• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High School Boy Wins All-State Honors In Girls Track And Field

Thoughts?

That is total BULL****. He has cheated the girls he competed against out of the recognition that they deserved.

It's cheating... plain and simple.
No no. She. Remember...she. As long as he says he is a girl...he has to be a girl.

This guy is a wolf, except for the cruel mistress genetics. But hey...as long as they really really really really really believe it...
cdn.lolwot.com_wp-content_uploads_2016_02_10-individuals-trapped-in-the-wrong-body-8.jpg

It is crazy. With very rare exceptions, sex can be determined objectively via genetics. It doesn't matter how the person feels about it, or with what group they identify, it's a fact that anyone can verify in a blind study. The question becomes socially whether we allow activities to be segregated based on this verifiable distinction, or whether it is solely at the discretion of the individual to determine the group they are in. And if one can declare it for a characterization as clear cut as sex, why not for more gray areas such as race?

Are you talking about the whole USA or just some of the people in it?

Fill us in with all of the details.

:lol:

I predict that a hundred years from now you'll look back on this and laugh.

I won't be around 100 years from now. :lol:

As far as the USA , it was a generic comment. It fits some of the people.

Won? She got 5th place and 3rd place in the two events she qualified for. Not exactly winning.

he took a spot from another female that should have gotten.
he is not a female no matter how much he wants to pretend to be.

he took a spot from another female that should have gotten.
he is not a female no matter how much he wants to pretend to be.

A spot that any girl could have gotten from her. Obviously she isn't dominating the sport and this was her last year. This is one of few issues where I have mixed feelings about this, but in this case, it is obvious that many of the athletes didn't actually care whether she was born male or female. Heck, in a much less bias article, some said they didn't even notice a transgender girl competed.

At Alaska state track meet, a transgender athlete makes her mark - Alaska Dispatch News

A spot that any girl could have gotten from her. Obviously she isn't dominating the sport and this was her last year. This is one of few issues where I have mixed feelings about this, but in this case, it is obvious that many of the athletes didn't actually care whether she was born male or female. Heck, in a much less bias article, some said they didn't even notice a transgender girl competed.

At Alaska state track meet, a transgender athlete makes her mark - Alaska Dispatch News

yet they didn't get it from him.
the girls that lost to him did care. the fact they didn't make the cut
because of him makes them care.

Won? She got 5th place and 3rd place in the two events she qualified for. Not exactly winning.

Regardless these issues will arise and schools will have to address them.

Regardless these issues will arise and schools will have to address them.

And they are addressing them in a hodgepodge way (about 30 states actually have laws allowing transgender students to compete as their identified gender). I was really just pointing out that some people didn't exactly read the article, since it says right there she didn't "win". Despite fears to the contrary, she didn't dominate the sport.

yet they didn't get it from him.
the girls that lost to him did care. the fact they didn't make the cut
because of him makes them care.

They would have cared too if it was a girl who beat them out. Like I said, there are some issues I see with this when it comes to fairness, but in this case, she simply beat some girls and lost to some other girls. No different than a girl who trained hard (have no idea how hard she trains but I doubt she gets to slack off during practices and she is barely noticed on the other two teams she was on).

Teen Male Dominates Girls Track And Field | The Daily Caller

"Haines senior Nattaphon Wangyot advanced to the state finals in the 100-meter and 200-meter events. He won fifth place in the 100-meter dash and third place in the 200-meter. In both events, he competed against girls as young as ninth grade.

One of the girls Wangyot beat out for a slot at the state meet, Hutchison runner Emma Daniels, took issue with allowing a male athlete to compete in girls events.

“I’m glad that this person is comfortable with who they are and they’re able to be happy in who they are, but I don’t think it’s competitively completely 100-percent fair,” she told a local CBS station."

Thoughts?

It would appear this fabricated issue is having it's typical unintended consequences play out.

Once women's sports have been decimated by self identified "fe"-males, this nonsense will self correct.

It would appear this fabricated issue is having it's typical unintended consequences play out.

Once women's sports have been decimated by self identified "fe"-males, this nonsense will self correct.

:lamo

Wishful thinking? You have no authority over another person's gender. Conservative attitudes don't change much, do they?

And they are addressing them in a hodgepodge way (about 30 states actually have laws allowing transgender students to compete as their identified gender). I was really just pointing out that some people didn't exactly read the article, since it says right there she didn't "win". Despite fears to the contrary, she didn't dominate the sport.

Morning. I was not criticizing your post. Just that these issues will arise now, and not only will schools need to adapt- have rules- guidelines and such.
As to the article some will use any lame issue to cause issues, when they are being addressed.
I have no doubt sports events will be in the news regarding Transgender, and some will go off their respective deep ends.

Morning. I was not criticizing your post. Just that these issues will arise now, and not only will schools need to adapt- have rules- guidelines and such.
As to the article some will use any lame issue to cause issues, when they are being addressed.
I have no doubt sports events will be in the news regarding Transgender, and some will go off their respective deep ends.

Its gonna be weird when high school womens wrestling division is just 5 dudes in a dress. Sounds like a comedy movie.

Its gonna be weird when high school womens wrestling division is just 5 dudes in a dress. Sounds like a comedy movie.

