• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary is More than Just a Woman

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Last night, Trump intentionally made the decision to show that he will not adjust his style to fit the suggestions by Manafort, some made privately, that Trump would act more Presidential. His speech was very similar to every other speech (bragging about his accomplishments, demanding his opponents relinquish the fight, attacking his critics) and then he took questions from the media.

And at the very end of the night, Trump decided to really hammer home just how much Misogyny is a core philosophy to his entire being. When asked whether he considered Hillary to be qualified, he said that she was not in his opinion. And he went further by claiming that the only thing Hillary has going for her is the "woman card." In fact, according to Trump, "If Hillary Clinton were a man, I don't think she would get five percent of the vote."

This event led to a social media ruckus when Mary Pat Christie, Chris Christie's wife, stole the show by demonstrating her disdain behind his head while he made the comment.

First off, Trump, that's not how sexism works. Secondly, there can be ZERO rational debate about whether Hillary is qualified to be President. She is a two term senator, four years as Secretary of State, and has spent eight years in the white house as first lady and before her political career, she was partner at a very prestigious law firm and the national chairwoman of the Children's defense fund. She has served on the boards of multiple corporations, like Walmart, and she served a formal role in attempting her husband to roll out education reform in Arkansas. One could very easily make the argument that Hillary Clinton is One of the Most Qualified Presidential Candidates in History.

Now, we can bicker about whether these qualifications are a good thing - although there is historical evidence to support the notion that inexperience can hurt, like Bill Clinton's awful transition or George W. Bush's deference to white house staff that pushed him around. And we can also bicker about whether Hillary was successful or failed during those periods of her life.

But to boil Hillary Clinton's accomplishments down to the fact that she is woman just goes to further prove the level of sexism that is ingrained into Trump. And while it is true to note that Hillary's favorability among women is only 43%, Trump has a crushingly unfavorable rating among women of 66% with a majority (52%) rating him as very unfavorable.

From where I sit the only reason she was ever given any attention at all is because of her husband.

As for her gender, well, she is the one that went out of her way to tell women to vote for her because she is a woman. If you don't want other people to make it all about you being a woman then perhaps you shouldn't do it yourself. :shrug:

Last edited:
I agree that Hillary is something more than a woman. Can't quite put my finger on it, but would be interesting to splash a glass of water on her, and see what happens. Just an experiment.

She is more than just a woman. She is a fat woman. And also a serial liar.

She's a crook, a liar, a Corporate Politician, a status quo supporter, a Party Line toer, etc.

But she will be playing her "woman card" hard. She did it against Sanders when he claimed that she was the standard politician and she used being a woman to deflect away from the fact that she's a standard Republocrat, corporate bought and paid for politician.

I don't like Trump at all, but Hillary is a one trick pony and she will use the "woman card" to her advantage as best and as often as possible. I don't know who is worse, Hillary or Trump. They're both bottom of the barrel.

Apparently misogyny has now gone the way of the word racism.
Anytime you say something negative about a woman, you're a misogynist.

Setting aside the fact that there are literally dozens of instances of Trump making misogynistic comments, I don't see how you can really defend a naked attack on Hillary that boils her accomplishments down to her "woman card" as not being sexist.

From where I sit the only reason she was ever given any attention at all is because of her husband.

As for the gender, well, she is the one that went out of her way to tell women to vote for her because she is a woman. If you don't want other people to make it all about you being a woman then perhaps you shouldn't do it yourself. :shrug:

Indeed. She ran on it the first time, and she does so now. Not only that, some of her supporters put woman on a guilt trip were they not to vote for her. Of course they backpedaled it, but it is out there.
“out of the overflow heart, the mouth speaks.”

She's a crook, a liar, a Corporate Politician, a status quo supporter, a Party Line toer, etc. [...]. I don't know who is worse, Hillary or Trump. They're both bottom of the barrel.

She is marginally better, exactly because she is a Party Line toer. Puts some constraints on her statism. Trump has the same (and worse) instincts, and he is a loose canon.

Last edited:
I was hoping this thread would have uncovered some bionics or alien DNA in Clinton but, instead, its another Trump is so mean thread.
He never seemed to have said that she wasn't qualified for being a woman. He seems to indicate that she gets special attention for being a woman. That is a basic fact, though I am sure he had an arrogant sneer that made it even worse when he said it.

