• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

HHS Secretary Becerra: 'Absolutely the government's business' to know which Americans haven't been vaccinated

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

"We want to give people the sense that they have the freedom to choose. But we hope they choose to live," Becerra said.
This guy needs to be tossed out on his ass. Who does he think he is?

Naaa. Isn't the government's business.

As soon as the federal government has that data, the next thing is going to restrict the activities anyone they don't like based on this one thing.

As soon as the federal government has that data, the next thing is going to restrict the activities anyone they don't like based on this one thing.

So? Health policy trumps privacy, get the vaccine and stay alive.

Didn't we enact medical privacy laws, in part, to prevent government from making political decisions based on medical demographics?

Don't think of a minute that I support something just because....Trump. Besides, didn't Shanghai Joe undo all of Trumps work??? Hmmm? C'mon, man!
But you do. You get so ass mad about any slight against Trump. I dont give a shit if you say shanghai joe.

Cue the Star Wars Imperial March music.

This guy just caused loads of headaches for Psaki. How will she "circle back to it" in the press room?

So? Health policy trumps privacy, get the vaccine and stay alive.
Get the vaccine and don't tell the government. I'm OK with that.

Well, unless you are a kid, or unless you've had it, and have the anti-bodies. There's no reason to get the vaccine in either of these cases, really.

Good on those states.
If the States are providing any data, all Personal Identifiable Information (PII) needs to be scrubbed from it before being turned over.

Even the government says so itself. 🤷‍♂️

Cue the Star Wars Imperial March music.

This guy just caused loads of headaches for Psaki. How will she "circle back to it" in the press room?
When one person in the administration 'circles in back' with another, I wonder what might be going on there. ;)

Get the vaccine and don't tell the government. I'm OK with that.

Well, unless you are a kid, or unless you've had it, and have the anti-bodies. There's no reason to get the vaccine in either of these cases, really.

I would not count on natural anti-bodies myself. The vaccine is painless, its free and it works. Those who play with fire get burnt.

I would not count on natural anti-bodies myself. The vaccine is painless, its free and it works. Those who play with fire get burnt.
Painless?

Pfizer's COVID Vaccine In Teens And Myocarditis: What You ...

Nearly 7 million U.S. teens and preteens (ages 12 through 17) have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine so far, the CDC says. There have been more than 300 cases of heart inflammation among the millions of youths who have received one of the vaccines. Still, health experts say don't hesitate to get your children inoculated.​

Clinical Considerations: Myocarditis after mRNA COVID-19 ...

Since April 2021, increased cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported in the United States after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna), particularly in adolescents and young adults. There has not been a similar reporting pattern observed after receipt of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson).​

Pfizer's COVID vaccine in teens and myocarditis: What you ...

It's been a little more than a month since adolescents as young as 12 became eligible in the United States to receive the Pfizer vaccine against COVID-19, and nearly all reports have been positive:...​

COVID Vaccines In Teens And Myocarditis: What You Need To Know

Jun 17, 2021A teen gets a dose of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine last month at Holtz Children's Hospital in Miami. Nearly 7 million U.S. teens and preteens (ages 12 through 17) have received at least one dose of a...​

Painless?
Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle (myocardium). Exactly how many people are affected is hard to know because it often has no symptoms.​
Many people who get myocarditis are otherwise healthy. Many things can lead to it. The best ways to prevent it are to treat infections quickly and take action to prevent them​
. . .​

Possible Complications​

If left untreated, myocarditis may lead to symptoms of heart failure, where your heart has trouble pumping blood the way it should. In rare cases, it leads to other problems, such as:​
Cardiomyopathy : The heart muscle weakens or the structure of the heart muscle changes.​
Pericarditis : Inflammation of the sac covering the heart (called the pericardium).​
Myocarditis and cardiomyopathy are leading causes of heart transplants in the U.S. In very rare cases, myocarditis can lead to sudden death.​
Painless? For most, yes. For some, seems the risk and complications would out weigh the benefits.

I'd leave it for each person to decide for themselves, that risk evaluation.

Would say that a national health emergency that could have direct and long lasting effects on the life and death of hundreds of thousands American and the US economy is definitely within the interests of the federal and state governments.

Nope, you are wrong yet again, jonny5. You have no private legal right running around infecting people.
The govn't has no legal authority to require anyone to be vaccinated, nor do they have any legal authority to know who has been or not.

Would say that a national health emergency that could have direct and long lasting effects on the life and death of hundreds of thousands American and the US economy is definitely within the interests of the federal and state governments.
the constitution says it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom