• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High Heels Trip Up Colo. Candidate

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Excerpted from “High Heels Trip Up Colo. Candidate” By Stephanie Simon. “Washington Wire: Political Insight and Analysis From The Wall Street Journal's Capital Bureau,” The Wall Street Journal, JULY 22, 2010, 2:24 PM ET
[SIZE="+2"]I[/SIZE]t’s long been a truism of politics out West that candidates have to look good in cowboy boots to be credible. But when GOP Senate candidate Ken Buck tried to push that maxim a bit farther at a recent rally, he tripped up.

Asked why voters should back him over former Lt. Gov. Jane Norton, his rival for the Republican nomination, Buck offered this gem: “Why should you vote for me? Because I do not wear high heels.” He then pointed to his cowboy boots and boasted that they were the real deal, dusted in genuine steer excrement – not “Washington, D.C. bulls—.” …

Well, Buck can kiss off the high heels wearing, non-BS vote!

Me, personally, I can't get pass the movie quote, “My name is Buck, and I'm here to ****, ha-ha-ha... .”

Me, personally, I can't get pass the movie quote, “My name is Buck, and I'm here to ****, ha-ha-ha... .”

Not to mention that he can kiss the dream of being a senator good-bye. Once again the tea party is going to help the Repubs snatch defeat from the jaws of victory: the gang that can't shoot straight.

Not to mention that he can kiss the dream of being a senator good-bye. Once again the tea party is going to help the Repubs snatch defeat from the jaws of victory: the gang that can't shoot straight.

Liberals never do get Conservatives, and reading the... pronaouncements such as these amuse me to say the least. You are gonna have one really rough first Wednesday in Nov.

Liberals never do get Conservatives, and reading the... pronaouncements such as these amuse me to say the least. You are gonna have one really rough first Wednesday in Nov.

You are correct.... it seems foolish to take the bird in the hand (a Norton candidacy was a likely winnner) and go for two in the bush (Buck is an extreme and will turn off the middle of the road voter). Buck wins only if the fervor of the far right far offsets the rational middle of the road voters that likely will not go that far right. Norton would win; Buck is a bigger question mark.

Heres another Jon Stewart AH SNAP momewnt...boy...that just SUNK him...get a rope!!! :lamo

OK...now maybe 'the rest of the story...

"Perhaps not surprisingly, the audience roared appreciatively when Buck began talking footwear.

For his part, Buck tried to explain the high-heels bit immediately after he’d said it, noting that Norton recently began airing a TV ad accusing him of hiding behind wealthy, out-of-state groups who are funding attacks on her. In the ad, she tells him to be “man enough” to do his own dirty work.

Given this attack on “my manhood,” Buck told the crowd, he felt it high time to respond in kind.
One last note: Norton herself has not been above a little stiletto imagery in the past. Her campaign manager was quoted vowing that she’d kick Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) in the shins with her high heels as soon as she got to D.C.

And during a radio interview last week, when asked what sets her apart from Buck, Norton responded: “Well, I am a girl.” Pressed on whether gender really matters, she said quickly: “I was trying to be funny.”

Well...I guess when instead of reducing the debt you have added 4 trillion to it, and instead of bringing down unemployment you have raised it, and failing miserable on the gulf coast, and carrying on those very popular Bush anti-terrorism policies...

when you have nothing else you make a big deal out of silly bull**** like this...:doh

… when you have nothing else you make a big deal out of silly bull**** like this...:doh

Or … when you see really silly bull**** you make a point of taking note of it.

Or … when you see really silly bull**** you make a point of taking note of it.

Why do you think I responded to your inane thread??? :doh

Back
Top Bottom