• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

HHS Secretary Becerra: 'Absolutely the government's business' to know which Americans haven't been vaccinated

I can agree with your last sentences, but I do indeed want the government to know as much as they can about the numbers of those affected and where they are concentrated so as to design policy. But Becerra's words clearly showed that people could not "open the door" if they so chose, and also choose not to follow advice the government might give. You don't have to answer the door or questions. I will choose to do so.

I repeat, how is this different than my example of FEMA getting staff or volunteers to warn people about a crack in a dam, or me going door to door with government-provided voter registration forms? 600k deaths can justify a knock on one's door. Again, I say this assuming we are not talking about different things.

I repeat, because his implication was that its their business, so they have a right to know. He even said they 'try to give us a much freedom as they can' as if its up to them. As you well know, first they ask, then they demand, then they force you.

And nobody needs to knock on peoples doors. Everyone knows about coronavirus. This is a waste of time and money.

I repeat, because his implication was that its their business, so they have a right to know. He even said they 'try to give us a much freedom as they can' as if its up to them. As you well know, first they ask, then they demand, then they force you.

And nobody needs to knock on peoples doors. Everyone knows about coronavirus. This is a waste of time and money.
“ask-demand-force” seems a little paranoid. I assume that in some cases FEMA could force evacuations if there are young kids in the house when the dam is leaking, but I am not required to register to vote when someone comes knocking. Given the low level of vaccinations in some areas, given people like Carlson on air and Trump sitting on his hands on this issue when he could do great good by encouraging people, I presume that that there is ignorance about the disease and the vaccine. I see nothing wrong with spreading more and better information.

“ask-demand-force” seems a little paranoid. I assume that in some cases FEMA could force evacuations if there are young kids in the house when the dam is leaking, but I am not required to register to vote when someone comes knocking. Given the low level of vaccinations in some areas, given people like Carlson on air and Trump sitting on his hands on this issue when he could do great good by encouraging people, I presume that that there is ignorance about the disease and the vaccine. I see nothing wrong with spreading more and better information.

Trump isnt President.

Trump isnt President.
Thank goodness, but he could still do the country a favor by promoting getting vaccinated. He could call it a sequel to Operation Warp Speed.

Thank goodness, but he could still do the country a favor by promoting getting vaccinated. He could call it a sequel to Operation Warp Speed.

Luckily lots of people dont just do what politicians tell them do. But case in point

First they ask you, then they tell you, then they give you no choice. Theyre taxing me and then spending my taxes making sure i dont see anything they dont like on facebook.

Luckily lots of people dont just do what politicians tell them do. But case in point

First they ask you, then they tell you, then they give you no choice. Theyre taxing me and then spending my taxes making sure i dont see anything they dont like on facebook.
If someone is spreading false info on Facebook about the virus/vaccine, AIDS, measles, whatever might relate to public health, you bet I want Biden to call them out. If a government representative comes to my home and tells me the dam upstream is cracking, I kinda like that. You want to come by and claim the government is acting like Chicken Little, that the dam is safe, fine also.

If someone is spreading false info on Facebook about the virus/vaccine, AIDS, measles, whatever might relate to public health, you bet I want Biden to call them out. If a government representative comes to my home and tells me the dam upstream is cracking, I kinda like that. You want to come by and claim the government is acting like Chicken Little, that the dam is safe, fine also.

Fine, you support govt censorship of free speech then.

Fine, you support govt censorship of free speech then.
Did Biden suggest that he would correct errors his advisors saw, or that he would prohibit their publication? "Shouting fire in a crowded theater" and all that. I am fine with the government using its power to counter the dissemination of possibly false info on the virus, just as it did with AIDS. I assume it did its best in 1918, and that other nations are doing the same. Here in California the government is issuing advice and yes, rules, with fire season expected to be bad this year. Sort of useful government functions, don't you think?

Did Biden suggest that he would correct errors his advisors saw, or that he would prohibit their publication? "Shouting fire in a crowded theater" and all that. I am fine with the government using its power to counter the dissemination of possibly false info on the virus, just as it did with AIDS. I assume it did its best in 1918, and that other nations are doing the same. Here in California the government is issuing advice and yes, rules, with fire season expected to be bad this year. Sort of useful government functions, don't you think?

All the metaphors in the world isnt going to make this better. The govt is supressing speech and you support it. And you want them to do more, to investigate peopels medical status, to tell them to change it, to control discussion about it. Next step is forcing people to get vaccinated, directly or through elimating the ability to exist freely without it.

All the metaphors in the world isnt going to make this better. The govt is supressing speech and you support it. And you want them to do more, to investigate peopels medical status, to tell them to change it, to control discussion about it. Next step is forcing people to get vaccinated, directly or through elimating the ability to exist freely without it.
We already in a way force people to get vaccinated as a condition of going to school. I have no problem with the government doing this sort of thing, encouraging people to get the vaccine. But how are they changing "people's medical status"?

Don't think of a minute that I support something just because....Trump. Besides, didn't Shanghai Joe undo all of Trumps work??? Hmmm? C'mon, man!
This precedent is already firmly established by the knowledge of the government 35 years ago regarding people who were HIV positive. Your ability to spread a deadly infectious disease trumps your privacy rights.

This precedent is already firmly established by the knowledge of the government 35 years ago regarding people who were HIV positive. Your ability to spread a deadly infectious disease trumps your privacy rights.

