• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hi All

Taboon

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Hello everyone. I'm a regular at another political forum that is welcoming of all political leanings. But, that forum has not had a lot of activity over the last few months so I'm searching for a second home. This seems to be a quality forum from what I have seen so far so I thought that I would give it a go.
A bit about me. I consider myself left leaning. I'm very liberal minded when it comes to social issues but am more of a centrist when it comes to fiscal issues. I'm not all that thrilled about an unbalanced budget but I also believe that there are some things that the government needs to be involved in from an economics standpoint. I do believe that we need to drastically reduce spending in many areas but have a hard time seeing how we can reduce taxes at this time given our current deficit and the cost of mandatory programs that are included within our budget.
I'm not the kind of person who enjoys a big old flame fest with talking points spewing from both directions. I'll generally stay out of those discussions and look for the threads that are truly interesting and engagin.
Thanks for having me!

Taboon

Welcome, Taboon!:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom