• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hidden Users

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I apologize here at the top if I am in the wrong forum.

Why so often do I see such as "6 members are using this forum" but I only see 5 names? Is there an option to be so hidden? Maybe mods are allowed to hide their activity?

Thank you in advance.

VB does have an option available for users to set themselves to "invisible" but lots of time administrators don't enable that option for everyone. Being "invisible" allows an admin to get work done on the site without being blasted with constant PMs.

Why so often do I see such as "6 members are using this forum" but I only see 5 names? Is there an option to be so hidden? Maybe mods are allowed to hide their activity?

Thank you in advance.

It's called invisible mode and it's not just mods that can do it. I think for members to have the option though, it takes a donation to the site.

Thank you in advance.
You really should be posting this question in the CT section! ;)

It's called invisible mode and it's not just mods that can do it. I think for members to have the option though, it takes a donation to the site.

Ya, that sounds like how things work here.

Thanks

Thank you in advance.

Invisible mode is available to everyone regardless of donation or not. It is accessible via your control panel under the general settings tab on left hand side of the screen. After you click on the general settings tab it should be right up at the top under the Login & Privacy section.

Invisible mode is available to everyone regardless of donation or not. It is accessible via your control panel under the general settings tab on left hand side of the screen. After you click on the general settings tab it should be right up at the top under the Login & Privacy section.

Huh, you sure about that? I think there's been some discussion on this before and some don't have the option. It's been awhile though and I could be remembering wrong.

Huh, you sure about that? I think there's been some discussion on this before and some don't have the option. It's been awhile though and I could be remembering wrong.

I looked through the donation page and saw nothing about it granting invisible mode. Donation page lists everything that donation members get extra due to their donations. So afaik it doesn't require a donation to use.

I looked through the donation page and saw nothing about it granting invisible mode. Donation page lists everything that donation members get extra due to their donations. So afaik it doesn't require a donation to use.

Ah, I stand corrected. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom