• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High School Boy Wins All-State Honors In Girls Track And Field

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Teen Male Dominates Girls Track And Field | The Daily Caller

"Haines senior Nattaphon Wangyot advanced to the state finals in the 100-meter and 200-meter events. He won fifth place in the 100-meter dash and third place in the 200-meter. In both events, he competed against girls as young as ninth grade.

One of the girls Wangyot beat out for a slot at the state meet, Hutchison runner Emma Daniels, took issue with allowing a male athlete to compete in girls events.

“I’m glad that this person is comfortable with who they are and they’re able to be happy in who they are, but I don’t think it’s competitively completely 100-percent fair,” she told a local CBS station."

Thoughts?

The girls have a long way to catch up. She is Thai, according to her volleyball profile. :2razz:

What a disgrace. All of the competitors should have sat down and let the boy run by himself. All the adults that just stood around and watched this should be ashamed.

"Haines senior Nattaphon Wangyot advanced to the state finals in the 100-meter and 200-meter events. He won fifth place in the 100-meter dash and third place in the 200-meter. In both events, he competed against girls as young as ninth grade.

One of the girls Wangyot beat out for a slot at the state meet, Hutchison runner Emma Daniels, took issue with allowing a male athlete to compete in girls events.

“I’m glad that this person is comfortable with who they are and they’re able to be happy in who they are, but I don’t think it’s competitively completely 100-percent fair,” she told a local CBS station."

Thoughts?

Oh look! Another over the top, hyperbolic headline from one of the usual suspects.

Finishing FIFTH in one event and THIRD in another race really doesn't fit the definition of "dominates" very well.

Wrong in so many ways.

I am starting to believe the US has gone nuts.

If you're going to support the belief that someone actually is the gender they claim to be with no standards, how can you expect a different outcome than this?

Finishing FIFTH in one event and THIRD in another race really doesn't fit the definition of "dominates" very well.
Yeah, not exactly Fallon Fox.

Males are going to enter female events and take all the marbles, then the crying's going to really start. There will be a need to pass a law banning males from participating in female sporting events...lol

Males are going to enter female events and take all the marbles, then the crying's going to really start. There will be a need to pass a law banning males from participating in female sporting events...lol

The boy from my old HS just won the state tennis title. He will play D-1 Tennis next year and the boy who was RU as a freshman (he no longer goes to a normal HS since he is home tutored so can play on the international circuit) is even better and has already signed with Ohio States as a rising senior Yet neither of these two boys would make it even past the first qualifying round of a major men's pro tournament.

but why bother? the French open is paying the women the same as the men and both of these boys -one who already is serving at 135 MPH at 6-4, 180 pounds-and is world ranked in junior men-would go right through Serena Williams or Garbine Muguruzza who both will earn over 500K for being in the ladies final tomorrow. So this boy ought to claim he feels like a girl and enter the US Open women's event this fall and make over a million dollars. He's even more likely to crush any of the women on that hard court surface given his second serve is faster than 95% of the top women's first serves

Oh look! Another over the top, hyperbolic headline from one of the usual suspects.

so the girl that would have made it instead should just suck it up because a boy took her spot?
hmm why are you discriminating against women for?

Thoughts?

Well I know know enough about this specific story to give complete thoughts on this story. Seems theres conflicting details out there. SO Ill give my general opinion

in general boys and girls should compete separately in sports
thats being said I have ZERO issues with cross competing if the MEDICAL SCIENCE community supports it. If they say a male under hormone treatment loses his physical advantage then thats fine, if thats not the case then I wouldnt support it. Seems this type of thing should be regulated.

now again, i dont want things decided by my OPINION though it should be based on FACTS and the medical community.
my point is if mike tyson in his prime finally admits the truth and comes to term that he is transgender, that same day or week or month he doesnt get to magically switch to girls boxing. . . now after extensive therapy physical and mental if the medical community can determine his testosterone levels and muscle mass etc etc fits in the broad spectrum of a avg female athlete then Id have no issue.

