• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hi

GJ Flash

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Hiya folks, thanks for having me. Sorry it took me so long to introduce myself. Bad manners, I guess. 'Muricans, ya know?

I'm a big fan of the site. I don't post much lately, I'm probably more in the "long time listener first time caller" category.
Not that I'm not opinionated, because I am, it's just that I don't have a lot of time to argue about it.

I mostly come here so that anonymous strangers on the internet can tell me what to think (I'm also a smartass, so I'll just go ahead and apologize for that in advance). Seriously, there is quite a bit of wisdom to be found around here, and it often helps to crystalize my own opinions. There are some very smart folks making important points on DP (some not so much), wise, common-sense opinions (again, some not so much), and even some smart, workable solutions (ditto again).

I'm here because sites like this are often the pulse of thinking America.

While every generation of Americans believed that they lived in perilous times regarding the future of our nation, I firmly believe that our way of life, the things that make us one of the most successful civilizations in history, our very freedoms, are in jeopardy. I'm not given to drama, but I am a bit of a student of human history. Freedom works, we proved it once and for all, and we should encourage that. Tyranny sucks, history has proven that fact many times, and we should discourage it. Firmly. Strongly. Harshly.

I think we're heading in the wrong direction in that regard, and it's disturbing that so many Americans either don't know or don't care.
It's nice to come here and know that people do know, and do care. It gives me hope for our future. So thanks for that.

I'm a centrist, even though I usually identify as a rightie. I'm a political Conservative, a social Liberal, and a dedicated Libertarian. Usually. Sometimes.
I've taken a couple of those "which political party are you?" quizzes, and hit them both directly in the bull's eye. Right in the middle I am, which means I usually get my arse kicked by both sides. Or vice-versa.

I'm a big fan of facts (because they're the same for everyone, or they should be anyway) and history (because all this has happened before, and will likely happen again). I'm a bottom-line, where-the-rubber-meets-the-road kind of guy.

So yeah, thanks for having me. Nice house. Where's the beer?

GJ

Attachments

• 273690_full.jpg
    273690_full.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 39
Hiya folks, thanks for having me. Sorry it took me so long to introduce myself. Bad manners, I guess. 'Muricans, ya know?

I'm a big fan of the site. I don't post much lately, I'm probably more in the "long time listener first time caller" category.
Not that I'm not opinionated, because I am, it's just that I don't have a lot of time to argue about it.

I mostly come here so that anonymous strangers on the internet can tell me what to think (I'm also a smartass, so I'll just go ahead and apologize for that in advance). Seriously, there is quite a bit of wisdom to be found around here, and it often helps to crystalize my own opinions. There are some very smart folks making important points on DP (some not so much), wise, common-sense opinions (again, some not so much), and even some smart, workable solutions (ditto again).

While every generation of Americans believed that they lived in perilous times regarding the future of our nation, I firmly believe that our way of life, the things that make us one of the most successful civilizations in history, our very freedoms, are in jeopardy. I'm not given to drama, but I am a bit of a student of human history. Freedom works, we proved it once and for all, and we should encourage that. Tyranny sucks, history has proven that fact many times, and we should discourage it. Firmly. Strongly. Harshly.

I think we're heading in the wrong direction in that regard, and it's disturbing that so many Americans either don't know or don't care.
It's nice to come here and know that people do know, and do care. It gives me hope for our future. So thanks for that.

I'm a centrist, even though I usually identify as a rightie. I'm a political Conservative, a social Liberal, and a dedicated Libertarian. Usually. Sometimes.
I've taken a couple of those "which political party are you?" quizzes, and hit them both directly in the bull's eye. Right in the middle I am, which means I usually get my arse kicked by both sides. Or vice-versa.

I'm a big fan of facts (because they're the same for everyone, or they should be anyway) and history (because all this has happened before, and will likely happen again). I'm a bottom-line, where-the-rubber-meets-the-road kind of guy.

GJ
Welcome to DP!

You've been here longer than I have, so me welcoming you is like a baby welcoming his/her mom to the world, but I'm happy to welcome you and wish you lots of fun and enjoyment on the site.

GJ

Good morning, GJ! :2wave:

:wcm: Nice to have you here! Appreciate the fact that you have a sense of humor, too! :thumbs:

GJ

Welcome!

I've discovered that if you can tick off both sides of the political spectrum with the same post, you've succeeded. :wink:

Beer is in the cooler on the back deck. Recycle the empties, 'k?

Hello to you, GJ!

Yeah, being in the middle of the political spectrum is a difficult and thankless position. LOL

I'm glad you are enjoying DP. :)

GJ

Nice to meet you. Great intro! :)

Back
Top Bottom