• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hi...

N0s4a2

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Bye.

JK...

Hello all.
I am a half century young Belgian kid (50 going on 16), married 28 years soon with the same and only women ever in my life, religious in a weird form of catholicism, I am autistic/have ASS (Aspergers, this was until fairly recent called) with ADHD (this overrules my introversie and social behaviour into the opposite: despite ASS, I am extrovert and hyper social), the missus and I have 4 daughters in between 18 and 26, and a son of 9, my political beliefs are Logic, Pragmatism, Ideology, Humanism, "General 'Decensism'" (nice no?), in short... I am a idealist.

I came here, hoping that we could have mutual respectful discussions over various political and political themed topics, such as Should Neon fish be allowed to vote in a Goldfish bowl, and Are canaries less than a radish.

Well... not really, I know the answer to both questions.
For the Neon fish the answer is a cube, for the canaries the answer is: depends if the water is a rock.

All kidding aside though...

We're in an age where things are exponentially fast changing.
We're on the brink of AI (some claim this to become a fact in or around 2040, others think it is lurking right around the corner) becoming a fact, where the political landscape is pure terror, where the global population appears to have the IQ around the absolute zero point, in short, a world in turmoil.
And sadly... most is caused by politicians.

I would like to ask questions like: Is gun control a bad thing?
Why?
Is there a reason to believe that politicians are more corrupt than believed, and what proof do we have to either confirm or debunk the idea...

Now, being extremely new here, I read the rules, but I want to ask, are there any other things, certain pitfalls perhaps, I should be aware of?
Are there certain types of topics, I should not touch?

Well... this is me, and my intentions, in a nutshell...

Kindest regards:
Luke.

What I found amusing, btw, was the following statements in the rules:
Freedom of speech is practiced here, but you cannot: spam, speak in an offensive way, baiting, flaming, or trolling, ...

LMAO!!!

I'm sorry...
Having an IQ of slightly that above a cucumber, I found the contradiction just hilarious!!!

My apologies... XD

Brilliant, really, just brilliant... lmao

On a separate note: where can I post any discussions, please?
Thank you.

Bye.

JK...

Hello all.
I am a half century young Belgian kid (50 going on 16), married 28 years soon with the same and only women ever in my life, religious in a weird form of catholicism, I am autistic/have ASS (Aspergers, this was until fairly recent called) with ADHD (this overrules my introversie and social behaviour into the opposite: despite ASS, I am extrovert and hyper social), the missus and I have 4 daughters in between 18 and 26, and a son of 9, my political beliefs are Logic, Pragmatism, Ideology, Humanism, "General 'Decensism'" (nice no?), in short... I am a idealist.

I came here, hoping that we could have mutual respectful discussions over various political and political themed topics, such as Should Neon fish be allowed to vote in a Goldfish bowl, and Are canaries less than a radish.

Well... not really, I know the answer to both questions.
For the Neon fish the answer is a cube, for the canaries the answer is: depends if the water is a rock.

All kidding aside though...

We're in an age where things are exponentially fast changing.
We're on the brink of AI (some claim this to become a fact in or around 2040, others think it is lurking right around the corner) becoming a fact, where the political landscape is pure terror, where the global population appears to have the IQ around the absolute zero point, in short, a world in turmoil.
And sadly... most is caused by politicians.

I would like to ask questions like: Is gun control a bad thing?
Why?
Is there a reason to believe that politicians are more corrupt than believed, and what proof do we have to either confirm or debunk the idea...

Now, being extremely new here, I read the rules, but I want to ask, are there any other things, certain pitfalls perhaps, I should be aware of?
Are there certain types of topics, I should not touch?

Well... this is me, and my intentions, in a nutshell...

Kindest regards:
Luke.
Howdy Doody, N0s4a2! Welcome to the forum.

I was wondering...did you steal your forum name from the TV series? Or did they steal it from you?

What I found amusing, btw, was the following statements in the rules:
Freedom of speech is practiced here, but you cannot: spam, speak in an offensive way, baiting, flaming, or trolling, ...

LMAO!!!

I'm sorry...
Having an IQ of slightly that above a cucumber, I found the contradiction just hilarious!!!

My apologies... XD

Brilliant, really, just brilliant... lmao

On a separate note: where can I post any discussions, please?
Thank you.
It's really not a contradiction at all.

1. Freedom of Speech - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

At Debate Politics we see freedom of speech as the right to communicate ideas. With this right comes the responsibility to choose your words carefully and respect the rights of others. Common sense dictates the difference between one expressing themselves and one who is disruptive. If you are focused on contributing to the community, you will not have to be concerned with being a disruption. Disruptive behavior, such as personal attacks, can lead to temporary or permanent revocation of posting privileges.

It's all about "civil discourse".

Mycroft
I have no idea, I used this name since last years helloween party in Generation Zero... :)
Coincidence?

The "contradiction": Is freedom freedom if it is limited? ;)
Now, let me assure you, I do understand what was meant, and yes, I am 100% pro.
I have issues with rude, or violent reactions, myself...

So, I will be any cause of disturbance.
That, I promise you, is the very last of my intentions...
No one has benefit from disturbances, and I in the least. ;)

Well met, by the way...

You will find everyone here to be civil and friendly without being haughty or closed minded. Enjoy your visits, N0s4a2. May I call you N0? -Jean-s

May I call you N0? -Jean-s
My friend, you can call me Peewee for all I care, lol.
Be my guest.

Thank you for the welcome, I already made a few posts and placed a few reactions.
Hope those are decent...

