• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Clinton thanks Russia for 'Lifetime Achievement Award' of sanctions

roguenuke

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
And this is one reason I voted for her.

So basically Hillary Clinton mockingly thanked Russia for the sanctions against her, which basically are "you can't come to Russia". Pretty sure no one on that list wanted to go to Russia any time in the near future.

Russia's like "well if you don't like us that's just fine, you can't come to our party". The response "okay".

She is doing her best to keep her name relevant as the world passes her by
Because it couldn't possibly be the fact that she was included on the short list of those being sanctioned, despite her not being in office and a lot of people who are currently in office being left off?

Because it couldn't possibly be the fact that she was included on the short list of those being sanctioned, despite her not being in office and a lot of people who are currently in office being left off?

A has been political washout exploiting any press she can to seem relevant in today’s world.

A has been political washout exploiting any press she can to seem relevant in today’s world.
She tweeted a response to the sanctions including her. Is she not allowed to tweet now? No hilarious comments from her when she's included by others on the world stage?

It isn't like she called a press conference, sold tickets to a rally like some has beens have been doing.

She tweeted a response to the sanctions including her. Is she not allowed to tweet now? No hilarious comments from her when she's included by others on the world stage?

It isn't like she called a press conference, sold tickets to a rally like some has beens have been doing.
Of course she can tweet just as people can tell her screw off you has been

I believe you are wrong here. She isn't trying to do anything to remain relevant. IF you wanted an example of someone trying to remain relevant think Beto O'Rourke.

Of course she can tweet just as people can tell her screw off you has been
And anyone doing that or making the claims you are making are just essentially being petty.

You at least said something similar about the guy defeated in the last presidential election, right? Who had to give up the office but still is doing rallies and calling press conferences?

So basically Hillary Clinton mockingly thanked Russia for the sanctions against her, which basically are "you can't come to Russia". Pretty sure no one on that list wanted to go to Russia any time in the near future.

Russia's like "well if you don't like us that's just fine, you can't come to our party". The response "okay".
I assume that the only reason Russia sanctioned her is to curry favor with people who still hate her after she's mostly irrelevant politically. At least publicly, not sure what she does behind the scenes.

I am surprised Trump isn't on the list.

He was harder on Russia then any president ever...at least that is what I hear.
I'm surprised he wasn't on the list to at least keep up appearances, act like he isn't an asset to them.

She failed miserably as Secretary of State in forging diplomacy and partnership with Russia.

This is indisputable.

Putin was solely responsible for Hillary's loss to Trump as everyone knows. He interfered in the 2016 US election and Trump won. Now can the dried up old hag just go away and leave us the hell alone?

She failed miserably as Secretary of State in forging diplomacy and partnership with Russia.

This is indisputable.
Appears she did a good job of getting them so mad at her they worked overtime to get their guy in as President in 2016 instead of her.

Putin was solely responsible for Hillary's loss to Trump as everyone knows. He interfered in the 2016 US election and Trump won. Now can the dried up old hag just go away and leave us the hell alone?
There's just so much whining about a tweet that is a response to Russia bringing her into it.

Not sure if sarcasm.
IMO if Hillary Clinton had run a better campaign, it never would have been close enough for Trump to win even if Russia did more than they actually seem to have on his behalf.

It certainly wasn't the only factor in her loss.

And it's Russia's fault anyone even noticed she still exists, which I'm assuming is why they did it - to stir up old hatreds and further divide us.

I'm considering changing parties so I can vote for Hillary in the 2024 primary. She really should run.

Apparently the misogynists on this board still react with rage to any mention of a New York grandmother who hasn't held political office in 10 years. Just like the Kremlin apparently does.
I think this was the Kremlin triggering those who still react with rage specifically to provoke responses like they make.

Edit: To put it another way, this was Russia trying to use her to stir up trouble in the USA. Not that she had any say in the matter. But Russia knows some of the buttons they can push.

Appears she did a good job of getting them so mad at her they worked overtime to get their guy in as President in 2016 instead of her.

^^ This is what literary gymnastics looks like.

Hillary fubar'd US-Russia relations. This is a fact.

That's our gal! Being a bitch is her forte. You go, girl!

Back
Top Bottom