• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Bombs in Pennsylvania With a Teeny Little Crowd of Under 200

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hillary and Kaine presentation tapes are being used by the National Sleep Clinic to help people with acute insomnia. From what I have read the tapes are effective as long as the listener isn't first overcome by uncontrollable vomiting. Face it, Hillary is uninspiring. Her bumper sticker campaign speech was a just above Palinesque. Most people do not trust Hillary and even more don't like her. Pennsylvania ain't stupid and they aren't big on being bored.

Hillary bombed in Pennsylvania today. She was with Tim Kaine and the two of them couldn’t draw 200 to their rally. How many of those in the crowd were her entourage, one must wonder.

Cop4yrCXYAAtuxj.jpg

Untitled-99-800x445.jpg

Hillary and Kaine presentation tapes are being used by the National Sleep Clinic to help people with acute insomnia. From what I have read the tapes are effective as long as the listener isn't first overcome by uncontrollable vomiting. Face it, Hillary is uninspiring. Her bumper sticker campaign speech was a just above Palinesque. Most people do not trust Hillary and even more don't like her. Pennsylvania ain't stupid and they aren't big on being bored.

[/FONT][/COLOR]View attachment 67205021

View attachment 67205022

Well that's to be expected. Hillary is about as inspiring and interesting as a piece of cardboard.

And it's not even NFL season.

Well that's to be expected. Hillary is about as inspiring and interesting as a piece of cardboard.

In her defense she's giving free speeches to the public. Of course you get what you pay for. I'm sure her $200,000 speeches were feckin awesome. Maybe she should consider giving one of her Goldman Sachs speeches. Those must have been outstanding.

[/FONT][/COLOR]View attachment 67205021

View attachment 67205022

And it's not even NFL season.

FRAUD ALERT!!!!

LOOK at the two images, people! The ceilings are different; the lights are different (one set's rectangular, the others are round); the chairs in one are black whereas the others are purple; the walls are different; the floor in the first seems to be concrete, whereas it seems to be tile in the second...

...but I'm not surprised - this is FAR from the first time that people have tried to use false or edited sets of images to discredit somebody they don't like.

FRAUD ALERT!!!!

LOOK at the two images, people! The ceilings are different; the lights are different (one set's rectangular, the others are round); the chairs in one are black whereas the others are purple; the walls are different; the floor in the first seems to be concrete, whereas it seems to be tile in the second...

...but I'm not surprised - this is FAR from the first time that people have tried to use false or edited sets of images to discredit somebody they don't like.

Did I miss where it said that both of these pictures were taken at the same event?

FRAUD ALERT!!!!

No fraud here. I copied the pictures from 2 separate articles about Hillibombing in Pennsylvania.

No fraud here. I copied the pictures from 2 separate articles about Hillibombing in Pennsylvania.

The second photo was taken from Prntly.com, a right-wing site that has such ground-breaking, earthshaking exclusives like "Did Clinton's Judge Release Hinckley to Kill Trump?".

Of course, the photo from THAT "Hillibombing", as you call it, doesn't even show Hillary at all. It's a picture of an auditorium with different chairs, different ceiling, different lights, and an apparently different floor than the other picture you posted.

Dude. You're caught. Period.

View attachment 67205021

Your top picture is from an event in Johnstown PA. It was in a factory, and not open to the general public, just the workers. I can't find where the bottom picture is from, and since you did not supply a source, it is hard to tell. Since the spin on your first image turned out to be completely wrong, I suspect the second is as well. Fact check, it saves embarrassment later.

Clinton, Kaine pledge help for businesses during Johnstown visit (WITH VIDEO) | News | tribdem.com

Your top picture is from an event in Johnstown PA. It was in a factory, and not open to the general public, just the workers. I can't find where the bottom picture is from, and since you did not supply a source, it is hard to tell. Since the spin on your first image turned out to be completely wrong, I suspect the second is as well. Fact check, it saves embarrassment later.

Clinton, Kaine pledge help for businesses during Johnstown visit (WITH VIDEO) | News | tribdem.com

Thank you for the effort (not being sarcastic).

Every time I see a thread like this, I am usually correct in my suspicion that it gets shredded in the first 10-20 comments by someone willing to check the original source against other sources. In addition to the facts that this rally was in a factory and open to only workers, I will add the following:

1. Johnstown, PA, has a total population of about 21,000 over about 9,000 households, 80% of which are of voting age. It's on the SW corner of what I'd call mid-PA, which I used to be driven through as a kid. Rolling forested hills, small largely industrial/residential areas.

2. Your link says this happened at Johnston Wire Technologies. Guess what:

"Johnstown Wire Technologies, Inc. (JWT), headquartered in Johnstown, PA, and originally a division of Bethlehem Steel Corp., has the broadest offerings of high-quality CHQ and electro-galvanized wire and rod in the industry. JWT Company focuses on market segments where metallurgical quality is a differentiating factor. The company operates from a single 638,000 square foot facility in Johnstown, PA and employs 250 people, of which 202 are represented by the USWA."

Company Profile | Johnstown Wire

So....out of 250 employees, "about 200 people, including many local influential Democrats." (Redress's source) show up? That undefined fraction of workers went to their place of work to hear a political seech and that's supposed to be bad for Clinton?

While this company only employed 250 people, PA has a tad shy of 13,000,000 residents.

We'll have to wait and see....

Last edited:

After creating a thread and OP about one single rally, which supposedly Hillary bombed at even though "under 200" of 250 employees showed up, one would tend to anticipate that any uncaptioned photographs following the subject were intended to be about it.

What does one call it when the OP instead follows the written statements about one rally with pictures from other unidentified rally(ies)? The most positive thing one could say about it is that it is negligent misdirection.

