• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Clinton: "Creating a Religious Civil War for Israel's Benefit May be a Good Thing"

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
While Secretary of State, Clinton sent this email to State Dept Director of Policy Planning, Jake Sullivan.

To: Jake Sullivan
Date: 2012-07-23 11:53

In private conversations senior Israeli Intelligence and Military commaders state to their European associates that they have long viewed the regime of Syrian President Bashar al Assad, while hostile, as a known quantity and a buffer between Israel and the more militant Muslim countries, a situation that is threatened by the growing successs of the rebel forces of the Free Syria Army (FSA).

This source is convinced that these Israeli leaders are now drawing up contingency plans to deal with a regional structure where the new revolutionary regimes that take over the various countries will be controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood and possibly more
problematic groups such as al Qa'ida, which doesn't bode well for the Israelis.

Dmu7b3WX0AIAxWc

One particular source states that the British and French Intelligence services believe that their Israeli counterparts are convinced that there is a positive side to the civil war in Syria; if the Assad regime topples, Iran would lose its only ally in the Middle East and would be isolated. At the same time, the fall of the House of Assad could well ignite a sectarian war between the Shiites and the majority Sunnis of the region drawing in
Iran, which, in the view of Israeli commaders would not be a bad thing for Israel and its Western allies. In the
opinion of this individual, such a scenario would distract and might obstruct Iran from its nuclear activities for a
good deal of time. In addition, certain senior Israeli intelligence analysts believe that this turn of events may
even prove to be a factor in the eventual fall of the current government of Iran."

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/12172#efmBbqBf9

Funnel arms to the FSA openly, and ISIS under the table- have them remove Assad from power- usher in a sectarian civil war between Sunni and Shi'a Muslims- watch Iran crumble as a result- sit back and laugh. This was the strategy of Israel, the B.O. administration, and Hillary Clinton.

There are half a million dead from the Syrian civil war. 25,000 children have been killed. 13 million have lost their homes. The Syrian Christian community, which is the oldest in the world and predates Western Christian communities, has been drastically reduced.

Assad is a worse option how?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/13/world/middleeast/syria-death-toll.html

Last edited:
Re: Hillary Clinton: "Creating a Religious Civil War for Israel's Benefit May be a Good Thing"

While Secretary of State, Clinton sent this email to State Dept Director of Policy Planning, Jake Sullivan.

Funnel arms to the FSA openly, and ISIS under the table- have them remove Assad from power- usher in a sectarian civil war between Sunni and Shi'a Muslims- watch Iran crumble as a result- sit back and laugh. This was the strategy of Israel, the B.O. administration, and Hillary Clinton.

There are half a million dead from the Syrian civil war. 25,000 children have been killed. 13 million have lost their homes. The Syrian Christian community, which is the oldest in the world and predates Western Christian communities, has been drastically reduced.

Red:
Assad is the key to Russia obtaining a physical presence in the Middle East and a Mediterranean military port. Russia is the only real impediment to Western primacy in the Middle East.

The reason to give a damn about Assad is his coziness with Putin/Russia, not Assad in his own right.

Re: Hillary Clinton: "Creating a Religious Civil War for Israel's Benefit May be a Good Thing"

It makes sense to me

Democrats don't really care when people suffer because of their actions. So long as it's them doing it at least.

I would've just scoffed at the idea of such when I was younger. But now that I've seen what the party really is about in the last five years. I'm pretty mad at myself that I didn't see any of this sooner.

What are we really upset about, that Hillary put this in an email or that it may be true?

The harsh truth is our foreign policy for the the greater Middle East has always been a hypocritical mess, but there is a plethora of truth to what happens when the ideologies of Shiites and Sunnis (or other splits on the same basic religion) decide they are ready to kill each other over their disagreements.

What so few want to talk about is the basic faith itself has a baked into the text mechanism for rule over people, and historically speaking it happens that this region produces time and time again a centralized power structure based on squashing any competition to that authority.

In more modern times Israel has always been a problem for Syria, and Syria has always been a problem for Israel.

The elephant in the room is Russia & Putin taking a role in helping al-Assad stay where he is, very much extending outward this long term multiple way civil war with no real end in sight. It is not terrible to mention that al-Assad falling would lead to a level of conflict within Syria that may grant at least some level of reprieve for Israel, but that is not very realistic now that Russia is determined to gain greater presence in the Middle East and the Mediterranean (meaning North Africa and watching the EU.)

Mentioning the government of Iran is also no surprise. This goes all the way back to the days of Carter and Reagan, looking at means for Iran to fall into other hands. Why the hell do you guys think we got in bed with Saddam years ago before calling him a bad guy? Why the hell do you guys think we got in bed with The Mujahideen when they were dealing with the Soviets? Why the hell do you guys think we have been in bed for decades with Saudi Arabia?

