• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hi there.

Marquez

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Greetings, everyone. I've been lurking around for a bit, and finally decided to register. I'm a 45-year-old high school English teacher from the midwestern USA. (No, I won't be correcting anyone's grammar, and yes, teenagers can be great fun to work with because they are just beginning to form their worldviews.)

I have a family with a wife and two boys (13 and 9). I enjoy reading just about anything, but I'm particularly fond of science fiction, classic literature, and science. I play chess, watch a lot of movies, and enjoy time with my family and friends.

Politically, I always try to remain as open-minded as I possibly can. I believe firmly in the idea that we should always take our most treasured beliefs and determine what particular kinds of evidence could potentially render those opinions mistaken. Then we should actively look for that evidence.

I joined the forum because I want to expand my political perspective. The diverse views here should help me with that.

Best wishes to you all.

-Marquez

Greetings, everyone. I've been lurking around for a bit, and finally decided to register. I'm a 45-year-old high school English teacher from the midwestern USA. (No, I won't be correcting anyone's grammar, and yes, teenagers can be great fun to work with because they are just beginning to form their worldviews.)

I have a family with a wife and two boys (13 and 9). I enjoy reading just about anything, but I'm particularly fond of science fiction, classic literature, and science. I play chess, watch a lot of movies, and enjoy time with my family and friends.

Politically, I always try to remain as open-minded as I possibly can. I believe firmly in the idea that we should always take our most treasured beliefs and determine what particular kinds of evidence could potentially render those opinions mistaken. Then we should actively look for that evidence.

I joined the forum because I want to expand my political perspective. The diverse views here should help me with that.

Best wishes to you all.

-Marquez

Very good introduction. Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your thoughts and discussing those most treasured beliefs of which you spoke.

Edit: Have you seen the most recent restoration of the movie where your avatar originated? I watched it yesterday as a matter of fact, and it was an interesting experience, to say the least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NzALRJifI

Last edited:
Welcome, Marquez.

Very good introduction. Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your thoughts and discussing those most treasured beliefs of which you spoke.

Edit: Have you seen the most recent restoration of the movie where your avatar originated? I watched it yesterday as a matter of fact, and it was an interesting experience, to say the least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NzALRJifI

Thanks for the welcome, Beaudreaux. I have not seen the most recent rescoring of Metropolis, so thank you for the link!

Back
Top Bottom