• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Clinton Email Scandal: about to get worse or more obscure?

Trump would be better? he's a nut.

I agree he's a bit loopy, so who knows... What I do know is Hillary has proven to be crooked, secretive and a liar while serving in public office, so I'll be damned if I want her to be our next president.

Even though I hate Trump, I hope he brings up some of the stuff that Bernie should've brought up about Hillary.

I'd absolutely love to watch him expose her.

I see now. America just doesn't want Hillary to be "exposed" and they're making Donald Trump do their dirty work. :eek:

Obama knows it will be significantly harder for a Democratic candidate to achieve victory outside the party. Jill Stein knows it will be significantly harder for a third party candidate to get anywhere near the required number of votes to win, however in recent history (correct me if I'm wrong), third party candidates have competed against the two well established parties we have in the election today. Taking both frontrunners out of the equation due to pending lawsuits would free up huge chunks of voters. Partisan affiliation is only relevant in primary season and the local dive bar.

If Clinton was removed from the election and the democratic party could not put forward a new candidate for whatever reason, there would be:

a) outrage from the dem elites about how this would be a farcical election season
b) a lot of democrat votes up for grabs. I can't see that many democrats deciding to move to Trump (?)
c) as a consequence of b, a lot of new independent candidates. Bernie Sanders again? Bloomberg? Who knows.

Would be absolutely crazy. As a political junkie, gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

If Clinton was removed from the election and the democratic party could not put forward a new candidate for whatever reason, there would be:

a) outrage from the dem elites about how this would be a farcical election season
b) a lot of democrat votes up for grabs. I can't see that many democrats deciding to move to Trump (?)
c) as a consequence of b, a lot of new independent candidates. Bernie Sanders again? Bloomberg? Who knows.

Would be absolutely crazy. As a political junkie, gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Bloomberg withdrew from the race for nomination. If Bernie is not nominated, he still has the most support from eligible voters.

I don't see NY even voting for Bloomberg. He'd probably get some boroughs, but upstate and Brooklyn would vote Bernie.

No problem! :) I think it's funny because it's true. Those who say Hillary will sure-fire beat Trump are the same ones who said he will never be the Republican nominee. So far, everyone who has underestimated him has been proven dead wrong. The odds are not in their favor.

Cool! You owe me some Fresca November 10th!

He may be a nut, but I still think He is better than hillary. Only because I feel Trump would not do some of the trade deals Clinton would. I feel Clinton would hurt skilled trade Labour with her deals.

Republican's aren't usually known for their pro-union policies..in fact, they've been trying to destroy unions in both the government and public sector for years now. So what makes you think Trump is pro-union more than Democrats or Hillary?

Bloomberg withdrew from the race for nomination. If Bernie is not nominated, he still has the most support from eligible voters.

I don't see NY even voting for Bloomberg. He'd probably get some boroughs, but upstate and Brooklyn would vote Bernie.

But could he not re-enter as an independent? Bernie might get a lot of NYC but I can see a lot of party elites as more willing to throw in behind him than Bernie.

All of this is just speculation, of course.

I don't think Trump is more pro union. I think he is more for keeping jobs in the US.

Hillary is all for unions and the propping up of poor workers on the backs of the better ones. She has a history of supporting trade deals that although marketed as being good for Labour in reality hurts labours ability to compete. I believe no matter what she says on the campaign trail she will support TPP based on her past actions.

Don't get me wrong this is a choice between stubbing a toe or jamming a finger. It will suck no matter what.

No problem! :) I think it's funny because it's true. Those who say Hillary will sure-fire beat Trump are the same ones who said he will never be the Republican nominee. So far, everyone who has underestimated him has been proven dead wrong. The odds are not in their favor.

There are no promises. There is no way back, once you've bet.

No one is safe.

I don't think Trump is more pro union. I think he is more for keeping jobs in the US.

Hillary is all for unions and the propping up of poor workers on the backs of the better ones. She has a history of supporting trade deals that although marketed as being good for Labour in reality hurts labours ability to compete. I believe no matter what she says on the campaign trail she will support TPP based on her past actions.

Don't get me wrong this is a choice between stubbing a toe or jamming a finger. It will suck no matter what.

That's a legitimate concern, alright. Although, propping up unions and supporting TPP seems rather contradictory if the later doesn't support union labor.

I haven't really examined their campaign websites yet...but...

Here's Hillary on trade and manufacturing....

Level the global playing field for American workers and manufacturers by aggressively combating trade violations. Establish and empower a new chief trade prosecutor reporting directly to the president, triple the number of trade enforcement officers, stand up to Chinese abuses, and crack down on currency manipulation that hurts American workers.
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/manufacturing/
Hillary Clinton: Agenda for jobs and even trade - Editorial - Ohio

And here's Trump...

Reclaim millions of American jobs and reviving American manufacturing by putting an end to China’s illegal export subsidies and lax labor and environmental standards. No more sweatshops or pollution havens stealing jobs from American workers.
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/us-china-trade-reform

They seem similar in some respects. But I think Trump is still too vague and unrealistic on what he thinks he can accomplish....whereas Clinton seems more knowledgeable and leaning more left...thanks to Bernie. I fully expect him to hold her feet to the fire on the issue at the convention to get his support....and mine.

Last edited:
The Clinton email scandal has been relegated to the dustbin of history by the Orlando scandal. Most americans are not sophisticated enough to contemplate more than one issue, one crisis at a time.

Back
Top Bottom