• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Clinton: Europe must curb immigration to stop rightwing populists

I am

One of the main pushes for Brexit was the "polish plumber". They worked harder for less than British Plumbers, that created fear and terror in the minds of Brexiters who voted to leave the UK to protects and control its boarders from the fearsome Polish Plumber

Preposterous.

I agree. But many do not apparently. Are they correct in saying Trump gives the office a black-eye? I don't really think so.
I've seen him deal with the likes of Merkle and that French guy...can't place the name right now...but those 2 are on the outs because of this...and the carbon tax.
I've seen him deal with my PM Pixey-Dust and frankly...Pixey-dust gets off light with Trump.

I think its refreshing and good, in a way, that Donny-boy is what he is.
They all started off by ridiculing him openly.
Today...I think they're more scared of him than anything else. Between him and Bannon's efforts...Liberal Europe is enjoying a slow and inevitable death.
Which is exactly why Hillary-Billary would say these odd things.

Trump is certainly having an effect on Europe and I think several countries are wishing their leaders would protect their sovereignty like Trump is protecting America's.

With respect to your mom.
When you visit her, do you bring up politics and start arguments with her? I hope you don't. She is a MOTHER, and believes what she does, not for her sake, but for YOURS. So I truly hope you understand and respect her views as a result.

As to the rest...
I agree that Trump is a crass blow-hard. I actually don't think many conservatives would disagree with that assessment.
But the vitriol of CNN is just as crass and hard to listen to. They are, collectively, every bit the blow-hard Donald is.
Is Trump a racist? Well, it would be illogical to say that he holds absolutely no racial biases. Every human on this rock holds some racial biases, and those who swear they don't...are simply lying. But does he let his own racial biases affect his presidential judgement? I haven't seen it. I've looked for it...but just haven't really seen it. Oh I know many lefties will make grandiose statements like..."Oh My God! Its a dog-whistle"!". But rally...that's just silliness. Nazi? Blatant silliness. And I feel I must point out that his position on immigration is identicle to that of Chuck Schumer not so many moons ago.
Thus today, when a Liberal declares that Trump is an idiot, the average conservative...like your mom more than likely...hears just another lie.

That is nonsense. Of course Trump's racism affects his judgement. His last campaign was designed to energize cowardly racists. That's apparently how he sees his base, as cowardly racists.

Trump's Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

It was so bad, that even the propaganda wing of the Trump administration, FOX News, refused to carry an ad

Fox News, NBC, and Facebook pulled Trump's racist campaign ad

Trump has publicly supported the KKK and Neo Nazis:

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

This was a rally that was:

1. Organized by White Supremacists.

2. Had the stated purpose of uniting White Supremacists across the nation.

3. Had these guys there:

Charlottesville_%27Unite_the_Right%27_Rally_%2835780274914%29_crop.jpg

And...

a2668b92-7c26-4736-b568-feb08d471e03-ax098_4a00_9.jpg

There were no "very fine people" there. No "very fine person" would show up at a rally hosted by White Supremacists, whose stated purpose was to unite White Supremacists, and if they accidentally did, they would leave when they saw the above people.

And of course, Neo Nazis and the KKK love Trump for his support:

Hail Trump: White nationalists mark Trump win with Nazi salute

And unfortunately, none of this is new for Trump.

Trump Has A Long And Well-Documented History Of Racist Behavior

No vacancies for Blacks

Do I need to go on? Because there is a lot more, obviously. Trump's racism is blatantly obvious to anyone who uses their eyes and ears.

Last edited:
Preposterous.

I would have thought so too but

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ash-after-brexit-vote/?utm_term=.5782b12927dc

Go home" were the words written on the Polish Social and Cultural Association's building in West London. Meanwhile in Cambridgeshire, laminated cards were distributed with the message “Leave the EU/No more Polish vermin,” written in not only English but also Polish. These two instances of anti-Polish sentiment have prompted a high-level official response from British authorities, with Prime Minister David Cameron suggesting that such behavior "must be stamped out" during a speech at Parliament on Monday. The Polish embassy in London also responded, releasing a statement that said it was "shocked and deeply concerned" by the reports.

Anti-Polish sentiment is far from new to Britain. According to figures obtained by the Guardian, in 2013, British police officers arrested at least 585 people for hate crimes against Polish people – a figure that may be a large understatement, as the newspaper was only able to get numbers from 26 of the country's 46 police forces. A survey from 2014 found that 81 percent of Polish people living in Britain had been subjected to verbal or physical abuse or knew another Polish person who had who had.

snip

A negative stereotype quickly developed in Europe of the "Polish plumber" – a foreign tradesman willing to undercut the prices of local workers. In Britain, newspapers and politicians helped spread the stereotype: The Sun once claimed that most of the population of one Polish city had moved to Britain (which prompted a threat of legal action from the city itself, angered by its negative description of the city). The United Kingdom Independence Party ran advertisements that read, "British workers are hit hard by unlimited cheap labor," though they were criticized when it turned out that the actor in the ad was an Irish immigrant.

the drive behind Brexit was immigration, nationalist, and economics related ... not the plumbing trade.

It was a term used to represent the large number of Eastern Europeans that are/were in the UK because of both being members of the EU

It was a term used to represent the large number of Eastern Europeans that are/were in the UK because of both being members of the EU

I realize that, but the state of England's economy and watching how Germany ****ed themselves up with their absurd immigration policy, it was a much more serious problem than one that could be described by an expression such as that.

I realize that, but the state of England's economy and watching how Germany ****ed themselves up with their absurd immigration policy, it was a much more serious problem than one that could be described by an expression such as that.

