• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

High crimes and misdemeanors

Does calling for peaceful protest & claiming election fraud constitute high crimes and misdemeanors?

• Total voters
Does calling for a "peaceful protest" and claiming the election was stolen constitute "high crimes and misdemeanors?" That is the accusation against President Trump.
You're gonna need a source for that fat one.

You're gonna need a source for that fat one.

Try reading some time. The link to the actual text of the impeachment article has been put on the forum many times. However, I am aware you have been ordered by the old pure white racial segregationist Biden to never accept facts so I understand you are ordered not to read it.

Um, no. sorry. No cigar.
For a conviction to happen, there has to be clear convincing evidence that Trump did not want the mob to march up to the capitol and remain peaceful. The proof is in his words... He called for peaceful protest.

Oh its pretty clear what Trump wanted the mob to do and while I agree that morons like Cruz and Hawley will likely never vote to convict, there might be 16 Senators who give a shit about our nation and want Trump to be purged from the political scene once and for all. He deserves nothing short of exile.

How? Quote him calling for an "insurrection."

i'm not going to participate in whatever alt reality narrative you're telling yourself. i live in the real one.

Oh its pretty clear what Trump wanted the mob to do and while I agree that morons like Cruz and Hawley will likely never vote to convict, there might be 16 Senators who give a shit about our nation and want Trump to be purged from the political scene once and for all. He deserves nothing short of exile.
Do enough care enough to end their political careers? I doubt it. Trump supporters, even without Trump in office, will make or break GOP candidates.

Does calling for a "peaceful protest" and claiming the election was stolen constitute "high crimes and misdemeanors?" That is the accusation against President Trump.

A "wild" peaceful protest?

So just pretend he's being impeached for threatening a secretary of state to overturn an election.

Or is he not responsible for that either.

Republican and Democratic senators would all be wise to convict this man to be rid of him. He's proven over and over again that he is cancer on our basic principles.

Context is key. That Stop the Steal speech was not given in a vacuum. You won't learn anything or change anyone's mind by pretending that it was.

Trump said what he said.....I listened to the whole thing start to finish and what he said does not add up to incitement....quite the opposite.
As far as learning something....I know all I need to know about this...that the left is full of shit! ..............As usual

i'm not going to participate in whatever alt reality narrative you're telling yourself. i live in the real one.
Asking for proof or even stating the claim with any specifics is "alt reality" to you?

Do enough care enough to end their political careers? I doubt it. Trump supporters, even without Trump in office, will make or break GOP candidates.

I agree which is why we, meaning the normal rational patriotic folks who are not brainwashed idiots, must not relent and must put this to bed once and for all or this cancer will grow until it overcomes us. This is how nations are destroyed, this is not hyperbole. Trump and all he stands for must be purged.

If you’re referring to a deterrenting effect you have way more faith in the system than I. Impeachment is a political game. Right now the Dems are cracking the whip, but for how long.

If impeachment is a political game, then the American political system has degenerated much further than most people want to believe.

NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll. Jan. 11-13, 2021. N=1,173 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.5.

"How much do you think President Trump is to blame for what happened at the U.S. Capitol: a great deal, a good amount, not very much, or not at all?"

45% (a great deal),
13% (a good amount),
16% (not very much),
24% (not at all),
2% unsure.
[SOURCE]​

The majority of the American people believe that Mr. Trump has (at least) SOME responsibility for the "Wacko Insurrection". He should be given the opportunity to clear his name. Unless he clears his name, then there will always "be an asterisk" next to his listing as President.

Of course, giving him an opportunity to "make full answer and defence" also means that there is the possibility that he will NOT clear his name and that he will escape conviction by the biggest margin (when he gets 34 more votes for acquittal than Obama got) of any American President.

If impeachment is a political game, then the American political system has degenerated much further than most people want to believe.

NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll. Jan. 11-13, 2021. N=1,173 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.5.​
"How much do you think President Trump is to blame for what happened at the U.S. Capitol: a great deal, a good amount, not very much, or not at all?"​
45% (a great deal),​
13% (a good amount),​
16% (not very much),​
24% (not at all),​
2% unsure.​
[SOURCE]​

The majority of the American people believe that Mr. Trump has (at least) SOME responsibility for the "Wacko Insurrection". He should be given the opportunity to clear his name. Unless he clears his name, then there will always "be an asterisk" next to his listing as President.

Of course, giving him an opportunity to "make full answer and defence" also means that there is the possibility that he will NOT clear his name and that he will escape conviction by the biggest margin (when he gets 34 more votes for acquittal than Obama got) of any American President.
A kangaroo court which lacks due process is just that - a kangaroo court. Has the House followed impeachment procedures?

Try reading some time. The link to the actual text of the impeachment article has been put on the forum many times. However, I am aware you have been ordered by the old pure white racial segregationist Biden to never accept facts so I understand you are ordered not to read it.
So, your quote is not factual? I'm shocked.

So, your quote is not factual? I'm shocked.

No. That you have been ordered to never accept facts doesn't make anything not factual. You can't read facts. Nothing I can do about it.

No. That you have been ordered to never accept facts doesn't make anything not factual. You can't read facts. Nothing I can do about it.
Quote where the impeachment article is for "peaceful protest". You can't.

Can anyone translate this for me? I'm sure there's something worthwhile in here, I just don't speak rabid-tin-foil-hat-wearing-Trumpist-ese.

When in doubt about the meaning of any of "JOKO"s posts, simply substitute

🇺🇸M🇺🇸y🇺🇸 🇺🇸G🇺🇸u🇺🇸y🇺🇸 🇺🇸G🇺🇸O🇺🇸O🇺🇸D🇺🇸!🇺🇸

Their guy BAD!

Don' need no facts, cuz' it justiz.
and carry on.

Trump incited violence.

He urged his followers to "fight like hell" otherwise we wont have a country anymore.

He told his followers they cant let Biden become President.

Before the march he told his people "we are going to fight like hell" and "we are going to take back the white house".

That's incitement.

A kangaroo court which lacks due process is just that - a kangaroo court. Has the House followed impeachment procedures?

You do realize that "impeachment procedures" (other than the number of votes required to impeach) in any given case are whatever the House of Representatives decides they are going to be, don't you?

Once the House of Representatives decides what the "impeachment procedures" are going to be in any given case, then, as long as THOSE procedures are followed the person under consideration for impeachment has received "due process".

You do realize that "impeachment trial procedures" (other than the number of votes required to convict) in any given case are whatever the Senate decides they are going to be, don't you?

Once the Senate decides what the "impeachment trial procedures" are going to be in any given case, then, as long as THOSE procedures are followed the person on trial after an impeachment has received "due process".

Don't blame Mr. Biden of any of his supporters, they weren't around when the Constitution of the United States of America was being written.

A Beatles reference? Nice!!
I had to look it up; I thought that Sergio Mendes & Brasíl ‘66 was the first version......

Trump incited violence.

He urged his followers to "fight like hell" otherwise we wont have a country anymore.

He told his followers they cant let Biden become President.

Before the march he told his people "we are going to fight like hell" and "we are going to take back the white house".

That's incitement.

That's nonsense. Every person who ever was a cheer leader should be in prison and certainly Obama with "we'll bring a gun."

Obama ordered an insurrection against Congress personally:

He's "itching for a fight" with Republicans on major issues, Obama adds.

President Obama should be subpoenaed for the defense for all the times he urged "fighting," ie INSURRECTION!!!

Back
Top Bottom