Sorry. I was being rushed out the door by me wife as I posted the OP. As most of you know I always provide sources. In fact I have long advocated for DP to make it a requirement to publish a direct link to all quotes from news sources.

Source 1

Source 2

Sorry. I was being rushed out the door by me wife as I posted the OP. As most of you know I always provide sources. In fact I have long advocated for DP to make it a requirement to publish a direct link to all quotes from news sources.

Source 1

Source 2

Well, if this is the rally at Temple, if the crowd was small, it wasn't for lack of enthusiasm:

From Philly News: (a non wingnut site, unlike the OP sources):

"Her supporters from around the region came early Friday to see her. A line stretched down North Broad Street and wrapped around Cecil B. Moore Avenue before the doors opened at 10 a.m."

Clinton, Kaine launch campaign's last 100 days from Temple University

There were apparently more people in Hillary's entourage and on the street protesting than there were inside at the Hillary "event". Were there larger venues available there locally? Why was the tiny gathering closed to the public?

For hours, on a rainy Saturday morning and afternoon, dozens of protesters stood on a sidewalk across the street from Johnstown Wire Technologies for the chance to heckle a bus carrying Hillary Clinton.

Source

There were apparently more people in Hillary's entourage and on the street protesting than there were inside at the Hillary "event". Were there larger venues available there locally? Why was the tiny gathering closed to the public?

]

So now you're upset that she didn't have a larger venue to handle the crowds that you said had no interest in hearing her talk?

I never saw a thread degenerate this quickly before.

So now you're upset that she didn't have a larger venue to handle the crowds that you said had no interest in hearing her talk?

I never saw a thread degenerate this quickly before.

Upset? Ah, no. She didn't need a larger venue. She needed a smaller one. Maybe you should count the empty chairs.

Untitled-99-800x445.jpg

Admittedly the venue seems larger than the high school gyms she is used to using. No matter, there is plenty of room.

Upset? Ah, no. She didn't need a larger venue. She needed a smaller one. Maybe you should count the empty chairs.

View attachment 67205028

Admittedly the venue seems larger than the high school gyms she is used to using. No matter, there is plenty of room.

Maybe you should read the posts above. It was a private event.

It is odd that there's that many empty chairs- you'd think for a private event, they would know exactly how big the crowd would be.

It's so odd, that the first thing *I* would think is that it was taken before the venue was full.

Of course, we have no idea what venue this is, and no idea what rally it was from (was it even a Clinton rally?) and it comes unsourced from an ad riddled, clearly crazy partisan site. But there definitely were empty seats at this mysterious hall that may or may not be a Clinton rally.

But I guess when you go from complaining no one wants to hear her because she's boring to questioning why she couldn't have gotten a bigger venue (?) to counting empty chairs in a photo from a wingnut website, there might not be a strong logical thought process happening surrounding the topic.

Last edited:

It is odd that there's that many empty chairs- you'd think for a private event, they would know exactly how big the crowd would be.

It's so odd, that the first thing *I* would think is that it was taken before the venue was full.

Of course, we have no idea what venue this is, and no idea what rally it was from (was it even a Clinton rally?) and it comes unsourced from an ad riddled, clearly crazy partisan site. But there definitely were empty seats at this mysterious hall that may or may not be a Clinton rally.

But I guess when you go from complaining no one wants to hear her because she's boring to questioning why she couldn't have gotten a bigger venue (?) to counting empty chairs in a photo from a wingnut website, there might not be a strong logical thought process happening surrounding the topic.

Your assumptions are based on the fact that Hillary is well known for packing massive public venues?

Your assumptions are based on the fact that Hillary is well known for packing massive public venues?

No, just for the simple, logical fact that getting people to show up for a rally for the next President of the US isn't that hard, especially with the advance staff she has.

So I guess you won't bother to investigate where that photo was from, huh?

No, just for the simple, logical fact that getting people to show up for a rally for the next President of the US isn't that hard, especially with the advance staff she has.

So I guess you won't bother to investigate where that photo was from, huh?

People have always shown up for Hillary rallies, just not very many in comparison to everyone else. I think Jim Webb probably had more people show up for his rallies. :2rofll: But yes, people have attended Hillary's speaking events. You are no doubt aware that the numbers have usually been piddling. Feel free to Google that if it is news to you. Hillary has a history of being scheduled into very small venues, avoiding the press when at all possible, and dodging public debates.

Did she use the "Pennsylvania" accent? I'll betcha that was it. Shoulda used the Pennsylvania accent, but used the Georgia accent instead.

Of course it was a private event. Those few people who did attend deserve as much personal attention as the people who attended other private events with Hillary. It's all about the equality that Hillary is committed to. There's no doubt that every single person there at private event in Pennsylvania received the same amount of personal face time as the people who attended $100,000 plus dinners at George Clooney's house or the $200,000 private events where Hillary spoke to small groups of Wall Street bankers. Yes, Hillary prefers small private events - without the press if at all possible.

FRAUD ALERT!!!!

I think it is a fraud.

There's absolutely no way there are 200 people in that first picture. 75-80, tops.

People have always shown up for Hillary rallies, just not very many in comparison to everyone else. I think Jim Webb probably had more people show up for his rallies. :2rofll: But yes, people have attended Hillary's speaking events. You are no doubt aware that the numbers have usually been piddling. Feel free to Google that if it is news to you. Hillary has a history of being scheduled into very small venues, avoiding the press when at all possible, and dodging public debates.

So now you move to ditching the points of your last four posts, and now saying she doesn't draw crowds in general.

Guess you're not gonna try to find the source of your picture.

Back
Top Bottom