Our entire foreign policy over the past 5-6 decades (at least) for the Middle East has been based on what we might get out of the deal, and we have actively engaged in what it will take to overthrow whoever we are calling a bad guy today even if we once called them a good guy.

Hillary did not say much wrong, and in fact overthrowing Syria or Iran is not original thinking on her part. Reagan had thoughts about this, so did Bush 41 and his son Bush 43. Seeing Iran having to stand on their own is also not original thinking.

Causing instability resulting in loss of life has been our calling card for decades... you guys do realize that Trump is the 5th President in a row to drop bombs somewhere around Iraq. Let that sink in for a bit before getting all upset over a Hillary email.

It is almost bipartisan what we are willing to do to others in this region, then sit back and wonder why we produce generation after generation of extremists.

Red:
Assad is the key to Russia obtaining a physical presence in the Middle East and a Mediterranean military port. Russia is the only real impediment to Western primacy in the Middle East.

The reason to give a damn about Assad is his coziness with Putin/Russia, not Assad in his own right.

on your statement russia has had a military presence in syria and the middle east since 1971, what syria is is the us trying to wrestle that base from them then trying to make it sound like russia stole the area from them, when in reality russia has long had a base in syria and a presence there. The only thing changing is that their bases are growing, as of now russia has around 20k troops in syria as well as many ships aircraft tans etc, people are looking at this like an expansion though and not looking at it like russia moving troops to defend their interests which have been there for many decades.

on your statement russia has had a military presence in syria and the middle east since 1971, what syria is is the us trying to wrestle that base from them then trying to make it sound like russia stole the area from them, when in reality russia has long had a base in syria and a presence there. The only thing changing is that their bases are growing, as of now russia has around 20k troops in syria as well as many ships aircraft tans etc, people are looking at this like an expansion though and not looking at it like russia moving troops to defend their interests which have been there for many decades.
I think you've conflated Russia with the USSR. Russia had no such presence at any point in history after 1917. The conflation is, however, to a degree understandable insofar as today's Russia, under Putin, is essentially the USSR sans "buffer" countries and with economically oligarchical capitalism added. Thus, for the time being under Putin, Russia's political power structure and process more mirror monarchy (a la 18th or 19th century European so-called constitutional monarchies) having veneer of a republic in that, unlike the USSR, it alleges to popularly elect rather than appoint its "monarch" and "nobles."

Red:
Dear, God. That sounds like something a Russian state official would say....

Perhaps, as is your right, you cotton to the notion of authoritarian/totalitarian rule and/or the spread of state-sanctioned aspirational communism. The US and Western European democracies, however, don't. I don't either.

While, on a high level, those remarks are so as go mere military presences, they reflect an incomplete telling of the tale of Syrian, pre-Revolution Russian/USSR/post-"Wall" Russian and US/Western democracies' relations, as well as greater dynamic of Middle East "balance of power," something that at the most basic level is about establishing and maintaining the primacy for rule-of-law democracies. You will recall that, in a nutshell, the USSR commenced relations with Syria in the 1940s because Syria seemed, in contrast to the "balance of power" transitions occurring after WWII, to present an opportunity to establish a communist state in the Middle East, for it was at least tolerant of Stalinist Soviet notions and willing to the accept the USSR's succor. The US-Russia power struggle we today witness in Syria is but the post-Soviet phase of the US-led Western democracies' efforts to keep totalitarian/authoritarian states from siding with nations, most notably Russia, posing the only real threat to rule-of-law democratic hegemony.

Blue:
I wouldn't call it an expansion; however, I would call Russia's current presence and actions in Syria as more deeply entrenching itself there by siding with Assad so as to oust the vestigial rumblings for democracy, rumblings that augur to kick Putin/Russia out of Syria. From a militarily strategic standpoint, that would be horrible for Russia for it'd leave Russia with no Mediterranean military presence, other than its Mediterranean-adjacent base in Crimea.

ybrr7zhm

Red:

Well I'll give you credit here; at least you're not justifying the 500k body count based on some questionable chem attacks that the Western MSM pinned on Assad. That's the usual red herring proffered by those favoring regime change.

Russia wasn't as heavily involved in Syria back when the B.O. administration began arming rebel fighters in 2013. It was the USA's underhanded attempt at influencing the outcome of the Syrian Civil War that irked Putin.

Regardless of the struggle to dominate the region, how do you think most Americans would feel if they knew about the US' leadership put us in league with ISIS and al Qaeda? You're fine with us performing a supporting role for the perpetrators of 9/11, and the wanton killing of Christians, Muslim, gays, children? I'm not ready to join that cadre of evil people quite yet.

Democrats don't really care when people suffer because of their actions. So long as it's them doing it at least.

I would've just scoffed at the idea of such when I was younger. But now that I've seen what the party really is about in the last five years. I'm pretty mad at myself that I didn't see any of this sooner.

