• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High-tech carts will tell on Cleveland residents who don't recycle ... and they face

Re: High-tech carts will tell on Cleveland residents who don't recycle ... and they f

My food waste gets tossed in the woods. LOL

Re: High-tech carts will tell on Cleveland residents who don't recycle ... and they f

Where I am sure it gets recycled by nature...

That's the intention. To feed the groundhogs, deer, rabbits, etc.

If government wants compliance, they should make compliance as easy as is practical. I know my hometown in NH has weekly recyclable pickup

Yeah. In my area, the city doesn't pick up trash. It's one of several private companies that I pay $40/month to pick up my garbage. They do not pick up recyclables, though. I wish they did. If I want to recycle, I have to drive an hour away and take it there myself, check it all in, etc. Kind of a pain. I don't have the space in my place to keep recyclables separated and stacked up until I would go to the recycle place.

Maybe part of my problem is that while I currently live someplace that has garbage pickup, I still live in the sticks, and as such don't have to wrestle with whatever interesting problems or complications come with an overzealous city government.

Out here, if you don't pay for trash pickup, you can haul it yourself. You buy tickets for the landfill ahead of time, and when you show up they assess you for X-number of tickets depending on what you're hauling. Recycling gets dropped off at the same location, in a separate dumpster.

We compost what will compost, then we burn as much of what's left as is practical and safe, and the rest gets either recycled or dumped.

There should be no way the government at any scale should be allowed to do this. And how much f'n money are they spending for this? 2.5 million!!!!! Does this even make sense. Also, let's remember that I think thus far only aluminum makes sense to recycle since you'll save energy by recycling aluminum vs. making more. All other forms (or most other forms) are cheaper and better to just make new in terms of money and energy.

Back
Top Bottom