• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Gets 'Liberty Medal' After Lying About Benghazi

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Ann Kane
June 28, 2013

What do you receive for getting four Americans killed in Benghazi, including our ambassador? Just ask Hillary Clinton.
On September 10--exactly a day short of one year after she and Obama allowed their own officials to die in real time--Clinton will be awarded the National Constitution Center's Liberty Medal.

From Constitution Daily:

"The Liberty Medal recognizes individuals who have furthered the ideals of freedom, democracy, and equality, often against great odds," said National Constitution Center President and CEO Jeffrey Rosen. "Hillary Clinton has devoted her life to expanding opportunities for 'We the People' not just in this country but around the globe."​

Read more: Blog: Hillary Gets 'Liberty Medal' After Lying About Benghazi

Hmm...., I wonder what Ambassador Stevens gets for making his supreme sacrifice, or Tyrone Woods, Sean Smith and Glen Doherty for their sacrifices. Oh, I know. "What difference does it make," according to Hillary.

Devalues the medal making it worthless going forward.

What did Hilary do that was noteworthy in a positive way during her time as the Secretary of State?

By Ann Kane
June 28, 2013

What do you receive for getting four Americans killed in Benghazi, including our ambassador? Just ask Hillary Clinton.
On September 10--exactly a day short of one year after she and Obama allowed their own officials to die in real time--Clinton will be awarded the National Constitution Center's Liberty Medal.

From Constitution Daily:

"The Liberty Medal recognizes individuals who have furthered the ideals of freedom, democracy, and equality, often against great odds," said National Constitution Center President and CEO Jeffrey Rosen. "Hillary Clinton has devoted her life to expanding opportunities for 'We the People' not just in this country but around the globe."​

Hmm...., I wonder what Ambassador Stevens gets for making his supreme sacrifice, or Tyrone Woods, Sean Smith and Glen Doherty for their sacrifices. Oh, I know. "What difference does it make," according to Hillary.

Are you blaming Hillary Clinton for the deaths of 4 Americans or are you letting the American Stinker do that for you? WOW 223 new threads in such a short time, you must be going for the record.

Truly tasteless article.

Devalues the medal making it worthless going forward.
How absurd. The description of the award provided speaks directly to Clinton's experience as Secretary of State.

It's about as important to me as if MoveOn.org gave her their "Honesty in Government" award.

i expected no less, after all, did not obama get the Nobel prize.

"if we are to build monuments to men, let them be men of substance and not fools"

How absurd. The description of the award provided speaks directly to Clinton's experience as Secretary of State.

Nonsense, unless we're just giving folks high profile medals for doing an average job now. She's nowhere near the best (or the worst) SOS we've had and she's done absolutely nothing in her office to distinguish herself (postively). It's a cheap and rather transparent political stunt, loading her up with [false] accolades she can use in campaigning going forward.

Nonsense, unless we're just giving folks high profile medals for doing an average job now. She's nowhere near the best (or the worst) SOS we've had and she's doing absolutely nothing in her office to distinguish herself. It's a cheap and rather transparent political stunt, loading her up with [false] accolades she can use in campaigning going forward.
Clinton was an steadfast advocate of democracy, in addition to women's and gay rights, all while serving as a female diplomat in areas unaccustomed and often hostile to the notion. The award seems fitting, regardless of your political biases.

Clinton was an steadfast advocate of democracy, in addition to women's and gay rights, all while serving as a female diplomat in areas unaccustomed and often hostile to the notion. The award seems fitting, regardless of your political biases.

Again, nonsense. SOSes before her have done the same things and under worse conditions and with less protection. AND they didn't have a Benghazi on their record.

How could it be any more obvious that this is a party political move?

I can't count the ways i don't care about Hillary getting an unknown medal from an unheard of organization.

call me if Obama gets another Nobel peace prize.....

Again, nonsense. SOSes before her have done the same things and under worse conditions and with less protection. AND they didn't have a Benghazi on their record.

How could it be any more obvious that this is a party political move?
In your opinion perhaps. Many others would claim Clinton's efforts on those issues to be more impressive than her predecessors.

The variety in the prior recipients. Robert Gates and Colin Powell namely, in addition to many non political individuals.

By Ann Kane
June 28, 2013

From Constitution Daily:

Good old Jeb Bush!

So they found an inexpensive way to reward a faithful servant of the administration. Sounds better than an expensive way to me.

Back
Top Bottom