• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Highest-ranking officer charged in freddie gray case acquitted

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos
That's all they have the moment, will update when they get more.

Good for the officer, hope they fire that idiot AG that brought charges.

Highest-ranking officer charged in Freddie Gray case acquitted on all counts | Fox News

DEVELOPING: A judge in Baltimore Monday acquitted the highest-ranking officer charged in the death of Freddie Gray, marking the fourth trial that prosecutors failed to win.

Lt. Brian Rice faced charges of involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office.

Gray died a week after suffering a spinal injury in a police van last year, touching off protests and rioting.

Highest Ranking Officer Found Not Guilty Of All Charges In Gray Case « CBS Baltimore

“The judge decided that there was no proof of any of the charges yet again,” according to WJZ’s Mike Hellgren, who was inside the courtroom as Judge Williams read the verdict.

“He had the same reasoning in the prior cases. For involuntary manslaughter they would have had to prove that this was grossly negligent conduct. He said he thought the environment was tense out there and Lt. Rice made a judgment call that it was appropriate not to seatbelt him and that the new general order that mandates seatbelt use had not reached Lt. Rice. There was no proof presented that Lt. Rice had read that general order. He also said reckless endangerment failed as a matter of law, that because Lt. Rice did not drive the vehicle simply putting him inside without seatbelting was not reckless endangerment. And misconduct in office he felt that the state did not prove their burden that Lt. Rice was corrupt in his duties and failed in his duties. So the state had a significantly high burden of proof here, they failed on all counts yet again.”

I wonder if Mosby has called Mike Nifong yet to get some post-employment advice.

If she has a career after this at all it would be injustice.

She'll latch on to some Identity politics organization after she is fired.

So a mayor went out and destroyed the careers and wrecked the lives of several of her own police officers for crass political purposes?

Astonishment.

I know I'm surprised. It's like waking up and hearing the Cubs won the World Series.

So a mayor went out and destroyed the careers and wrecked the lives of several of her own police officers for crass political purposes?

Astonishment.

It's what demoRATS do best ! :roll:

Meanwhile, Baltimore is now Beirut because cops are steering clear of this area by and large.

It is about time that we wake up and smell the coffee.....our "justice" system is crap. You dont spend all this time and money on cases that you cant win in the courtroom, if you are found to do so then we know that you are not fit for the job.

She was not qualified for the position,, She had a definite agenda in doing what she did,, "Advancement" she saw "mayor" & maybe "Governor" in her future, She did not see legal advice from any good layers before she went to the Microphone. Being in a liberal city though,, she will always have a job.

djl

She was not qualified for the position,, She had a definite agenda in doing what she did,, "Advancement" she saw "mayor" & maybe "Governor" in her future, She did not see legal advice from any good layers before she went to the Microphone. Being in a liberal city though,, she will always have a job.

djl

As is so very often the case with modern prosecutors. Some say that it was always thus but I dont think it was, I think that for a long time at least there was more honor in the profession, more interest in the greater good and less in personal profit.

But regardless, though incompetence she sure screwed the pooch.

Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos
That's all they have the moment, will update when they get more.

Good for the officer, hope they fire that idiot AG that brought charges.

Highest-ranking officer charged in Freddie Gray case acquitted on all counts | Fox News
Was there anyone who thought the outcome would be different?
Oh wait a minute, I forgot where I was.

She'll latch on to some Identity politics organization after she is fired.
She was elected.
So who is going to fire her? The idiots who elected her in the first place?

If she has a career after this at all it would be injustice.
She will still have a job, she was elected to it.
The same idiots will just continue re-elect her.

Back
Top Bottom