Thats all this comes down too, medical science and facts.

None of these stories seem to indicate if the student is undergoing hormone treatment, and they mention that the rules in Alaska don't require that hormone treatment occur, simply that they identify. If she's had extensive hormone treatment, that's one thing not she hasn't, that's a whole other issue. I can understand why other competitors may be peeved however, especially since scholarship oppertunities could be on the line.

Obviously she should be allowed to compete. Basing this on the idea that men and women are 100% the same, there should be no reason that a male transitioning to a female shouldn't be able to compete with the gender they identify as. Its strange to me. The progressives seem to push the message that men and women are 100% the same, and that transgendered people should be accepted in society. Yet, this seems to be something they disagree with. Perhaps because it shows the outlandish belief that women are built biologically the same as men is completely false.

As a side note, this person should be embarassed at only finishing 5th.

None of these stories seem to indicate if the student is undergoing hormone treatment, and they mention that the rules in Alaska don't require that hormone treatment occur, simply that they identify. If she's had extensive hormone treatment, that's one thing not she hasn't, that's a whole other issue. I can understand why other competitors may be peeved however, especially since scholarship oppertunities could be on the line.

Why should they be upset? They obviously aren't training hard enough if they are losing to another female. There is absolutely no reason, giving the current policies in place, that someone should need to prove they are of a particular gender to play in sports. Whatever they want to believe that they are should be the only determinant. Unless you think women and men are different. Sounds pretty sexist to me.

Wrong in so many ways.

I am starting to believe the US has gone nuts.

Are you talking about the whole USA or just some of the people in it?

Fill us in with all of the details.

:lol:

I predict that a hundred years from now you'll look back on this and laugh.

Why do you play along with this idiocy by using the pronoun 'she'?

I think people can Identify as anything they wish. I don't think we should allow them to change society over the identification. Freedom is a good thing. Disruption is another.

I think people can Identify as anything they wish. I don't think we should allow them to change society over the identification. Freedom is a good thing. Disruption is another.

This is good in premise but "disruption" is subjective and "change society" is also totally subjective making the criteria severely flawed..who gets to determine your the criteria? I think you got it half right, freedom and RIGHTS should determine it.
For example not saying you agree or disagree with any of these examples but giving minorities and women equal rights could certainly be viewed as disruptive and changing society. Both were done based on freedom and rights and were the right moves.

If little Nattaphon still has bits and pieces, then competition should be against others with bits and pieces.

Thoughts?

Wow. Who could have seen this coming?

image.jpg

Wow. Who could have seen this coming?

View attachment 67202235
Yeah. Renee Richards. She was a symbol of equality until she, the transgendered rookie female tennis player, started to regularly defeat female professional tennis players. Then her cause wasn't so much a symbol of equality. Then she was forced to resign from the female tennis circuit.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

That is total BULL****. He has cheated the girls he competed against out of the recognition that they deserved.

It's cheating... plain and simple.

what a sham, of course he won, men ARE stronger than women, period.

This is good in premise but "disruption" is subjective and "change society" is also totally subjective making the criteria severely flawed..who gets to determine your the criteria? I think you got it half right, freedom and RIGHTS should determine it.
For example not saying you agree or disagree with any of these examples but giving minorities and women equal rights could certainly be viewed as disruptive and changing society. Both were done based on freedom and rights and were the right moves.

It is pretty simple. Rights are activities that don't cost others the ability to freely exercise their rights. Allowing boys to compete athletically against girls isn't a right. The reason is that it impedes the girls from freely competing in the athletics. I don't care if the boy wishes he were a girl. I do care that those adults who operate the competitions allow him to compete against girls because of his wishes. He has no right to that. That makes it disruptive.

Who decided that? The girls did. They were quoted saying so in the article. He has a right to wish he were anything. He does not have a right to invade the girls' competition. The coaches were dead wrong in allowing it. Allowing people to trample the rights of others is disruptive to society. It is common sense. Think it through.

Back
Top Bottom