• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Clinton clinches Democratic presidential nomination

Amazing!!!!! Thew most damning part was how the camera was right on her face so you could see her eyes and tell that she realized what had happened and laughed about it. And then the camera kept rolling for minutes afterwards as other Dems gathered around and wiped their shoes on the fallen flag.

It is sad that some have to resort to stupid things like that video to attack someone they disagree with. There is more then enough legitimate reasons to hate both people running for president that there is no reason and this is just dumb.

That is laughable. The Civil Rights Act was opposed by Goldwater in 1964 and signed into law by LBJ. All the old Dixecrats that opposed civil rights are now either dead or Republicans.

Good point. And while the various Civil Rights acts were supported with votes from both parties giving them the majority to pass the bills, a bigger percentage of Dems voted for them while a smaller percentage of Republicans voted for them.

SCOTUS nominations is the only thing Trump has been specific on since declaring his candidacy. Not only has he promised to nominate very conservative justices, he has give actual examples.

Donald Trump unveils his potential Supreme Court nominees - CNNPolitics.com
True but like i said im skeptical. He would not be the first to lie nor the last. I look at his positions and for all his bombastic talk he is generally a moderate in todays political landscape. I have a hard time believing he will nominate any hardcore ideolouges

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

True but like i said im skeptical. He would not be the first to lie nor the last. I look at his positions and for all his bombastic talk he is generally a moderate in todays political landscape. I have a hard time believing he will nominate any hardcore ideolouges

Granted Trump is quite literally a pathological liar, but considering he has given specific examples of justices he would nominate and the right cares more about that than anything else, I would find it extremely hard to believe he could get out of it. Moreover, its safe to assume that if Trump were to win, the GOP would hold the Senate and the House. If that is the case, there is no way he could get anyone other than extreme right wing conservatives confirmed to SCOTUS.

Finally, Trump isn't a moderate. Trump is running as bigoted reactionary. His positions are all over the place, but when you nail him down on them (the few times that's possible) with a few exceptions he pretty much holds to the GOP party line.

Good point. And while the various Civil Rights acts were supported with votes from both parties giving them the majority to pass the bills, a bigger percentage of Dems voted for them while a smaller percentage of Republicans voted for them.

And the Republicans that did vote for them were liberal Republicans which don't even exist today. When you get down to it, liberals were for civil rights and conservatives were against them. There were some conservative Democrats back then and liberal Republicans. The parties have sorted themselves out ideologically since then. Frankly though, social conservatives have been on the wrong side of every civil and human rights issue in the last century. Whether it was the rights of women, minorities, or gays and lesbians, they have always been on the wrong side and thankfully the eventual losing side.

And the reality is that the Republicans we both talked about and the Democrats we both talked about are indeed int he past and positions on that issue have flipped with todays Democrats being the more progressive and liberal on the left while todays Republicans are more conservative on the right .
So why are you trying to persecute todays republicans for something they had nothing to do with? We are not our fathers we are who we are today. Your fight is in the past but your fighting like its here and now. Its as bad as the southerns who still think the south is going to rise again.

At what point do we put down our pitchforks and start talking to eachother instead of at each other. Your fighting our fathers fights or our grandfathers fight.

Catch up to the new Millennium fred Flintstone. The predjudices your fighting died with our ancestors. Fight the current ones

That is laughable. The Civil Rights Act was opposed by Goldwater in 1964 and signed into law by LBJ. All the old Dixecrats that opposed civil rights are now either dead or Republicans.
Goldwater disagreed with allowing the gov to tell private buisinesses how to conduct themselves. His argument had nothing to do with people being entitled to civil liberty in fact he argued that the freedom for a person in the private sector to associate with whom they wany is itself a civil liberty

Granted Trump is quite literally a pathological liar, but considering he has given specific examples of justices he would nominate and the right cares more about that than anything else, I would find it extremely hard to believe he could get out of it. Moreover, its safe to assume that if Trump were to win, the GOP would hold the Senate and the House. If that is the case, there is no way he could get anyone other than extreme right wing conservatives confirmed to SCOTUS.

Finally, Trump isn't a moderate. Trump is running as bigoted reactionary. His positions are all over the place, but when you nail him down on them (the few times that's possible) with a few exceptions he pretty much holds to the GOP party line.

Im not defending trump or either party for that matter. I think the lot of them suck balls.

Maybe this is corny but i put my faith in people like yourself and myself. They pit us against each kther and encourage us to hate each other because the one thing they dont want us to do is take the time to understand each other.

The politicans on both sides are using people for their own oersonal gain. Trump is no different either. He is a political animal no different than hilliary.

Im really at the point where i dont it much matters which of them gets elected. The result will be buisiness as usaul for us. The only thing it will determine is who gets more to line their pockets with, him or her.

Ive been around since carter and i dont think we have had a good potus un my lifetime.

And the Republicans that did vote for them were liberal Republicans which don't even exist today. When you get down to it, liberals were for civil rights and conservatives were against them. There were some conservative Democrats back then and liberal Republicans. The parties have sorted themselves out ideologically since then. Frankly though, social conservatives have been on the wrong side of every civil and human rights issue in the last century. Whether it was the rights of women, minorities, or gays and lesbians, they have always been on the wrong side and thankfully the eventual losing side.
Im a registered republican who is,
1. Athesist
2. Pro choice
3. Pro civil rights
4. Anti death penality
5. Agreed with obama on giving trials to detainees
6. Against the patriot act
7. Wants drugs legalized
8. Prostitution legalized

If im not a liberal republican, what am i?

Goldwater disagreed with allowing the gov to tell private buisinesses how to conduct themselves. His argument had nothing to do with people being entitled to civil liberty in fact he argued that the freedom for a person in the private sector to associate with whom they wany is itself a civil liberty

Right but the fact remains that the public accommodations clause was core to the civil rights act so rationalize it how you want, he was against the civil rights act.

Im a registered republican who is,
1. Athesist
2. Pro choice
3. Pro civil rights
4. Anti death penality
5. Agreed with obama on giving trials to detainees
6. Against the patriot act
7. Wants drugs legalized
8. Prostitution legalized

If im not a liberal republican, what am i?

You are are a liberal Republican that doesn't have any candidates in your party to vote for. For example if one was very socially and fiscally conservative, and anti-union, yet a registered Democrat, then what is the point?

Here in the KC area I vote for moderate Republicans in state and local elections probably more than I vote Democrat, but even the local moderate Republicans are not as liberal as you are.

So why are you trying to persecute todays republicans for something they had nothing to do with?

Prosecute?!?!?!? I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or what I said to give you that false impression.

Prosecute?!?!?!? I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or what I said to give you that false impression.
I said persecute not prosecute

One reason out of many why I have no respect for Clinton's supporters.

What does a Trump supporter know about respect?

Right but the fact remains that the public accommodations clause was core to the civil rights act so rationalize it how you want, he was against the civil rights act.

Actually, Goldwater's belief was not that civil rights should be denied, but that it should be up to the states to decide. Although I liked Goldwater in most things, this is one area which I strongly disagreed with him on. Goldwater pretty much wanted a system similar to the Articles of Confederation, and we all know how that worked out.

Back
Top Bottom