Even more deplorable to me, American evangelical Christians seem to disregard the suffering of their brothers and sisters in Christ from Syria. Most of the New Testament was written by a man who had a conversion to Christianity while traveling on the road to Damascus. Evangelicals' slavish loyalty to Israel apparently trumps everything and everyone else in the Mideast.

Well I'll give you credit here; at least you're not justifying the 500k body count based on some questionable chem attacks that the Western MSM pinned on Assad. That's the usual red herring proffered by those favoring regime change.

Russia wasn't as heavily involved in Syria back when the B.O. administration began arming rebel fighters in 2013. It was the USA's underhanded attempt at influencing the outcome of the Syrian Civil War that irked Putin.

Regardless of the struggle to dominate the region, how do you think most Americans would feel if they knew about the US' leadership put us in league with ISIS and al Qaeda? You're fine with us performing a supporting role for the perpetrators of 9/11, and the wanton killing of Christians, Muslim, gays, children? I'm not ready to join that cadre of evil people quite yet.

You'll need to "tighten up" the case you're making for me to respond substantively to your comments. For now I'll say only that your summation of and tacit conclusions about the matter are drolly jejune, for while you have noted some singular factual elements in play, your remarks disregard context.
There is also the matter that some of your remarks do not comport with demonstrable history.

Red:
Well, duh! Russia's primary interest in Syria is its naval base on the Mediterranean, and secondarily that its alliance with Syria makes it a "player" in Middle East affairs. The "writing was on the wall" for their retention of both those things were Russia to have sat idly by and allowed the US-backed rebels, folks who had no taste for Russia and who were happy to see ISIS/Al Qaeda given the boot, to oust Assad. Simply, "bye bye" Assad harkens Russia's expulsion from Syria, thus further isolating Russia, or more to the US' concern, Putin, on the world stage.

What'd you think Russia was going to do? Let that happen?

I think you've conflated Russia with the USSR. Russia had no such presence at any point in history after 1917. The conflation is, however, to a degree understandable insofar as today's Russia, under Putin, is essentially the USSR sans "buffer" countries and with economically oligarchical capitalism added. Thus, for the time being under Putin, Russia's political power structure and process more mirror monarchy (a la 18th or 19th century European so-called constitutional monarchies) having veneer of a republic in that, unlike the USSR, it alleges to popularly elect rather than appoint its "monarch" and "nobles."

Red:

Perhaps, as is your right, you cotton to the notion of authoritarian/totalitarian rule and/or the spread of state-sanctioned aspirational communism. The US and Western European democracies, however, don't. I don't either.

While, on a high level, those remarks are so as go mere military presences, they reflect an incomplete telling of the tale of Syrian, pre-Revolution Russian/USSR/post-"Wall" Russian and US/Western democracies' relations, as well as greater dynamic of Middle East "balance of power," something that at the most basic level is about establishing and maintaining the primacy for rule-of-law democracies. You will recall that, in a nutshell, the USSR commenced relations with Syria in the 1940s because Syria seemed, in contrast to the "balance of power" transitions occurring after WWII, to present an opportunity to establish a communist state in the Middle East, for it was at least tolerant of Stalinist Soviet notions and willing to the accept the USSR's succor. The US-Russia power struggle we today witness in Syria is but the post-Soviet phase of the US-led Western democracies' efforts to keep totalitarian/authoritarian states from siding with nations, most notably Russia, posing the only real threat to rule-of-law democratic hegemony.

Blue:
I wouldn't call it an expansion; however, I would call Russia's current presence and actions in Syria as more deeply entrenching itself there by siding with Assad so as to oust the vestigial rumblings for democracy, rumblings that augur to kick Putin/Russia out of Syria. From a militarily strategic standpoint, that would be horrible for Russia for it'd leave Russia with no Mediterranean military presence, other than its Mediterranean-adjacent base in Crimea.

ybrr7zhm

The ussr was there in 1971 when father assad made an alliance with the ussr, russia retained that alliance, and that port which had never left. Hence they have been there since 1971, not something of them just showing up.

Russia was there with troops the whole time of the civil war as well, however russia was leasing the naval base and had no authority to intervene in the war unless assad gave them the green light, or tartus base was attacked, which would only limit them to response against the attack. Assad gave russia the green light to intervene and they did, russia was itching to protect their last foothold in the middle east since day one of the civil war, qas this country not only gave them a port in the mediterrainian but also gave them a intermediate country to handle middle east trade, allowing broader trade in that region even with us control in other nations.

Red:

Blue:

ybrr7zhm

The ussr was there in 1971 when father assad made an alliance with the ussr, russia retained that alliance, and that port which had never left. Hence they have been there since 1971, not something of them just showing up.

