• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hi, I'm new and have a question

gbg3

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I like to attach links to articles and opinion pieces and I've done that using the link icon 9th from the left on the tool bar above my comment box. But, the articles I see others attach show the beginning of the article with the article title in a nice box. I like that look better. Could someone tell me how to do that or where I can go on the website to learn how to use the tools better? Thanks.

I like to attach links to articles and opinion pieces and I've done that using the link icon 9th from the left on the tool bar above my comment box. But, the articles I see others attach show the beginning of the article with the article title in a nice box. I like that look better. Could someone tell me how to do that or where I can go on the website to learn how to use the tools better? Thanks.

Usually I just post a bare link, and that works fine.

Here's a random link I found on Twitter, posted into this comment with a simple copy/paste of the URL.

I use the function that looks like a paper clip/chain link when I want to embed the same link in text, like that. I type out the sentence, highlight the part of it that I want to contain the link with my cursor, hit that function, then command V dumps the URL I've copied into the right box.

Last edited:
I have the same issue. The admins are not sure what is up with it. Both the owner and the head techy have tried to help with no luck.

Oh, and welcome to DP.

Here's a random link I found on Twitter, posted into this comment with a simple copy/paste of the URL.

I use the function that looks like a paper clip/chain link when I want to embed the same link in text, like that. I type out the sentence, highlight the part of it that I want to contain the link with my cursor, hit that function, then command V dumps the URL I've copied into the right box.
Thanks. Just playing in this comment to try stuff out.
Bare link first.

Oh, that's super easy, thanks! Now, I'll go read your comment to see about the embedded stuff with the paper clip and try that next.
Embed a link in sentence test.
I want to embed this link into this sentence.

Oh cool - that worked too. Thanks so much!!!

Last edited:
I have the same issue. The admins are not sure what is up with it. Both the owner and the head techy have tried to help with no luck.

Oh, and welcome to DP.
Thank you very much for the welcome!

Nice, JasperL! Thank you!

I also noticed I can simply copy & paste images, too.

gbd3:

Welcome aboard!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Hello, gbd3! Nice to have you here! :)

I hope you enjoy your visits, gbg3.

Embedding a link is something I never tried but I can see how useful it can be.

Welcome @gbg3, good to have you join us!

Back
Top Bottom