• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High school kids

School starts here on August 15. Where the hell did summer go!?

I'll have a junior and sophomore in high school this coming year, and I'm dreading how much it's going to cost in fees.

I've never had to do a payment plan before, but this may be the first year. On top of book/enrollment fees are lab fees, band fees, jrotc fees, and OTHER fees for other classes. My daughter is in sophomore honors English, and there's a damn $50.00 fee for that.

I think by the time I add it all up, it's gonna be close to $600.00...and that's figuring in what I KNOW about . Of course, that includes uniforms for four different jrotc uniform rentals, band uniform rentals, I have to buy shoes for band and jrotc... the list keeps growing. Not to mention just the crap supplies they need, clothes and all that.

I'm having a mini panic attack.

Enrollment fees are due next week. I don't remember school costing this much before. A friend of mine, his kids attend parochial school and he's not paying nearly this much.

Argh!!!!

I feel your pain. My Daughter just finished 6 years of Private school at $5,000 a year and is heading to College Aug 23. I am not going to complain too much because due to her grades she received scholarships that just about covered her entire tuition. We will be paying $5,000 a year for the next 4 years but she won't owe a dime when finished.

Ugh. My daughter is in JROTC: Color Guard, Drum and Bugle, Honor Guard and Special Teams. Son is Honor Guard, Armed Guard, Special Team (Raiders). Daughter in marching band, jazz and symphony performing band.

They charge fees for *everything*. Each year it gets worse, it seems.

Do your kids want to do DCI Drum & Bugle Corps? Now THAT will cost some money. The ex and I paid for my son's time with the Blue Knights last year. He skipped this year and is earning the money to pay for next year. Over $2000.00.

change your lean

in accordance with the topic of the thread:mrgreen:

left will save us girl

I don't need anyone to save me.

So, the left in your mind doesn't pay anything, is that what you're trying to say?

Get real, Medusa.

I don't need anyone to save me.

So, the left in your mind doesn't pay anything, is that what you're trying to say?

Get real, Medusa.

so why do you complain if the system is okay :confused:

Back
Top Bottom