• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hi from geekgrrl...

geekgrrl

Reaction score
I've been here a few days now but wasn't aware of this "introduce yourself" forum. So, anyway, glad to make your acquaintaince. I grew up being told that you never discuss religion or politics 'cuz it's supposedly impolite.

Never having been exactly a Miss Manners type myself, I found that I love to discuss/debate both religion and politics. I'm a former denizen of the *old* politics.com site that flourished in the late '90s but was closed down. After that, I despaired of ever again finding a really "good" debate site (i.e., where the people and the posts are equally interesting and thought-provoking, with just enough flaming and nose-thumbing to make it interesting, but not enough to reduce a good debate to an out-of-control, name-calling shouting match). It appears that maybe this site is what I've been looking for. Time will tell.

I look forward to "meeting" each of y'all.

y'all - you make it feel like home here. That is a word I understand. :)

A friend of mine is from Southern California and he says there are more cowboys there than here in Texas. Hard to believe.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

Hey, welcome to another soul from South Cali! What area you live in?

Hi geekgrrl ! :2wave:

welcome2.gif

We have a great mix of folks here. :)

Just got here !
trying to say hi :2wave: :hitsfan:

vauge said:
y'all - you make it feel like home here. That is a word I understand. :)

A friend of mine is from Southern California and he says there are more cowboys there than here in Texas. Hard to believe.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

Well, thanks for the welcome! I'm a native Californian but (believe it or not) I grew up among a lot of people who were transplants from Texas and the South, so I guess I talk more like they do than like more typical native Californians. If you heard me talk, you'd probably take me for a southerner. I say things like "aigs" for "eggs", that sort of thing...

ShamMol said:
Hey, welcome to another soul from South Cali! What area you live in?

Ventura County. You?

Oops, just noticed -- you're from Pasadena. Cool. Must do lunch sometime.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom