• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hi, I'm in search of a more civil forum.

Jade Dragon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
My last forum was off the rocker free speech, and the abusive nature of people got pitiful. Looking for a better forum, so I was referred here. I hear tell a few may already know me here. With the rules here, I expect there won't be gossip from these individuals, should we meet.

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
My last forum was off the rocker free speech, and the abusive nature of people got pitiful. Looking for a better forum, so I was referred here. I hear tell a few may already know me here. With the rules here, I expect there won't be gossip from these individuals, should we meet.

Sure does seem like we are gaining a lot of refuges lately.

Welcome.

Jade Dragon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Sure does seem like we are gaining a lot of refuges lately.

Welcome.

Thanks, I'll hopefully get used to things around here. People on my last forum knew me for my recipe, and advice discussions.

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

It more tightly moderated here, but civility is a thin veil.

But on balance as a liberal, you shouldn’t have too many problems.

Elora

whole-souled...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Good luck on your journey...:2razz:

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Thanks, I'll hopefully get used to things around here. People on my last forum knew me for my recipe, and advice discussions.

Cool, we dont tend to do much relationship advice (is that what you meant?) around here but we do have a food forum that is sometimes really cool!

Bullseye

Fund police; Defund the politicians
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I've been here for about six months - it's a mixed bag, but fare better than my last one.

JqYaqui

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hi Jade!

Welcome and it's good to see you here. Looking forward to your foodie threads again.

Jade Dragon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Cool, we dont tend to do much relationship advice (is that what you meant?) around here but we do have a food forum that is sometimes really cool!

Not really anything on relationships. It was more health, how to make homemade extracts, stuff for pets, etc.

Jade Dragon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Hi Jade!

Welcome and it's good to see you here. Looking forward to your foodie threads again.

With the holidays coming up, I'll have quite a few things. Not going out this year for Thanksgiving, so I will need to find a good Turkey seasoning.

JqYaqui

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
With the holidays coming up, I'll have quite a few things. Not going out this year for Thanksgiving, so I will need to find a good Turkey seasoning.

My sister and I used to cook Thanksgiving dinner together, now her son and his wife have taken over that duty. :)

JANFU

Not quite there yet, but getting close
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Anarchon

Resident Voluntaryist
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

I'm interested in where your last forum was. Sounds interesting. PM me if need be.

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Might I recommend the ultimate ( IMHO) winter comfort food?

Beer cheese soup. :)

Welcome aboard.

Jade Dragon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I'm interested in where your last forum was. Sounds interesting. PM me if need be.

I don't mind saying here. It's called Justplainpolitics, or JPP. It is heavily free speech, and allows anything, but pedophile stuff and personal info. You get people that get banned elsewhere, and the occasional Stormfronter. You can ban anyone you want from discussion, but that creates a couple trolls that ban everyone basically.

Jade Dragon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Might I recommend the ultimate ( IMHO) winter comfort food?

Beer cheese soup. :)

Welcome aboard.

Well I have plenty of beer, just need to figure out the cheese. Probably should just use a sharp Cheddar. I can whip that up pretty easy, since I bought an Instant Pot.

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

It's pretty civil in here, but thick skin is always the best defense.

Welcome.

Rogue Valley

Exordium and Terminus
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

You missed it by ~2 years. :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard Jade Dragon :peace

Tom Horn

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Greetings. My advice is to take just the single lobotomy. Most here will advocate you go doubles, like they have.

Helix

Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
welcome, and i hope that you enjoy the forum.

OrphanSlug

A sinister place...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Welcome to DP.

The admin and moderators here work very hard to keep things within the rules of the forum, you should find what you are looking for here.

Cameron

Politically Correct
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Good luck finding one!

The mods do a wonderful job here, but due to the subject matter, civil conversation is difficult to achieve.

Jade Dragon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Good luck finding one!

The mods do a wonderful job here, but due to the subject matter, civil conversation is difficult to achieve.

My last one was full of internet tough guys, that thought lame memes, and the c, and n words made for good conversation. The person running it, was one of the biggest trolls on the forum, with his sexist crap.

Lovebug

Let go and let God
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

I quit a forum (make it 2) just like that. Hurling insults wasn't my cup of tea. Welcome and enjoy.

Top Bottom