• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Clinton says Alito draft would ‘kill and subjugate women’

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Hillary Clinton said Tuesday on Twitter that the leaked Supreme Court draft ruling on abortion, which would overturn the high court’s landmark Roe v. Wade decision if made final, “will kill and subjugate women.”

“This decision is a direct assault on the dignity, rights, & lives of women, not to mention decades of settled law,” the former secretary of State added in her Twitter post.

Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, also said the draft majority opinion, which was obtained and leaked by Politico Monday evening, was “not surprising. But still outrageous.”

Chief Justice Roberts orders probe into Supreme Court leakDemocrat says Roe downfall could lead to attacks on birth control
If issued as a final opinion by the Supreme Court, the 67-page draft ruling would in effect eliminate abortion protections at the federal level and shift authority over abortion access to the states.

It was written by conservative Justice Samuel Alito, and concludes that the high court’s landmark 1973 decision establishing a federal right to abortion in Roe v. Wade, as well as its 1992 decision in Planned Parenthood v. Casey, have no grounding in the Constitution.

snip

Why does anyone care what a has been failed politician has to say. She was part of the past and needs to fade gracefully away as younger more relevant politicians try to fix the mess her generation of politicians created.

Before anyone says the but but but but Trump. He should shut up also and fade away into a has been mistake and allow the country to improve.

Why does anyone care what a has been failed politician has to say. She was part of the past and needs to fade gracefully away as younger more relevant politicians try to fix the mess her generation of politicians created.

Before anyone says the but but but but Trump. He should shut up also and fade away into a has been mistake and allow the country to improve.
Oh now you don't care what past politicians have to say when convenient. I see

Oh now you don't care what past politicians have to say when convenient. I see
Kind of weak retort. Guess this is where I supposed to ask if you suddenly care about past politicians when convenient , but that bores me.

I would be more interested why do you find her relevant. She has not held any type of elected office in about 13 years. She has not held any government position in almost a decade. She was not part of the crowded Democratic Primary for 2020. There seems to be no real interest in seeing her run in 2024. She is not the “face” nor future of the party in any way now. She has gone from being front and center on the weekly talk show circuit to having an occasional article written about her. Any torch she bore for the Democratic Party has either fizzled out or has been passed on to the next generation. Clinton is free to express her opinion, I’m just puzzled in why anyone would care about her opinion when there are more female politicians who are in a position to possibly do something offering up more relevant opinions.

Kind of weak retort. Guess this is where I supposed to ask if you suddenly care about past politicians when convenient , but that bores me.

I would be more interested why do you find her relevant. She has not held any type of elected office in about 13 years. She has not held any government position in almost a decade. She was not part of the crowded Democratic Primary for 2020. There seems to be no real interest in seeing her run in 2024. She is not the “face” nor future of the party in any way now. She has gone from being front and center on the weekly talk show circuit to having an occasional article written about her. Any torch she bore for the Democratic Party has either fizzled out or has been passed on to the next generation. Clinton is free to express her opinion, I’m just puzzled in why anyone would care about her opinion when there are more female politicians who are in a position to possibly do something offering up more relevant opinions.
I can understand a personal opinion thinking that she not relevant but in reality she is. She warned us about the very things that are now happening. You don't like to like her, or her politics. Shrug

I can understand a personal opinion thinking that she not relevant but in reality she is. She warned us about the very things that are now happening. You don't like to like her, or her politics. Shrug
The reality is it’s your opinion she is relevant as mine is she is not. There are plenty of other politicians who curre hold some power to change this that have more valid opinions on the matter. Clinton can do nothing but stomp her feat and bitch sh is not in a position to effect any change.

Hillary Clinton said Tuesday on Twitter that the leaked Supreme Court draft ruling on abortion, which would overturn the high court’s landmark Roe v. Wade decision if made final, “will kill and subjugate women.”

“This decision is a direct assault on the dignity, rights, & lives of women, not to mention decades of settled law,” the former secretary of State added in her Twitter post.

Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, also said the draft majority opinion, which was obtained and leaked by Politico Monday evening, was “not surprising. But still outrageous.”

Chief Justice Roberts orders probe into Supreme Court leakDemocrat says Roe downfall could lead to attacks on birth control
If issued as a final opinion by the Supreme Court, the 67-page draft ruling would in effect eliminate abortion protections at the federal level and shift authority over abortion access to the states.

It was written by conservative Justice Samuel Alito, and concludes that the high court’s landmark 1973 decision establishing a federal right to abortion in Roe v. Wade, as well as its 1992 decision in Planned Parenthood v. Casey, have no grounding in the Constitution.

snip

Her comments are way too hyperbolic for me.

Melodrama spill, Aisle 3.

Melodrama spill, Aisle 3.

Thankfully we have a conservative male who isn't remotely affected here to explain to women why they shouldn't be concerned about having their rights stripped away.

She is 100% correct.

American women are about to be attacked by Republican terrorists, in a Taliban manner.

They need to revolt against this minority (Far-right white males) and either chase them out of the SC building so they leave the country, or increase the pressure immensely to undo the likely ruling.

snip
1651676298308.png

Cause its true.

Back
Top Bottom