• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hilary vs Huntsman 2016

Who would you vote for between Hillary and Huntsman in 2016?

• Total voters
Ew, thats a tough one. How about Hillary for president and Huntsman as VP?

*sigh*...

Huntsman has god-awful environmental ideas and wants to ban abortion. I just... can't.

I will say I regard him as one of the more reasonable conservatives in the current big-stage line-up, and I'm not a very big fan of Hilary, but... I can't. Those issues are just too big for me to ignore.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think either of them are going to do anything about the most serious issues in the country and government: jobs, infrastructure, government over-reach and war-mongering, etc. I don't have any hope for either of them doing jack about any of that.

So... yeah.

I honestly don't give a crap about 2016 at this point.

I'm not a US citizen, so I don't get to vote. But personally I wouldn't vote for either of them. Neither of them has the necessary credibility.

Who the hell is Huntsman?

This looks like a none of the above situation. I definitely wouldn't vote for that lying, cheating, worthless commie ****.

Ew, thats a tough one. How about Hillary for president and Huntsman as VP?

And this is why I said "neither".

I'm sure Z will be in here some time and provide the info on Huntsman. He's a big Huntsman fan.

Hillary.

Huntsman dances for the radical religious right no different than the rest, if not moreso. He advocates a total ban on abortion.

"But he talked about his pro-life record in a way that he hoped would endear him to social issues voters who may distrust the man who served as the ambassador to China in the Obama administration and who many voters see as too moderate to become the GOP nominee. Saying he “supported and signed every pro-life bill” he received, he talked about how he signed a trio of pro-life bills in February 2009 that the Utah legislature approved — including legislation to make second-trimester abortions illegal, a measure to allow women to know about the pain their unborn children will feel during an abortion, and a bill that would create a legal defense fund to pay for litigation related to lawsuit abortions advocates file against state legislation.

“As governor of Utah I signed every pro-life bill that came to my desk,” Hunstman told the crowd. “I signed the bill that made second-trimester abortions illegal, and increased the penalty for doing so. I signed the bill to allow women to know the pain an abortion causes an unborn child. I signed the bill requiring parental permission for abortion. I signed the bill that would trigger a ban on abortions in Utah if Roe v. Wade was overturned.”
Jon Huntsman: No Truce on Abortion, Touts Pro-Life Record | LifeNews.com

Who would you vote for?

I'm not American, but if I were... just skimmed Huntsman's Wikipedia entry, and have the impression he's not a hardliner, but a relatively moderate Republican. So I guess he probably deserves a closer look. But I guess the problem is the party in his back. McCain seemed interesting at first too, but then he moved to the right a lot during the campaign and nominated Palin, because he doesn't even need to bother running if he doesn't activate the right-wingers too. Probably that would/will happen to Huntsman too.

Hillary, on the other side, is certainly far from perfect, but at least we know what we'd get, right? She'd probably more or less continue Obama's foreign policy that's respectful of America's European allies. She's a tough leader and certainly very experienced. And she doesn't have a religious right and hawkish neocon wing in her back.

But then, I guess my first choice would be a viable third party candidate ...

I'm not American, but if I were... just skimmed Huntsman's Wikipedia entry, and have the impression he's not a hardliner, but a relatively moderate Republican. So I guess he probably deserves a closer look. But I guess the problem is the party in his back. McCain seemed interesting at first too, but then he moved to the right a lot during the campaign and nominated Palin, because he doesn't even need to bother running if he doesn't activate the right-wingers too. Probably that would/will happen to Huntsman too.

Hillary, on the other side, is certainly far from perfect, but at least we know what we'd get, right? She'd probably more or less continue Obama's foreign policy that's respectful of America's European allies. She's a tough leader and certainly very experienced. And she doesn't have a religious right and hawkish neocon wing in her back.

But then, I guess my first choice would be a viable third party candidate ...

While Hillary Clinton did better than I expected as a Senator, she clearly was a failure as Secretary of State (admittedly Obama never let her anywhere near anything important, but still). As for her continuing Obama's "respectful" policy towards the European allies? Obama has demonstrated time and again he considers the European allies as pretty worthless and not really worth his time.

