• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hilarious editorial: "White America has Lost its Mind"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"But the more you shook your head at it, the more it seemed to have taken root deep in the lizard part of the white nervous system. Obama is not an American. He says he's Christian, but he has a Muslim-sounding name. He's not black, he's not white. . . . Is . . . is he even human?"

White America Has Lost Its Mind - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Hilarious? It was consistently un-funny when it tried for humor, and the rest was just typical race-baiting crap I had hoped we, as a country, had started to get over.

I guess I knew this was going to happen as soon as a black guy got elected president, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. "A black president is unpopular? RACISM!!!1!"

Guess I shouldn't have expected any less from the Village Voice, though.

Yea not a particularly funny article and based on poll numbers where a minority of Americans and in many cases even a minority of Republicans hold kinda crazy positions. Buts its not like we haven't had Americans hold stupid ideas before. How many people called Bush a fascist? How many thought he caused 9/11? Minorities to be sure, but vocal ones.

Really I didn't see too much of value from the article. Clearly the idea that Obama is a Muslim or not a Christian is stupid, but that doesn't mean all the complaints about him are invalid or that most white Americans believe those things.

Hilarious? It was consistently un-funny when it tried for humor, and the rest was just typical race-baiting crap I had hoped we, as a country, had started to get over.

I doubt if it will have an effect on the election because race baiting Kooks are a small minority, and when the moment of truth comes, fence sitters will finally vote for party that best represents them.

ricksfolly

I think Barack Obama is irreligious and just enjoys hearing his preacher rant against whitey.

I guess I knew this was going to happen as soon as a black guy got elected president, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. "A black president is unpopular? RACISM!!!1!"

I couldn't have said it better myself, mostly because I wouldn't bother :)

I thought it was slightly funny. Slightly. But really 25% believing obama is a muslim?
Its not racism its really just ignorance.

*sigh* I find myself becoming so tired of the racism double-standard. Any source writing a similarly demeaning article about any other skin color would ignite the flames of racist ire and race cards would be thrown around in endless abundance...but because the article is about rich white people, it's all good.

Btw, it wasn't funny. :2razz:

Well when white people are subjugated to brown people for a few centuries, they can have their turn. :shrug:

Well when white people are subjugated to brown people for a few centuries, they can have their turn. :shrug:

:2bigcry: I have no sypmathy for those, who were never slaves, when they cry and try to blame me, who never owned a slave.

edit: So I guess the white jews can have a turn since their ancestors were subjugated by the brown egyptians for all those years???

Last edited:
:2bigcry: I have no sypmathy for those, who were never slaves, when they cry and try to blame me, who never owned a slave.

edit: So I guess the white jews can have a turn since their ancestors were subjugated by the brown egyptians for all those years???

Jews are completely having their turn. What are you on about? :p

Yeah, because that will promote equality...

my question is....for how many centuries are blacks going to be allowed to use slavery as an excuse for all their cultural problems?

As many centuries as they want. They're only hurting themselves. Occasionally with our complicity.

As many centuries as they want. They're only hurting themselves. Occasionally with our complicity.

If that were true, I wouldn't be complaining about it. because it wouldn't be any of my business.

How are they hurting you?

look at all the negative stats. blacks are over-represented in almost every catagory from crime to welfare. these problems increase the burden on the tax-payers. and yes...I realize that white people commit crime and are on welfare too. but not at the % that blacks are. blacks make up ~13% of the population but are responsible for ~ 40% of the crime and ~37% of the people on welfare. All of that disparity cannot be blamed on "racism"

look at all the negative stats. blacks are over-represented in almost every catagory from crime to welfare.

Yeah, but statistically speaking, you are safer now than you've ever been. Damn near all that crime is stupid War on Drugs nonsense that everyone else is committing but gets away with-- not because of racism, but because white people use drugs in the privacy of their own homes or offices. Almost all black violent crime is black-on-black and involves altercations between criminals. There is a simple solution to it, but the hypocrites in our government are paid by the alcohol and private prison industry lobbies to look the other way.

The amount of our tax money that goes to Welfare is a drop in the bucket compared to what we spend on entitlements like Social Security.

The lack of proper racial integration in this country is certainly a problem, and our government is doing some incredibly misguided things to try to fix it, but when you put it in perspective it's honestly just not hurting us that much. Certainly not hurting us as much as it's hurting them.

but when you put it in perspective it's honestly just not hurting us that much. Certainly not hurting us as much as it's hurting them.

when put in perspective...a splinter doesn't hurt that much either, doesn't stop me from wanting to remove it.

when put in perspective...a splinter doesn't hurt that much either, doesn't stop me from wanting to remove it.

Sure, but what are you going to do about it? The problem facing black Americans is primarily a moral crisis. You can remove some of the policies that are feeding into that problem, but nothing's really going to get better until they figure out for themselves that what they're doing isn't working.

Of course, the real solution is to breed it out until there's no more black Americans or white Americans. Heh. I'd be doing my part, but I live in Wyoming and I only know two black women.

Sure, but what are you going to do about it? The problem facing black Americans is primarily a moral crisis. You can remove some of the policies that are feeding into that problem, but nothing's really going to get better until they figure out for themselves that what they're doing isn't working.

Of course, the real solution is to breed it out until there's no more black Americans or white Americans. Heh. I'd be doing my part, but I live in Wyoming and I only know two black women.

I'm doing my part. Adopted two little black boys when they were 3 and am raising them to be productive members of society.

I'm doing my part. Adopted two little black boys when they were 3 and am raising them to be productive members of society.

Hell, that's the best thing any of us can do. :kitty:

Hell, that's the best thing any of us can do. :kitty:

read a novel many years ago, can't recall the name now. Piers Anthony was the author. not too distant future society had made it illegal for anyone to reproduce with someone of their same race. you could still marry whoever you wanted, but if you were both white, black, whatever, it was forbidden to have kids. goal was to end racism by making humanity all the same race. wasn't the main focus of the novel just background info. might not be such a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom