• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

HHS Secretary Becerra: 'Absolutely the government's business' to know which Americans haven't been vaccinated

As I said, first the register the non vaccinated, then they either segregate them or vaccinate them by force. You seem to support this. I dont.
And your proof that they will segregate people and then vaccinate them by force is? Again, how is what Biden is proposing any different than say, the polio vaccines distributed in my childhood, or current vaccine requirements for kids to go to school, or advice (and requirements) my state is currently giving as fire season approaches?
Polio vaccines are mandatory in all states, I believe.

Article in the NYTimes headlined, "Where few got COVID vaccine, many are sick." Duh.

Yes, they do as a way to monitor and control its spread. It is a crime to have sex with someone and not inform them of your HIV status.

Most STDs are recorded by the government as part of public health. If you can transmit a deadly disease to others then we need to keep accurate records of it as a way to protect society and control its spread. Anthrax, smallpox, measles, and others are also tracked.

Why do you have a problem with the government keeping accurate records and statistics?

Because its an invasion of privacy. Just because you COULD harm someone doesnt give the govt the right to monitor you just in case. Thats a crazy concept, like saying we have to register guns because you might shoot someone. Medical info is even more private. And the govt is barred from it via the 4th amendment, wether they abide by it or not.

As you well know they do what they want, they dont care about the law.

And your proof that they will segregate people and then vaccinate them by force is? Again, how is what Biden is proposing any different than say, the polio vaccines distributed in my childhood, or current vaccine requirements for kids to go to school, or advice (and requirements) my state is currently giving as fire season approaches?
Polio vaccines are mandatory in all states, I believe.

Article in the NYTimes headlined, "Where few got COVID vaccine, many are sick." Duh.

You want proof of the future? Look to the past where the govt has as you said, forced medical treatments on people. Just like Tuskegee, this is worse than Jim Crow 2.0.

Because its an invasion of privacy. Just because you COULD harm someone doesnt give the govt the right to monitor you just in case. Thats a crazy concept, like saying we have to register guns because you might shoot someone. Medical info is even more private. And the govt is barred from it via the 4th amendment, wether they abide by it or not.

As you well know they do what they want, they dont care about the law.
The health of greater society as well as protecting those at highest risk is not an invasion of your privacy if you are a carrier of a deadly disease or if you refuse to get vaccinated.

Just get vaccinated. Are you afraid of needles or being microchipped? Do you allege that the Covid19 vaccine is not safe? Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

You want proof of the future? Look to the past where the govt has as you said, forced medical treatments on people. Just like Tuskegee, this is worse than Jim Crow 2.0.
Worse than the polio vaccines? Smallpox vaccines? Vaccine requirements for kids entering school? More tyrannical than the government warning me to clear brush in fire season? Paranoia strikes deep.

Worse than the polio vaccines? Smallpox vaccines? Vaccine requirements for kids entering school? More tyrannical than the government warning me to clear brush in fire season? Paranoia strikes deep.
Worse than the civil war! Worse than hitler! Worse than watergate even!

That's what tin foilers do when they look in the mirror.

A national pandemic is a national health security issue, and, yes, that can limit your liberties and freedoms.
Only through due process of law in the US.

Unlike your sh*thole nation with its unlimited government power, the government of the US is actually limited in its authority.

No government in the US (federal, State, or local) may deprive anyone of their life, liberty, or property without providing them their individual right to due process of law. Which means the government must provide evidence in a court of law proving their case beyond a reasonable doubt on an individual by individual basis. It is unconstitutional for the government to issue mandates or enact laws that deprive people of their life, liberty, or property en masse. It can only be done on an individual by individual basis.

Unlike your sh*thole nation with its unlimited government power, the government of the US is actually limited in its authority.

No government in the US (federal, State, or local) may deprive anyone of their life, liberty, or property without providing them their individual right to due process of law. Which means the government must provide evidence in a court of law proving their case beyond a reasonable doubt on an individual by individual basis. It is unconstitutional for the government to issue mandates or enact laws that deprive people of their life, liberty, or property en masse. It can only be done on an individual by individual basis.
Can you explain how a vaccine mandate deprives anyone of Life, liberty, or property? I read it as just the opposite. The mandates may very well save your life and certainly the lives of others.

You deniers keep cherry picking the constitution while the SC just ruled in favor of mandates. You can't get away from it. A mandate is coming to you neighborhood shortly.

So you'd accept a vaccine mandate - if it was made after "due process" ?

You keep saying that the recent mask mandate was without due process, what in your mind would be due process ?

What democracy doesn't limit government power ?

No government in the US (federal, State, or local) may deprive anyone of their life, liberty, or property without providing them their individual right to due process of law.

Ditto every democratic country.

Which means the government must provide evidence in a court of law proving their case beyond a reasonable doubt on an individual by individual basis.

You're confused, "Reasonable Doubt" is a criminal justice term.

It is unconstitutional for the government to issue mandates or enact laws that deprive people of their life, liberty, or property en masse. It can only be done on an individual by individual basis.

Nope. No law was every passed on an individual basis.
All laws / mandates are issued "en masse" from speed limits on highways to laws prohibiting murder.

Back
Top Bottom