Just because she is a career politician who can get herself out of hot water by having "special friends" and may have literally gotten away with murder doesn't make her a good presidential candidate.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is no better granted, but when you are comparing the Devil to Shaitan then...

Clinton, Trump? America loses either way.

Hillary Clinton is more than just a woman? That's not how she's been campaigning, she never hesitates to mention how she's a womanly woman who's gonna woman up the Whitehouse and that she's entitled to women's votes because they are also women.

Setting aside the fact that there are literally dozens of instances of Trump making misogynistic comments, I don't see how you can really defend a naked attack on Hillary that boils her accomplishments down to her "woman card" as not being sexist.
It's ok to boil her accomplishments down to "connected to Bill Clinton". She's a political opportunist in the worse possible way. Oh and btw, "connected to Bill Clinton" is not mysogynistic either. And I don't know why you brought Trump into this, have you got Trump Derangement Syndrome?

If I called a bunch of women names, that doesn't make me a misogynist, sorry.

It's ok to boil her accomplishments down to "connected to Bill Clinton". She's a political opportunist in the worse possible way. Oh and btw, "connected to Bill Clinton" is not mysogynistic either. And I don't know why you brought Trump into this, have you got Trump Derangement Syndrome?

I brought Trump into this specifically because it was Trump who said she was not qualified and that she only got her voter's support because she is a woman.

He didn't boil her accomplishments down to "connected to Bill Clinton," although that would be sexist as well because it ignores the fact that she is her own person and she is capable of accomplishments, like becoming Secretary of State or becoming a two term senator of New York, without her husband's permission.

Edit: Also, check my signature. Trump can go blow his brains out and it would make the world a better place.

Last edited:
If I called a bunch of women names, that doesn't make me a misogynist, sorry.

Why don't you go ahead and define misogyny for me then?

Because you clearly believe it is something besides the dictionary definition of "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women"

Hillary Clinton is more than just a woman? That's not how she's been campaigning, she never hesitates to mention how she's a womanly woman who's gonna woman up the Whitehouse and that she's entitled to women's votes because they are also women.

Do you really not see the difference between championing your own unique characteristics and someone else denigrating everything you do because of that unique characteristic?

Hillary is more than a woman. She's also a cold, evil, corporate lizard.

Do you really not see the difference between championing your own unique characteristics and someone else denigrating everything you do because of that unique characteristic?

As they say "open the door wide".
Now, I am no fan of Trump, and won't vote for him unless someone holds a gun to my head. But he has the right to criticize her on what she brags about. Being a woman is one of those things.

I was hoping this thread would have uncovered some bionics or alien DNA in Clinton but, instead, its another Trump is so mean thread.
He never seemed to have said that she wasn't qualified for being a woman. He seems to indicate that she gets special attention for being a woman. That is a basic fact, though I am sure he had an arrogant sneer that made it even worse when he said it.

Just because she is a career politician who can get herself out of hot water by having "special friends" and may have literally gotten away with murder doesn't make her a good presidential candidate.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is no better granted, but when you are comparing the Devil to Shaitan then...

Clinton, Trump? America loses either way.

Props for knowing the term Shaitan - did you read Wheel of Time?

She has to be much more than a woman to stand up to all these men.

I brought Trump into this specifically because it was Trump who said she was not qualified and that she only got her voter's support because she is a woman.

He didn't boil her accomplishments down to "connected to Bill Clinton," although that would be sexist as well because it ignores the fact that she is her own person and she is capable of accomplishments, like becoming Secretary of State or becoming a two term senator of New York, without her husband's permission.
If William Clinton were a woman named "Wilhemina" AND HIllary was a man named "Harry" the same principle would apply. I'm not accusing her of sleeping her way to the top because no self-respecting man would allow it AND also because that's not how she got to where she is.

She got to where she is because of her connections to the president of the U.S. She had no actual ties to New York before she become Senator. She had no experience with diplomacy before she became Secretay Of State. She had no business experience before she become a member of the Board of Directors of Wal*Mart.

Her every rise in politics is because of the coattails she road to get there. And in every instance, she's shown to be mediocre to terrible. She also failed the D.C. bar exam.

Back
Top Bottom