The govt doesnt have a right to know who has HIV either. They cant set a precedent of violating your constitutional rights.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,

We already in a way force people to get vaccinated as a condition of going to school. I have no problem with the government doing this sort of thing, encouraging people to get the vaccine. But how are they changing "people's medical status"?

As I said, first the register the non vaccinated, then they either segregate them or vaccinate them by force. You seem to support this. I dont.

The govt doesnt have a right to know who has HIV either. They cant set a precedent of violating your constitutional rights.

LMAO.... HIV has been reportable for many, many years...

All 50 states require both physicians and laboratories to report to local or state health departments the names of persons newly diagnosed with Centers for Disease Control-defined AIDS [1]. However, because AIDS cases represent onset of the disease caused by HIV, HIV data is necessary to monitor the epidemic.

But HIV reporting requirements currently differ among states. The 3 main HIV reporting systems are name-based reporting, code-based reporting, and name-to-code-based reporting. In code-based reporting, coded identifiers are substituted for names. Name-to-code-based reporting means that cases were initially reported by name, but were converted to code after public health follow-up and collection of epidemiologic data.

In 1999, the CDC recommended that all states implement HIV reporting systems; however, the CDC does not accept HIV reporting data from the 9 states that use code-based systems due to their unreliability [2]. Beyond their use as an epidemiologic tool, reliable data are important under the reauthorization of the Ryan White CARE Act, since the federal government may include CDC-confirmed HIV case data in applying the Ryan White CARE Act funding formula [3,4].

Forty-three state (including New York, Florida, Texas, Ohio, and New Jersey,) and local health departments have implemented confidential name-based HIV reporting [5], while approximately 14 other state and local health departments use code-based or name-to-code reporting methods [6]. States that use name-to-code systems include Oregon and Washington; California and Massachusetts use a code-only system [7]. Some states, Texas and Kentucky, for example, that once used code-based HIV reporting, have changed to name-based systems.

LMAO.... HIV has been reportable for many, many years...

All 50 states require both physicians and laboratories to report to local or state health departments the names of persons newly diagnosed with Centers for Disease Control-defined AIDS [1]. However, because AIDS cases represent onset of the disease caused by HIV, HIV data is necessary to monitor the epidemic.

But HIV reporting requirements currently differ among states. The 3 main HIV reporting systems are name-based reporting, code-based reporting, and name-to-code-based reporting. In code-based reporting, coded identifiers are substituted for names. Name-to-code-based reporting means that cases were initially reported by name, but were converted to code after public health follow-up and collection of epidemiologic data.

In 1999, the CDC recommended that all states implement HIV reporting systems; however, the CDC does not accept HIV reporting data from the 9 states that use code-based systems due to their unreliability [2]. Beyond their use as an epidemiologic tool, reliable data are important under the reauthorization of the Ryan White CARE Act, since the federal government may include CDC-confirmed HIV case data in applying the Ryan White CARE Act funding formula [3,4].

Forty-three state (including New York, Florida, Texas, Ohio, and New Jersey,) and local health departments have implemented confidential name-based HIV reporting [5], while approximately 14 other state and local health departments use code-based or name-to-code reporting methods [6]. States that use name-to-code systems include Oregon and Washington; California and Massachusetts use a code-only system [7]. Some states, Texas and Kentucky, for example, that once used code-based HIV reporting, have changed to name-based systems.

Illegally. ROFL

I get that you agree with govt authoritarianism in the name of health. I dont.

Illegally. ROFL

I get that you agree with govt authoritarianism in the name of health. I dont.

LMAO…. Oooooo…. Illegally…. Arrest them all immediately…

Since we are now on to the sarcasm portion of this thread, I think we're done.

What else is left? We have CLEARLY been tracking who has HIV for DECADES....

What else is left? We have CLEARLY been tracking who has HIV for DECADES....

Illegally. I get that you dont care. Fine. You think privacy is less important than security. Lots of people think that way.

Illegally. I get that you dont care. Fine. You think privacy is less important than security. Lots of people think that way.

Illegal where? Certainly not in the 50 states that have been doing it for DECADES....

Illegal where? Certainly not in the 50 states that have been doing it for DECADES....

Illegal in all 50 states. Yes, they are doing it illegally. The 4th amendment is the supreme law of the land. The people have a right to privacy.

Illegal in all 50 states. Yes, they are doing it illegally. The 4th amendment is the supreme law of the land. The people have a right to privacy.

LMAO... Good luck with your lawsuit...

Yes, they do as a way to monitor and control its spread. It is a crime to have sex with someone and not inform them of your HIV status.

Most STDs are recorded by the government as part of public health. If you can transmit a deadly disease to others then we need to keep accurate records of it as a way to protect society and control its spread. Anthrax, smallpox, measles, and others are also tracked.

The following tables, slide presentations, and annual reports provide the most recent available data and statistics for reportable sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) among Ohioans. These files include data for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis. Infections that have not been diagnosed are not represented in the tables.

The information shown, however, is a good representation of the patterns of disease in the population. Information is available on syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia. These three conditions are tracked because they present serious risks to those infected and because spread can be controlled through safe behaviors and effective treatment of infections.

For additional information you may contact STD Surveillance at:
Phone: (614) 387-2722
Fax: (614) 387-2602

Why do you have a problem with the government keeping accurate records and statistics?

The 4th doesn't apply because there is no search warrant and nobody claims that you have committed a crime because of your Covid19 status or your refusal to get vaccinated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom