• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hidden bigots

I live in Nashville and I'm white. Some of my black and Latino friends don't realize that white racists say things when black folks aren't around that prove who they really are. It ain't pretty, my friends. See, I get to hear amazingly bigoted and stupid statements from strangers just because they think I''m one of them. Something like that happened yesterday.

I was checking some groceries out at the Publinx Grocery at Old Hickory and Edmonson Pike. The man in front of me was reasonably well dressed and well groomed. He looked over at me and must have decided that I was his "brother." You know, it'd be fine with me if someone would kill Obama except that then Joe Biden would be president." he said. Then he laughed which is code in the American South to inform people that what you said was interesting and funny even though it was neither. Then he decided to rail against the President's plan to give amnesty to about five million Latinos, many of whom are part of the "dreamers" group. "I wish it was ten thousand", I responded hoping ot signal him that I wasn't part of his community and he wasn't preaching to the choir. he didn't hear a word I said and continued on with his racist rant. Finally, I surprised myself, "You must be a miserable human being", I said to him. He looked at me as if I had banished him from the Klavern.

He turned and walked away without another word. I felt good. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do something like that again soon!

Sorry, but it sounds like the guy was being critical of Obama's policies. Is that equivalent to racism now?

If I recall when G dubya was president there was a movie about him being being killed?

I'm just saying BOTH sides are guilty of stupid talk because of policy issues.

Gringo allstar;bt2935 said:
If I recall when G dubya was president there was a movie about him being being killed?

I'm just saying BOTH sides are guilty of stupid talk because of policy issues.[/QUOTE

So racism is ok with you?

LowDown;bt2934 said:
Sorry, but it sounds like the guy was being critical of Obama's policies. Is that equivalent to racism now?

So you were there and witnessed the exchange? Describe yourself. Maybe I just overlooked you!

Back
Top Bottom