• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hezbollah vows to boost arsenal

You need to understand the terrorist mentality, for them, Israeli actions in 2006 were counted as "aggression" and not as a counter-offensive to their act.

Apocalypse, let them attack Israel again and THEN we can speak. They have NOT attacked Israel since 2006, isn't that what Israel wanted ?

Apocalypse, let them attack Israel again and THEN we can speak. They have NOT attacked Israel since 2006, isn't that what Israel wanted ?
Israel's cease-fire agreement was mostly accepted because of the UN assuring Israel that Hizballah would cease arming itself with rockets.
Hizballah has sent a message not long ago that they now have rockets that can reach Tel-Aviv and beyond it.
This means that Hizballah has a very real intention to light up the fire all over again, it's not like they've lost public support for the last time.

I do not care about their charter as much as care about their 32 page letter that they just read to the Lebanese.

Many charters have come and gone, don't you think that actions count more than words ?

They haven't fired a single rocket on Israeli towns since 2006 and they are now talking about DEFENSIVE measures and not OFFENCIVE.

If they ever fire another rocket on Israel, THEN we can speak about the application of the charter.

What foolishness to not consider the nature of the beast one is dealing with.

Israel's cease-fire agreement was mostly accepted because of the UN assuring Israel that Hizballah would cease arming itself with rockets.
Hizballah has sent a message not long ago that they now have rockets that can reach Tel-Aviv and beyond it.
This means that Hizballah has a very real intention to light up the fire all over again, it's not like they've lost public support for the last time.

That's what I said and I think you're refusing to understand. LET THEM FIRTS FIRE ONE SINGLE ROCKET AT ISRAEL AND WE WILL TALK AFTER THAT.

Are you saying that Israel is going to stage a preemptive attack against Lebanon in order to get rid of Hizbollah ? In 2006 it launched a defensive attack and Hizbollah is still there. What are you sugesting should be done ?
I'm all ears.

That's what I said and I think you're refusing to understand. LET THEM FIRTS FIRE ONE SINGLE ROCKET AT ISRAEL AND WE WILL TALK AFTER THAT.

Are you saying that Israel is going to stage a preemptive attack against Lebanon in order to get rid of Hizbollah ? In 2006 it launched a defensive attack and Hizbollah is still there. What are you sugesting should be done ?
I'm all ears.
Things are different now.
Hizballah is part of the Lebanese coalition.
An attack on Israel would mean State of Lebanon attacking State of Israel, that's a war between states, and if the state of Lebanon would target civilians.

Things are different now.
Hizballah is part of the Lebanese coalition.
An attack on Israel would mean State of Lebanon attacking State of Israel, that's a war between states, and if the state of Lebanon would target civilians.

Hizbollah has been in the government for ages and already was in the government in 2006. The coalition that Hizbollah and the Christians formed did NOT win the elections. The current government is pro-Western.

Hizbollah has been in the government for ages and already was in the government in 2006. The coalition that Hizbollah and the Christians formed did NOT win the elections. The current government is pro-Western.
I thought you follow Lebanese politics.
Hizballah was in the opposition during 2006's Second Lebanon War.

A member of the Coalition attacking Israel is a whole different thing, it means that the government of Lebanon has attacked Israel and it equals to the State of Lebanon attacking Israel.

I thought you follow Lebanese politics.
Hizballah was in the opposition during 2006's Second Lebanon War.

A member of the Coalition attacking Israel is a whole different thing, it means that the government of Lebanon has attacked Israel and it equals to the State of Lebanon attacking Israel.

They already had seats in the Parliament in 2006.

Lebanese general election, 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Preliminary results indicated that the turnout had been as high as 55%.[4] The March 14 Alliance garnered 71 seats in the 128-member parliament, while the March 8 Alliance won 57 seats. This result is virtually the same as the result from the election in 2005. However, the March 14 alliance sees this is a moral victory over Hezbollah, who led the March 8 Alliance, and the balance of power is expected to shift in its favor.[5] Many observers expect to see the emergence of a National Unity Government similar to that created following the Doha Agreement in 2008.[6]

Despite a parliamentary loss, the leader of Hezbollah, Hassan Nasrallah, claims to have received a higher percentage of the popular vote than did the March 14 Alliance. Although this figure is non-verifiable, the minority claims that out of the total votes cast, the March 8 Alliance won 55% of the popular vote, while the parliamentary victors, the March 14 Alliance, won only 45%.[7][8]

They already had seats in the Parliament in 2006.
A parliament is not a government.
Parties that gain a specific number of votes in elections get seats in the parliament.
From the parliament, the prime minister and his elected party join up with other parties from the Parliament that they select, and form the coalition, which is the government of the nation.
The parties in the parliament that were not chosen are forming the opposition.
Hizballah, until a few weeks ago, was never in the Lebanese government, but in the Lebanese Parliament.
It was never in the Lebanese coalition, but in the Lebanese opposition.

