• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hillary Bounces Back: In First Post-DNC Survey, Clinton Regains Commanding Lead Over

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(DES MOINES) – Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton has opened a significant lead over Republican nominee Donald Trump, now leading him by 15 points, according to a new online nationwide survey conducted on Friday, July 29th by RABA Research, a bipartisan polling firm.

Among likely voters, Clinton garners 46% support to Trump’s 31%. Libertarian Gary Johnson now captures 7% of the vote, while Jill Stein sits at 2%.

A RABA Research poll conducted the day after the Republican convention showed a tighter race, with Clinton at 39% and Trump at 34%. Johnson was at 8% in that survey, while Stein found 3% support.
RABA Research – Fast. Fair. Accurate. Affordable.

The first of many. Trump will be clobbered.

Re: Hillary Bounces Back: In First Post-DNC Survey, Clinton Regains Commanding Lead O

Yea, fivethirtyeight doesn't rate this polling place very well. According to their polling system, they are about 3 points off each other. We will see though.

Re: Hillary Bounces Back: In First Post-DNC Survey, Clinton Regains Commanding Lead O

15 pts???

From guys I've never heard of?

I'd like to see more confirmation from other legit polls, firstly.

And convention bounces are often dead cats.
I have never heard of this pollster either. Real Clear Politics doesn't show a single double diget lead poll conducted in the last month

Remember though, candidates receive a poll bounce after their respective conventions.

After that most Americans will totally forget about the election until the beginning to mid-September. Then, the polls start counting.

Not sure polls will be that meaningful this time around. The reason I say this is the high negatives attached to both candidates. That could lead to record low turnout, with only the most fervent on either side bothering to vote. Not sure how anyone can figure out a likely voter in this one.

15 pts???

Yep...new poll team on the field...less than 6 months of existence.

RABA Research was founded in 2016 by a bipartisan group of political professionals who have worked for candidates, issues, organizations, and corporations across the globe.

They must be reliable. :roll:

Hillary Bounces Back: In First Post-DNC Survey, Clinton Regains Commanding Le...

Wait a couple weeks before celebrating or getting gloomy.

She is promising a large pay off of the lower classes, after all and most do not suspect the how negatively it will probably impact them after a few periods. What she is doing is equivalent to using up your capital for popcorn.

15 pts???

Clinton seems to have gotten a .4 bounce. So I guess you're right.

15 pts???

An online poll.

It's one poll. Means very very little. We need to wait for a trend before any conclusions. And even then nothing is over til it's over.

**** Trump 2016

15 pts??? From guys I've never heard of? I'd like to see more confirmation from other legit polls, firstly. And convention bounces are often dead cats.

Well to be fair the Trumpers were praising their convention bounce polls as if they were written in granite.

RABA is shiny new (2016) and a mix of Pub n Dem pollsters, it will be interesting to see how they compare to say Rassy or Gallup... :peace

They are new but Nate Silver says they did alright in previous polls.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/759399564386439172

clearly theyre not because they're an extreme outlier to the body of work that's been done in the last two weeks. they're result is not credible because it shows a ten point lead for a candidate that's behind in the majority conducted this week.

you might as well get your polling from this guy

07-minister.jpg

She is promising a large pay off of the lower classes, after all and most do not suspect the how negatively it will probably impact them after a few periods. What she is doing is equivalent to using up your capital for popcorn.

Trump is doing the same thing, claiming Hillary is for the elite and only Trump is fighting for the little guy... he is making all sorts of claims- from 'bringing jobs back' to building walls and forcing other countries to pay more to either do business with us or for us to stay in the defense pacts we have around the world- oh no negative impact in that... :roll:

How will more jobs and improved infrastructure have negative impacts? Her tax hikes are on top earners only and they can only help with income inequality.

Trump is doing the same thing, claiming Hillary is for the elite and only Trump is fighting for the little guy... he is making all sorts of claims- from 'bringing jobs back' to building walls and forcing other countries to pay more to either do business with us or for us to stay in the defense pacts we have around the world- oh no negative impact in that... :roll:

Apparently the "great America" that Trump speaks about was one that reneges on its obligations and trade deals. I don't believe a word of what he says and I suspect Pence would be running the country anyway. Trump made the same offer to Pence as he did Kasich I bet.

Not sure polls will be that meaningful this time around. The reason I say this is the high negatives attached to both candidates. That could lead to record low turnout, with only the most fervent on either side bothering to vote. Not sure how anyone can figure out a likely voter in this one.

Funny bu I see it as the opposite. There is so much disgust with Trump that record numbers will come out to be sure he fails.

Clinton seems to have gotten a .4 bounce. So I guess you're right.
She'll probably get a little more when the newer polls flutter in over the next week or so.

An online poll.
So what does this then say about our *online* debate forum? :2razz:

Apparently the "great America" that Trump speaks about was one that reneges on its obligations and trade deals. I don't believe a word of what he says and I suspect Pence would be running the country anyway. Trump made the same offer to Pence as he did Kasich I bet.

Unfortunately I don't think Trump's ego will allow 'The Donald' to be a sock or pitch man for others (Reagan's greatest training to be his version of President was being a pitch man for 21 team borax back in the 60's...)

The ideas will come from Trump- it will be up to Pence and others to try and make them work but i don't see Trump's ego or temper allowing much straying from the 'big idea'... :peace

So what does this then say about our *online* debate forum? :2razz:

Eyeroll.gif

Back
Top Bottom