• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hi

ukangel

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Hi from the UK, I was a member here a long time back and many years ago I was a mod on the now defunct Whistlestopper site. I haven't posted on a political messageboard for a long time, life having the habit of getting the way.

I will be absolutely honest with you guys I am terrified of what is happening in the middle east, I am hoping someone with more knowledge than me can reassure me that its all not going to end with it spiralling to a word war :(

Hi from the UK, I was a member here a long time back and many years ago I was a mod on the now defunct Whistlestopper site. I haven't posted on a political messageboard for a long time, life having the habit of getting the way.

I will be absolutely honest with you guys I am terrified of what is happening in the middle east, I am hoping someone with more knowledge than me can reassure me that its all not going to end with it spiralling to a word war :(

This is a fun political forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Concerning the middle east maybe you should not take a vacation in the region just now. It would be a pity to lose you so quickly again so soon.

Russia will not go to war with the US over Assad. They'll bitch and whine till the end of time, but no, they won't go to war.

I think you accidentally hit the nail on the head: "Word War"

With some carpet bombs thrown in, of course.

Welcome Ukangel...I wouldn't worry about a world war. Who would want to take on the UK, US, Israel, and all of our other allies at this point in time?

Welcome Ukangel...I wouldn't worry about a world war. Who would want to take on the UK, US, Israel, and all of our other allies at this point in time?
Who? Anyone who believes that god is on their side. That's a lot of people currently.

Don't worry, we French will come to your rescue!

:D :D :D <<happy to see you again>>

WWIII would require that Russia or China come in kinetically. Neither of them are going to do so. At this point it's a tossup whether or not we will - and the French aren't going to do so without us. The worst thing that's going to happen is the death of a hundred thousand more or so Syrians in increasingly awful, near-genocidal ways of the kind that we keep swearing we will Never Ever Allow To Happen Again.

I remember you from WhistleStopper! I liked you immensely. So glad to see you here. Welcome!!

Welcome aboard! And I hear ya. It barely bears thinking about for me. Just no more war. Not again. Please. When was the last time we were at peace?

Good news is, there won't be a 'world war'. That's silly. Bad news is, every time anyone so much as farts in the ME, there'll be the usual uneducated and uninformed misfits running around like headless chickens, ****ting themselves in fear about Armageddon. Ignore the doomsayers. They're sad.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for all your kind welcomes guys esp to Dianna and CP :). Looks a like a breakthrough on Syria too so happy days !

Hello ukangel. Welcome! :2wave:

Hey Ukangel, nice to meet you! :)

I wish I could cheer you up on the ME problem, but it scares the **** out of me too. Except that it seems an attack can be avoided since yesterday, when Assad agreed to turn over his chemical weapons. So I'd be cautiously optimistic now. :)

What other topics are you interested in?

Back
Top Bottom