Huntsman ran as far to the right as possible - like all the other Republicans. He is no different and it just a concocted myth that he is.

Huntsman ran as far to the right as possible - like all the other Republicans. He is no different and it just a concocted myth that he is.

That is nonsense. Huntsman quite clearly differentiated himself from his peers during the last election cycle. His stance on abortion may be similar, but that doesn't hold true for many other issues.

Beyond just being completely against a woman's ability to obtain an abortion, do you agree with his immigration policies?

"In June 2007, Huntsman joined other Western governors in urging the Senate to pass comprehensive immigration reform.[102] In 2005, Huntsman signed a bill giving undocumented migrants access to "driving-privilege cards", which allowed them to have driving privileges but unlike driver licenses, cannot be used for identification purposes.[103] As governor, Huntsman threatened to veto a measure repealing in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants."

1. People illegally in the United States should be given driver's license to insure they have full driving privileges.

2. That people illegally in the United States should be allowed in-state tuition, but my daughter in Florida would have to pay radically higher tuition - unless she denied she was an American citizen and instead claimed she was illegally here from another country.

Who would you vote for?

Doesn't matter, there's no way Huntsman is the GOP candidate. He has too much integrity to tell the TP what they want to hear.

Ok. I take it from other posts that he is the "religious" right, not the corporatist right.

Given that choice, I would certainly prefer him over the whore of Satan herself.

That almost bothered me. :lol:

Huntsman seems less destructive.

Beyond just being completely against a woman's ability to obtain an abortion, do you agree with his immigration policies?

"In June 2007, Huntsman joined other Western governors in urging the Senate to pass comprehensive immigration reform.[102] In 2005, Huntsman signed a bill giving undocumented migrants access to "driving-privilege cards", which allowed them to have driving privileges but unlike driver licenses, cannot be used for identification purposes.[103] As governor, Huntsman threatened to veto a measure repealing in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants."

1. People illegally in the United States should be given driver's license to insure they have full driving privileges.

2. That people illegally in the United States should be allowed in-state tuition, but my daughter in Florida would have to pay radically higher tuition - unless she denied she was an American citizen and instead claimed she was illegally here from another country.

1) Driver's licenses should be based on your ability to operate a motor vehicle.

2) Doesn't bother me if they reside in-state. Each state has the prerogative to do what they want in that regard.

Huntsman has no chance to be the Republican nominee. After getting nowhere in his run for President, he went all bitter announcing he was boycotting all Republican functions and promptly rushed to the aid of Obama and his staff on Benghazi and on "the Dream Act." In return he has unsuccessfully sought appointment via Harry Reid including wishing to be president of the World Bank. He appears to me the worst of typical politicians willing to shift his position and loyalties on anything to climb the personal success ladder anyway possible. When he fails, he becomes bitter, changes his loyalties and pursues another path to power and fame.

Huntsman dances for the radical religious right no different than the rest, if not moreso. He advocates a total ban on abortion.

While not the stance on the subject that I would take, I would still take that over unlimited abortions paid for by the public.

Huntsman has no chance to be the Republican nominee. After getting nowhere in his run for President, he went all bitter announcing he was boycotting all Republican functions and promptly rushed to the aid of Obama and his staff on Benghazi and on "the Dream Act." In return he has unsuccessfully sought appointment via Harry Reid including wishing to be president of the World Bank. He appears to me the worst of typical politicians willing to shift his position and loyalties on anything to climb the personal success ladder anyway possible. When he fails, he becomes bitter, changes his loyalties and pursues another path to power and fame.

So first you claim Huntsman "ran as far to the right as possible" but then whine about how he gave illegal immigrants drivers licenses? Those are mutually exclusive claims. Then you declare his support of the dream act to be a "shift of positions and loyalties", even though is entirely consistent with his earlier stance on immigration.

Your arguments are utterly irrational. You can't even avoid logically contradicting your own statements. It seems you have some personal hatred of Huntsman that causes you attack him regardless of what the issue actually is.

Back
Top Bottom