• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hidden Camera Footage Of A Gay Couple Dining In Texas

Well actually, it does. It means that while basically good and tolerant and well educated people will treat other people, even those with whom they may disagree, with courtesy, when it comes to the ballot box they will still treat those people as second class citizens. Believe me, I think I'd rather have it that way than have people vote in favour of SSM and then treat people face-to-face with disdain, aggression and disrespect.

As I see it the LGBT struggle nowadays in most western countries is about converting that general acceptance and tolerance of different lifestyles and choices into a recognition of equality. What the video tells me is that for many, many people tolerance of diversity is a battle already won.

Finally, that video cannot really be taken as proof that while disagreeing with SSM people might still be polite and supportive. I know support for SSM might be low in Texas, but I'd be very surprised if Donovan and the the other heroic chap at the start of the clip wouldn't vote 'yes'.
hey no need to jump down my throat id rather have government out of marriage altogether.

"But overall, bystanders do speak up against our waitress when the gay parents are male. And those who do are extremely angry. A surprising show of support, when you consider that we did the same setup in the more liberal state of New York last year. And there, out of 100 bystanders, less than a dozen spoke up. In Texas, out of 53 bystanders, 24 voiced their support: about half. So at the end of the day, Texans have shown us, another side."

Everything about this looks fake. It's a part of the new reality show tradition that delivers to us heavily scripted and edited entertainment as news. Rest assured that when the other shoe drops we'll find that next to nothing of this report is real.

Its official. Texans are real Americans, not like those stinkin yankees up north!

Find out more @ RealAmericanValuesForRealAmericansBetterThanU4Sure

Disclaimer: This was a paid advertisement from the Nonsense Foundation of America - Giving conservatives a reason to get together and talk about how wonderful they are since 1776.

God Bless Texas!

I know this was a set up but at the first rude comment from a waiter or waitress, which is out of line for wait staff, I would ask the manager to change the waitress. I am there to eat and not discuss my life with her.

hey no need to jump down my throat id rather have government out of marriage altogether.

I don't understand why or how you think I was jumping down your throat. I just gave you a considered answer.

This was a manufactured piece and it wasn't even brilliantly done. The fact is that most people deplore bullying even if that bullying is directed at something or someone they dislike. I'm not a supporter of gay rights, but if I saw something like this I'd have waited exactly 5 seconds before saying something to that waitress. The media "gets that" fact, and used the human nature axiom to exploit a hot topic issue.

Tim-

Back
Top Bottom