• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Declines To Debate Bernie

Badlaama

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Last edited:
Saying this as someone who can't stand Hillary -- why on earth would she debate Bernie? She's got the nomination pretty much sewed up. How does she benefit from it at all?

She's shared a debate stage with Bernie no fewer than nine times already.

She's smart not to. As much as this will further fuel the Sanders supporters, it would possibly give them even more fuel (maybe costing her the nomination) if she ****ed up somehow in the debate.

There simply is no reason for Hillary to debate Bernie. She has the nomination in her pocket. If Bernie wants California and the other four (?), he'll have to take them from Hillary on the merits as they stand today. I'll give Bernie a lot of credit for taking on the Clinton machine. That's a significant task. The last time I looked, Hillary had 720 on her campaign staff.

Hillary Clinton Declines Invitation to Debate Bernie Sanders

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/24/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-campaign.html?_r=0

Clinton declines to debate Sanders in California - CNNPolitics.com

Sanders Tells Rally: 'I Was Disturbed' Hillary Declined Debate

And I swear the SEIU has to be one of the most corrupt unions out there...

These people-

Will she ever debate??? What's the prob?

Why bother debating a corrupt , lying , ruthless witch ? She will lie, lie ,lie and no one even cares !

Hillary Clinton Declines Invitation to Debate Bernie Sanders

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/24/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-campaign.html?_r=0

Clinton declines to debate Sanders in California - CNNPolitics.com

Sanders Tells Rally: 'I Was Disturbed' Hillary Declined Debate

And I swear the SEIU has to be one of the most corrupt unions out there...

These people-

Will she ever debate??? What's the prob?

Why should she? She already won the nomination (June 7th is more of a formality) and she can only end up damaging herself by giving Sanders one more major media platform to attack her. Also haven't they debated like eight times already?

Why should she? She already won the nomination (June 7th is more of a formality) and she can only end up damaging herself by giving Sanders one more major media platform to attack her. Also haven't they debated like eight times already?

Hmmm...

Wonder why?

Seriously, if I can. I'd actually like to see her do what Thatcher did...

It's a stupid argument to constantly bring up the wealth gap and bitch about the rich when your policy is to flood the nation with poverty.

Statistics and systems analysis really isn't some sort of mystical occult science people...

We can go back to Feudalism if you really want.

Just to be clear, she isn't declining an invitation to debate. She agreed to this debate long ago and is now backing out of it. But you can't really blame her.

Just to be clear, she isn't declining an invitation to debate. She agreed to this debate long ago and is now backing out of it. But you can't really blame her.

Looks weak.

No comment, right?

Looks weak.

As Kobie already said, Hillary has debated Sanders directly in every Democratic debate til now. Also, whether you personally approve of it or not, it's basic campaign strategy not to debate someone if you're already sufficiently ahead of that person. If anything, it's a cold splash of water for me because if she feels she's that advanced in clinching the nomination, well...she probably is.

Saying this as someone who can't stand Hillary -- why on earth would she debate Bernie? She's got the nomination pretty much sewed up. How does she benefit from it at all?

She's shared a debate stage with Bernie no fewer than nine times already.

Exactly. At this point she needs to ignore Sanders and score her points off Trump.And I can't stand her either.

As Kobie already said, Hillary has debated Sanders directly in every Democratic debate til now. Also, whether you personally approve of it or not, it's basic campaign strategy not to debate someone if you're already sufficiently ahead of that person. If anything, it's a cold splash of water for me because if she feels she's that advanced in clinching the nomination, well...she probably is.

Okay "Oddjob"...

Did you actually have something to say forth or with Mrs. Clinton or are you just tossing your hat about?

Hmmm...

Wonder why?

Seriously, if I can. I'd actually like to see her do what Thatcher did...

It's a stupid argument to constantly bring up the wealth gap and bitch about the rich when your policy is to flood the nation with poverty.

Thatcher's policies caused a recession and the unemployment rate to skyrocket.

Thatcher's policies caused a recession and the unemployment rate to skyrocket.

Ummm...

Citation needed...

What exactly is "Trickle down"....

Okay "Oddjob"...

Did you actually have something to say forth or with Mrs. Clinton or are you just tossing your hat about?

If you want to find yourself on people's ignore lists, keep spamming the forum with videos.

If you want to find yourself on people's ignore lists, keep spamming the forum with videos.

A Modern Problem:

Ignore Lists...

I just don't wanna hear an opposing opinion because my opinion is right and I just don't feel to hear anything else... LALALALALALALAL!!!

Calm down brueh...

Well...?...

Ummm...

Citation needed...

If you can Google a stupid video then why not Thatcher's economic policies?

"...On coming to power, the Conservatives followed a policy of Monetarism – seeking to control the money supply in order to control inflation. This involved higher interest rates, and higher taxes. This did reduce inflation to 5% by 1983, but at the cost of a deep recession and unemployment rising to over 3 million...."

Economic Impact of Margaret Thatcher | Economics Help

What exactly is "Trickle down"....

It's a failed economic theory.

A Modern Problem:

Ignore Lists...

I just don't wanna hear an opposing opinion because my opinion is right and I just don't feel to hear anything else... LALALALALALALAL!!!

Your faulty assumption is that you've given an opposing opinion that has any value. Your insistent need to attach videos nobody will ever click on demonstrates that you're perfectly aware of this.

Your faulty assumption is that you've given an opposing opinion that has any value. Your insistent need to attach videos nobody will ever click on demonstrates that you're perfectly aware of this.

Ohhhh,,,,!!!

It's the hat...

So what did that have to do with the OP or Hillary???

Gotta be dat hat!

Last edited:
DatsprettymuchwattaIthought...

I need a debate...

Back
Top Bottom