don't want to provide that information.

Back
Top Bottom