Russia was there with troops the whole time of the civil war as well, however russia was leasing the naval base and had no authority to intervene in the war unless assad gave them the green light, or tartus base was attacked, which would only limit them to response against the attack. Assad gave russia the green light to intervene and they did, russia was itching to protect their last foothold in the middle east since day one of the civil war, qas this country not only gave them a port in the mediterrainian but also gave them a intermediate country to handle middle east trade, allowing broader trade in that region even with us control in other nations.[
/QUOTE]

Repeating the same tale improves it not and reveals no added comprehension of contexts it lacked from the start.....

Even more deplorable to me, American evangelical Christians seem to disregard the suffering of their brothers and sisters in Christ from Syria. Most of the New Testament was written by a man who had a conversion to Christianity while traveling on the road to Damascus. Evangelicals' slavish loyalty to Israel apparently trumps everything and everyone else in the Mideast.

Citation please.

The ussr was there in 1971 when father assad made an alliance with the ussr

Father Assad? :lamo

Father Assad? :lamo

Bashar assad is the current ruler of syria, hafez assad his father was ruler from 1971 to 2000.

Sorry, I missed this initially. Citation for what?

:Even more deplorable to me, American evangelical Christians seem to disregard the suffering of their brothers and sisters in Christ from Syria.

:Evangelicals' slavish loyalty to Israel apparently trumps everything and everyone else in the Mideast.

:Even more deplorable to me, American evangelical Christians seem to disregard the suffering of their brothers and sisters in Christ from Syria.

Where's the outreach, in financial & supportive terms, to help Syrian Christians? Oh yeah, it doesn't exist. Instead, people like John Hagee shill for money from evangelicals, which he forwards to Israel. Israel doesn't even need this money. The Christians in Syria have lost their homes, lost family, lost everything.

:Evangelicals' slavish loyalty to Israel apparently trumps everything and everyone else in the Mideast.

I guess you're asking for citations for my opinions, which as you know, are very unpopular amongst the bulk of people who are status quo conformists on Israel. Just look at the reactions of pro Israel conservatives when I post about Americans being fired for supporting BDS, or the Israeli spy circles compiling dossiers on Americans- they ignore everything I've posted, and issue an NPC insult, which they've been conditioned to do whenever someone exposes yet another dirty secret of the Israeli influence in America.

Where's the outreach, in financial & supportive terms, to help Syrian Christians? Oh yeah, it doesn't exist. Instead, people like John Hagee shill for money from evangelicals, which he forwards to Israel. Israel doesn't even need this money. The Christians in Syria have lost their homes, lost family, lost everything.

I guess you're asking for citations for my opinions, which as you know, are very unpopular amongst the bulk of people who are status quo conformists on Israel. Just look at the reactions of pro Israel conservatives when I post about Americans being fired for supporting BDS, or the Israeli spy circles compiling dossiers on Americans- they ignore everything I've posted, and issue an NPC insult, which they've been conditioned to do whenever someone exposes yet another dirty secret of the Israeli influence in America.

1: Just because you don't see a TV evangelical (by the way, I highly doubt such people are actually Christian in most cases) talking about one thing. Does not mean that many others aren't trying to do something. You have two groups that I can think of off the top of my head.
-Christian Aid, which is primarily a more European group. With a small presence in the US, they still managed to collect for the people in Syria.
-World Vision, which is probably one of, if not the largest humanitarian, Christian group. Who routinely collect and send support for the people of Syria. Which it's been that way for a good while now, possibly over a decade.

I know it's your opinion. But I would like to see the information that helped to form such an opinion.
It's just that when you say something like that, it makes it look as though you aren't taking in all of the sheer insanity that has transpired between Israel and Palestine over the years. That would make some people so happy about say, the move of the capital about a year back.

The BDS as well, is it's own issue. Because the movement itself was not only controversial for many from the start. But now it's grown into something that just ceases to actually supply more reason to be careful. People getting fired, sure. That is one thing that I can understand, especially when their support for the moment can make them seem more fanatical, than as just a supporter.

On the issue of Israeli spy circles and secret influence America. I don't know how best to say this. But the last few times I've seen anything pointing towards that, it was from sources that would be more comparable with the likes of Alex Jones. But with less of the comedy and charisma.

I'm not going to say that nothing is going on. Because me even beginning to know that would be a stupid claim. But I just don't think it's at the levels that people try to allude to, when they make such statements.

Red:

Xelor:

So US/Western primacy in the Middle East is worth at least 500,000 Syrian deaths, over a million Iraqi deaths, tens of thousands of Afghan deaths, tens of thousands of Yemeni deaths and as yet an untolled number of Iranian deaths. If so then I say save lives in the long run by burning Washington DC and Moscow to the ground today (at least metaphorically).

Cheers.
Evilroddy channeling Guy Fawkes.

Back
Top Bottom