Having what used to be called Aspergers (now ASS (Autism Spectrum Syndrome (I scored 9 on 12 on the ASS score)) I am communication challenged (believe it or not).
This and my prime language being Flemish (a dialect of Dutch, spoken in Belgium) can make me expressing myself a bit awkward.
To top it off, sometimes I think I said something clearly understandable, but what later seems to be misunderstood.
When that happens, I openly apologize and clarify myself.
Which is the logical thing to do.

Another annoying issue is that I tend to over-explain things...
In the past I had a few serious issues due to the above mentioned issue (Thinking I expressed myself clearly and understandable), which resulted in highly unpleasant situations.

Now, if anyone has a question, or one does not understand me, please do ask.
No matter "how silly" (there is no such thing), since asking is knowing, knowledge is intellect, intellect is power. ;)
BTW: One of the somewhat greater minds of our era (Albert Einstein) said: "There is no such thing as a stupid question, there are only stupid answers."

Patton (yes, that General) then, said: " The objective of war, is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Not a clue what that has to do with the previous, but I figured to mention that, still. XD ;)

NOs4a2:

Hi back at you. Welcome aboard and enjoy the sometimes spirited debate. I think from your first post in this thread we may be looking at a debating rarity. A DaDa-debater with a lean towards the surrealistic. May your armchair forever radiate adverbs to sooth an Irridescent toaster in Botswana.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

NOs4a2:
Why thank you.
And yes, I am a local oddball most likely... XD

While I do love a tad of fun, I can be quite serious as well, when needed.
I think...
I... hope... lol

While the topics can be very serious, a bit of weirdness I think, never hurts? ;)

You will find everyone here to be civil and friendly without being haughty or closed minded. Enjoy your visits, N0s4a2. May I call you N0? -Jean-s

tenor.gif

My friend, you can call me Peewee for all I care, lol.
Be my guest.

Thank you for the welcome, I already made a few posts and placed a few reactions.
Hope those are decent...

Having what used to be called Aspergers (now ASS (Autism Spectrum Syndrome (I scored 9 on 12 on the ASS score)) I am communication challenged (believe it or not).
This and my prime language being Flemish (a dialect of Dutch, spoken in Belgium) can make me expressing myself a bit awkward.
To top it off, sometimes I think I said something clearly understandable, but what later seems to be misunderstood.
When that happens, I openly apologize and clarify myself.
Which is the logical thing to do.

Another annoying issue is that I tend to over-explain things...
In the past I had a few serious issues due to the above mentioned issue (Thinking I expressed myself clearly and understandable), which resulted in highly unpleasant situations.

Now, if anyone has a question, or one does not understand me, please do ask.
No matter "how silly" (there is no such thing), since asking is knowing, knowledge is intellect, intellect is power. ;)
BTW: One of the somewhat greater minds of our era (Albert Einstein) said: "There is no such thing as a stupid question, there are only stupid answers."

Patton (yes, that General) then, said: " The objective of war, is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Not a clue what that has to do with the previous, but I figured to mention that, still. XD ;)
I have knows some people with ASS. It is not a rare condition. The important thing is to find entertainment when you visit, N0.

I have knows some people with ASS. It is not a rare condition. The important thing is to find entertainment when you visit, N0.
It's getting more and more around, true.
Back when I was diagnosed, there weren't so many of us.
OR!!!
Not so many were diagnosed, which obviously would create a false idea of less people being around with ASS.

Folks are always baffled: when I am being called an ass, I always and wholeheartedly agree, preferably in the most (and profoundly exaggerated) happiness and friendliness. XD

Throws them off, each and every time.
Yeah, I can be a real ASS for sure. *grins*

Being autistic, I am actually all but introvert and shy.
I am also very outspoken and opinionated.
And when folks come to me with nonsense, I call out on it.
Which, apparently, makes me quite an ASS...

Never considered my buttocks to be so dang smart... ;) *grins*

Question: speaking in general: do you more like, or more dislike people with ASS?
Be honest, I do not mind either way.
But please DO tell me why?

It's getting more and more around, true.
Back when I was diagnosed, there weren't so many of us.
OR!!!
Not so many were diagnosed, which obviously would create a false idea of less people being around with ASS.

Folks are always baffled: when I am being called an ass, I always and wholeheartedly agree, preferably in the most (and profoundly exaggerated) happiness and friendliness. XD

Throws them off, each and every time.
Yeah, I can be a real ASS for sure. *grins*

Being autistic, I am actually all but introvert and shy.
I am also very outspoken and opinionated.
And when folks come to me with nonsense, I call out on it.
Which, apparently, makes me quite an ASS...

Never considered my buttocks to be so dang smart... ;) *grins*

Question: speaking in general: do you more like, or more dislike people with ASS?
Be honest, I do not mind either way.
But please DO tell me why?
I neither like nor dislike people based on a diagnosis. As I understand it, ASS is on a continuum from mild to severe. As a matter of opinion, I rather suspect that I have a mild form of ASS. I have never had a diagnosis. I tend to be quite literal when it comes to communication and I am very lineal in my reasoning. I do wonder if this is a form of ASS. I do not know enough about it.

"I tend to be quite literal when it comes to communication and I am very lineal in my reasoning."
Same here.
Also, I am "uninterested in everything", "too blunt", "too honest". "too open", "a cold, unsensitive bastard", "too logical" and "too pragmatical focused" (whatever that means).
To top it off: I am a bad listener, I am a true fixer: when someone comes to me with whatever issue they might have, I just NEED to fix it, while they only seek to vent their frustration and anger, or sorrow...
And while I "know better", and promise myself to better myself in that regard, that OCD part to fix it just runs me over.

I also tent to over-analyze everything, including myself and my own questions, even...
My brain is a waterfall of ideas, but by the time I grabbed a pencil, I am 500 ideas further down the line.

Quite frustrating, really...

Oh, and I am quite a sarcastic ASS... :p

Back
Top Bottom