• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hillary Clinton splits younger, older Democratic women

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Hillary Clinton splits younger, older Democratic women - CNNPolitics.com

Los Angeles (CNN)When Hillary Clinton became the first woman to clinch the nomination of a major political party, she marked the moment as a milestone. But many of the millennial women supporting Bernie Sanders weren't celebrating this week.

"To every little girl who dreams big: Yes, you can be anything you want—even president. Tonight is for you. --H," the candidate tweeted Tuesday evening. But a number of young women who attended Sanders' election night rally in Santa Monica didn't even bother to listen to her speech.

One of Clinton's most fascinating challenges during her primary campaign has been her struggle to excite young women, particularly millennials. Taking a look back at the primary campaign in its totality, that generational divide was huge.
CNN's Polling Director Jennifer Agiesta analyzed the age and gender breakdown in 27 states where CNN conducted exit and entrance polls during the primaries -- and found that overall, Clinton led Sanders 61% to 37% among women.
But when she analyzed the age and gender breakdown across those 27 states, Sanders led Clinton by an average of 37 percentage points among women 18 to 29 -- a stunning result given Clinton's emphasis on the historic nature of her candidacy.
Very interesting statistics.

I truly don't believe many women of any age that would have voted for sanders will switch to Trump for the general election. So I don't think it is a problem for her. Too damn bad the Republicans don't have a real candidate.

I truly don't believe many women of any age that would have voted for sanders will switch to Trump for the general election. So I don't think it is a problem for her. Too damn bad the Republicans don't have a real candidate.

Yep. And we can expect 6 more months of Republicans apologists and Trump supporters looking for, and spinning every bit of info they can find to try and prove that Trump has a chance of carrying the Hispanics and women vote.

But he's gone out of his way to piss off both demographics. So he's got a huge uphill battle.

And there are probably dozens of sound bites still out there, and many more to come. Right now Republicans are basically saying, "well, we know he's racist, but he is our racist." Gonna be a problem for the Repubs.
Yep. And we can expect 6 more months of Republicans apologists and Trump supporters looking for, and spinning every bit of info they can find to try and prove that Trump has a chance of carrying the Hispanics and women vote.

But he's gone out of his way to piss off both demographics. So he's got a huge uphill battle.

I truly don't believe many women of any age that would have voted for sanders will switch to Trump for the general election.
So I don't think it is a problem for her. Too damn bad the Republicans don't have a real candidate.

Lots of people (Including women.) will be voting against Trump for the same reasons that others will be voting for him.

The hate and fear that Trump is spreading isn't going to put him in the White House.

It'll be fine. Sanders' supporters, like Sanders, are finding it hard to face facts. This is a phenomenon I've seen many times. Supporters of candidates who were never going to win just can't see the forest for the trees. Kucinich supporters were the same way. They insisted, even after he had to drop out, that he could win. It's sad to see people who just can't be objective about politics. I admire loyalty, but that's just perplexing. It's almost like a cult-like mentality, only not that bad, of course.

Last edited:
Sen. Sanders is keeping his word and solemn pledge to his supporters and all voters by campaigning through the last primary in DC.

And true to his word, he's remaining on topic on the important issues to DC, such as statehood, something GOPs will never allow happen, just with the two additional Senators alone.

The trump beatdown from Sanders has already begun, and he will elevate his rhetoric to Warren levels as well as the beatdown levels of trump coming from his own GOPs .

Back
Top Bottom