Germany is not that ****ed

Government budget surplus, highest trade surplus in the world. It will be back to normal in a while provided the US, and UK don't invade/attack/ cause regime change in more countries

Europe must get a handle on immigration to combat a growing threat from rightwing populists, Hillary Clinton has said, calling on the continent’s leaders to send out a stronger signal showing they are “not going to be able to continue provide refuge and support”.
-- Hillary Clinton

Talk about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face....What a ridiculous proposition she's posited.

I disagree with her, if that quote is correct. Europe must curb its right wing extremists. Her statement is like saying we need to limit civil rights laws as not to inflame bigots.

Merkel screwed up when she opened the doors, then expected other EU countries to accept their share. Social support systems were overwhelmed. People who should not have been granted access were.
The problem lay in the EU ignoring Turkish requests for funding and assistance.

Merkel screwed up when she opened the doors, then expected other EU countries to accept their share. Social support systems were overwhelmed. People who should not have been granted access were.
The problem lay in the EU ignoring Turkish requests for funding and assistance.

Turkey has 3.5 million refugees, should not the EU take some?

That is nonsense. Of course Trump's racism affects his judgement. His last campaign was designed to energize cowardly racists. That's apparently how he sees his base, as cowardly racists.

It was so bad, that even the propaganda wing of the Trump administration, FOX News, refused to carry an ad

3. Had these guys there:

And...

There were no "very fine people" there. No "very fine person" would show up at a rally hosted by White Supremacists, whose stated purpose was to unite White Supremacists, and if they accidentally did, they would leave when they saw the above people.

No vacancies for Blacks

Do I need to go on? Because there is a lot more, obviously. Trump's racism is blatantly obvious to anyone who uses their eyes and ears.

Despite the leftist narrative, no one ever said that there were any very fine people in that group of Nazis. No one. Ever. Not Trump.
You've repeated that lie so many times that you believe it, but are fooling no one.

I disagree with her, if that quote is correct. Europe must curb its right wing extremists. Her statement is like saying we need to limit civil rights laws as not to inflame bigots.

There are some who hold to that position.

What they believe is that "civil rights laws" must be limited lest other people come to power who will limit them even more (i.e. so that the limitations will actually affect them).

Okay. Hillary suggest giving the European nationalists what they want in regard to immigration so they stop worrying about immigration. Kind of an "appeasement" mentality, eh?

How did that work out for Chamberlain?

If you had any actual knowledge of history, you wouldn't ask that question.

Much as it is nice to be humanitarian, western powers could have done a lot to stem the tide of refugees and migrants. They could have reduced the number of people leaving their countries, by engaging those places better and making a better effort to solve problems at home before it results in a flood of hungry mouths at their own door.

And yes it is true that immigration fuels the right wing. Right-wingers love to hate on 'the other' and a visible 'threat' from migrants makes a powerful media tool - something to rally around

But on both migration and any negative side effects I get the feeling Europe is scrambling to shut the gate after the horse has bolted.

I don't thin I've read a more false statement in a good long time. The debate is alive on the right, where it is dead on the left. The left has no room for free thinkers, none.

Now that's a really good example of the "MY SIDE is always right and virtuous and THEIR SIDE is always evil" mantra.

Europe must get a handle on immigration to combat a growing threat from rightwing populists, Hillary Clinton has said, calling on the continent’s leaders to send out a stronger signal showing they are “not going to be able to continue provide refuge and support”.

In an interview with the Guardian, the former Democratic presidential candidate praised the generosity shown by the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, but suggested immigration was inflaming voters and contributed to the election of Donald Trump and Britain’s vote to leave the EU.

“I think Europe needs to get a handle on migration because that is what lit the flame,” Clinton said, speaking as part of a series of interviews with senior centrist political figures about the rise of populists, particularly on the right, in Europe and the Americas.​

[...]

That is hilarious.
You must curb your immigration because it gives rise to those against immigration... and everything else they support.
Of course a leftist would come up with a valid reason from their ideological viewpoint to oppose immigration.

Seems like it just might be a reworked argument for her own beliefs and applied to the EU.

And, of course, it doesn't apply to US.

3. Had these guys there:

And...

No vacancies for Blacks

Or is a slave to SJW doctrine and is perfectly willing to ssstttrrreeetttccchhh the actual truth of things to the breaking point...eh?
Anyone can be shown to be a racist...even you with enough research and bending of facts.

As I said, every single human has racial biases.Even you...even the Dhali Lamma. (sp?)
But what he said about Charloettesville was certainly not a racial slur of any kind.
And you can reply and scream and howl all you like. That will not change the dry facts of his statement.

Have a nice weekend.

The US, Nato have had a strong hand in destroying Syria, so yes they have a responsibility for the refugees from Syria as they would not exist without actions by the US and Nato

I agree with the boldened. However, there's no logic to the forced migration flow of people; Germany was persuaded into taking in 1 million refugees, from Syria, Iraq & Africa, while they didn't have a hand in creating strife there. The push for mixing up the world's population appears to be global, with the UN leading the charge.

Hillary Clinton says whatever is politically expedient at the moment. Back in 2015 she wanted the USA to take in 6 and a half times more refugees than the Obama admin was admitting:

"I would like to see us move from what is a good start with 10,000 to 65,000 and begin immediately to put into place the mechanisms for vetting the people that we would take in."

"I want the United States to lead the world," and said the United Nations Secretary General should call for a meeting at the upcoming U.N. General Assembly meeting in which countries make specific commitments about to provide money and aid.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-u-s-should-take-65000-syrian-refugees/

Her plan would have seen the USA committing to numbers of refugees on par with some EU nations.

Back
Top Bottom