A brief lesson about state and law.

Lebanese general election, 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Preliminary results indicated that the turnout had been as high as 55%.[4] The March 14 Alliance garnered 71 seats in the 128-member parliament, while the March 8 Alliance won 57 seats. This result is virtually the same as the result from the election in 2005. However, the March 14 alliance sees this is a moral victory over Hezbollah, who led the March 8 Alliance, and the balance of power is expected to shift in its favor.[5] Many observers expect to see the emergence of a National Unity Government similar to that created following the Doha Agreement in 2008.[6]

Despite a parliamentary loss, the leader of Hezbollah, Hassan Nasrallah, claims to have received a higher percentage of the popular vote than did the March 14 Alliance. Although this figure is non-verifiable, the minority claims that out of the total votes cast, the March 8 Alliance won 55% of the popular vote, while the parliamentary victors, the March 14 Alliance, won only 45%.[7][8]
Mira, a parliament is not a government, but the body that establishes and changes the rules in the nation.

The Parliament in Israel, for example, is the Knesset.
The party-members of the Parliament(Knesset) in Israel are Mertz, Hadash, Ra'am-Ta'al, Balad, Labor, Kadima, Yisrael Beyteinu, Likud, Ha'bait Ha'Yehudi, Shas, Ithadut Ha'torah and Ha'Yihud Ha'Leumi.

However, the parties that make the coalition(government) of Israel are Shas, Yisrael Beiteinu, Likud, Ithadut Ha'torah, Ha'Yihud Ha'Leumi, Labor and Ha'Bayit Ha'Yehudi.

The rest of the parties that are not part of the coalition, and hence, are part of the opposition, are:
Kadima, Hadash, Mertz, Ra'am-Ta'al, and Balad.

Hope it helped you understand.

A parliament is not a government.
Parties that gain a specific number of votes in elections get seats in the parliament.
From the parliament, the prime minister and his elected party join up with other parties from the Parliament that they select, and form the coalition, which is the government of the nation.
The parties in the parliament that were not chosen are forming the opposition.
Hizballah, until a few weeks ago, was never in the Lebanese government, but in the Lebanese Parliament.
It was never in the Lebanese coalition, but in the Lebanese opposition.

A brief lesson about state and law.

Yes, you're right, and that gives them more responsibility toward Lebanon. It's rather good news for Israel.

The more you alienate a party the more you they can legitimise guerilla activity which in this case would have been terrorism against Israel.

Yes, you're right, and that gives them more responsibility toward Lebanon. It's rather good news for Israel.

The more you alienate a party the more you they can legitimise guerilla activity which in this case would have been terrorism against Israel.
Either Hizballah would have to restrain itself from attacking Israel in the future, and especially from attacking Israeli civilians - or the State of Lebanon would have to suffer the consequences for attacking the State of Israel.

Hizballah is way more limited now.

Either Hizballah would have to restrain itself from attacking Israel in the future, and especially from attacking Israeli civilians - or the State of Lebanon would have to suffer the consequences for attacking the State of Israel.

Hizballah is way more limited now.

We're just going around in circles Apocalypse and basically saying the same thing. That's what I've been saying since the beginning; they have not fired since 2006, their last declaration was very positive and if they ever fire again (which I don't think they will) we'll talk about it then.

By the way, Lebanon already suffered the consequences in 2006. So I suppose that even if a faction of I don't know which party infiltrates into Lebanon and fires rockets into Israel, Israel will destroy all of Lebanon. Collective punishment, an Israeli specialty. Or am I wrong ?

Last edited:
By the way, you got me all mixed up when you called the government a coalition. It's the unity government. There is the March 8 coalition and the March 14 alliance. Hell, even I get mixed up between coalition, alliance, unity :doh

Let them get their act together and push the country forward, that's all waht matters to me.

By the way, you got me all mixed up when you called the government a coalition. It's the unity government. There is the March 8 coalition and the March 14 alliance. Hell, even I get mixed up between coalition, alliance, unity :doh

Let them get their act together and push the country forward, that's all waht matters to me.
A government, by definition, is a coalition of parties that act as the administrating entity of the state.

A government, by definition, is a coalition of parties that act as the administrating entity of the state.

Shaisus !! that sounds serious, I'm scared now :shock:

The Lebanese should ty to help their victimised neighbours in every way possible but first they should make sure it is not effecting them in any way.

Back
Top Bottom