So you think you can find 5 teenage boys to pretend to be girls every day at school and practice and meets for even an entire school year let alone 3-4 just to wrestle the girls?

:lamo

Wishful thinking? You have no authority over another person's gender. Conservative attitudes don't change much, do they?

Of course I don't have authority. I haven't suggested I did. You have a real challenge with your imagination ruling your thoughts.

What will be interesting is watching something like girls HS soccer games where the entire team is comprised of males who identify as females. I imagine the all (fe)male swim team will be interesting to watch. After all, how could a school possibly stop a transgender male from joining the team, now that the President is forcing schools to comply to his commands?

The laws of unintended consequences is always exposed as a mystery to those ruled by emotion, rather than logic.

“I’m glad that this person is comfortable with who they are and they’re able to be happy in who they are, but I don’t think it’s competitively completely 100-percent fair,” she told a local CBS station."[/B]

Thoughts?

Yeah, this generally where I feel like you have to draw that line. I'm fine with people living the lives they want so long as they are not hurting others, but there is really no question that this kind of thing is unfair, and unnecessary.

Teen Male Dominates Girls Track And Field | The Daily Caller

"Haines senior Nattaphon Wangyot advanced to the state finals in the 100-meter and 200-meter events. He won fifth place in the 100-meter dash and third place in the 200-meter. In both events, he competed against girls as young as ninth grade.

One of the girls Wangyot beat out for a slot at the state meet, Hutchison runner Emma Daniels, took issue with allowing a male athlete to compete in girls events.

“I’m glad that this person is comfortable with who they are and they’re able to be happy in who they are, but I don’t think it’s competitively completely 100-percent fair,” she told a local CBS station."

Thoughts?
This is how Title 9 dies: through brutal irony.

Of course I don't have authority. I haven't suggested I did. You have a real challenge with your imagination ruling your thoughts.

What will be interesting is watching something like girls HS soccer games where the entire team is comprised of males who identify as females. I imagine the all (fe)male swim team will be interesting to watch. After all, how could a school possibly stop a transgender male from joining the team, now that the President is forcing schools to comply to his commands?

The laws of unintended consequences is always exposed as a mystery to those ruled by emotion, rather than logic.

This is not so much about men suddenly switching their gender as it is about children who grow to become gendered. While it is true, that young men are not sexless after puberty, I find it hard to believe that you could show a logical argument to support your claim that an entire team would likely be transgender. This team would only be a representative sample of a population with 100% female and/or transgender. I just don't see it happening. It's statistically improbable that such a team could exist, in a school where transgender issues are concerned. Why should a school be motivated to recruit only transgender students to their team? That is clearly discrimination, which is against school policy.

Yeah, this generally where I feel like you have to draw that line. I'm fine with people living the lives they want so long as they are not hurting others, but there is really no question that this kind of thing is unfair, and unnecessary.

How is this any more unfair than recruiting top athletes to a competitive team?

This is not so much about men suddenly switching their gender as it is about children who grow to become gendered. While it is true, that young men are not sexless after puberty, I find it hard to believe that you could show a logical argument to support your claim that an entire team would likely be transgender. This team would only be a representative sample of a population with 100% female and/or transgender. I just don't see it happening. It's statistically improbable that such a team could exist, in a school where transgender issues are concerned. Why should a school be motivated to recruit only transgender students to their team? That is clearly discrimination, which is against school policy.

The how is quite simple. All that is required under the new "rules" is a claim by the student. If five guys claim they are girls and want to join the girls water polo team, how could they be stopped?

How could a male who suddenly self identifies as a female be stopped from joining a female sports team? Exactly what standards must the male meet in order to join the team? Must they dress and act like a female for a prescribed period of time? Would dress be a requirement?

Wake up, statistics have nothing to do with it.

The how is quite simple. All that is required under the new "rules" is a claim by the student. If five guys claim they are girls and want to join the girls water polo team, how could they be stopped?

How could a male who suddenly self identifies as a female be stopped from joining a female sports team? Exactly what standards must the male meet in order to join the team? Must they dress and act like a female for a prescribed period of time? Would dress be a requirement?

Wake up, statistics have nothing to do with it.

Statistics do have to do with it. If this type of behavior occurs, it would be a matter of gender identity, and it is not likely that five guys both will suddenly claim to be girls and bar other girls from joining the team in the manner you describe. Although possible, it is statistically improbable to find transgender this frequently on a single water polo team. Unless you can show that water polo players are more likely to be transgender, anti discrimination clauses could likely prevent the team from consisting of either only girls who were physically born female, or only transgender individuals who have integrated within a school setting.

Oh look! Another over the top, hyperbolic headline from one of the usual suspects.

Finishing FIFTH in one event and THIRD in another race really doesn't fit the definition of "dominates" very well.

Is that really the point?

How is this any more unfair than recruiting top athletes to a competitive team?

Because you at least have to choose from a pool of athletes that were born with similar genetic abilities and weaknesses. You can't really change someone's bone structure. A man's will always be stronger and more dense making it easier to pack muscle onto it.

Most babies are born similar, and remain so until at least age five. Don't you agree?

Back
Top Bottom