• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hezbollah vows to boost arsenal

You were proven wrong repeatedly. Kindly cease your bull****.

i will cease asking the question when facts are offered instead of opinion

but i get it

the facts are not with you

all you have to offer are erroneous opinions

You must be one of John Kerry's aides; I voted for it, and against it, then i was for it, but not maybe... :roll:

You voted against them, but support them and are happy they are part of the lebanese government?

Huh?

There'sv a simple thing that you can do. Click on my name, then "find more posts by Mira" then if you are able to find one single post where I said I "support Hizbollah" please point it out to me and you'll get a box of candy.

What I'm saying mister is that Hizbollah are Lebanese and they represent much of the Shi'ite population of Lebanon. They are in the government and doing a fine job at that. If they seize their attacks against Israel, which they have since 2006, they will simply continue to be part of the Lebanese structure.

You have to remember that the country went thourgh 15 years of war and there remained hardly any fraction that was not armed and supported by an outside force.

The Christian Phalangist party that was created in the model of the Nazi youth was armed and trained by Israel. They are part of the government as well.

National unitity is just that, national unity, all the parties are reresented. What I'm saying is that all parties represented in the government should from now on concentrate on building the country and helping it prosper and to quit fighting proxy wars on Lebanese soil.

i will cease asking the question when facts are offered instead of opinion

but i get it

the facts are not with you

all you have to offer are erroneous opinions

I offered you three very valid pieces of evidence. You ignored it. That isn't my fault.

There'sv a simple thing that you can do. Click on my name, then "find more posts by Mira" then if you are able to find one single post where I said I "support Hizbollah" please point it out to me and you'll get a box of candy.

What I'm saying mister is that Hizbollah are Lebanese and they represent much of the Shi'ite population of Lebanon. They are in the government and doing a fine job at that. If they seize their attacks against Israel, which they have since 2006, they will simply continue to be part of the Lebanese structure.

You have to remember that the country went thourgh 15 years of war and there remained hardly any fraction that was not armed and supported by an outside force.

The Christian Phalangist party that was created in the model of the Nazi youth was armed and trained by Israel. They are part of the government as well.

National unitity is just that, national unity, all the parties are reresented. What I'm saying is that all parties represented in the government should from now on concentrate on building the country and helping it prosper and to quit fighting proxy wars on Lebanese soil.

I would like to see Iran's influence removed from Lebanon. Iran is a terror state. They can do nothing constructive for Lebanon.

I would like to see Iran's influence removed from Lebanon. Iran is a terror state. They can do nothing constructive for Lebanon.

Fate would have it that your ideology is juxtaposed to the ideologues of the past 9 years.

Iran is going to have a large claim in the future of Iraq. Sadr will be back, as an Ayatollah (trained in Tehran) and will replace Sistani.

Fate would have it that your ideology is juxtaposed to the ideologues of the past 9 years.

Iran is going to have a large claim in the future of Iraq. Sadr will be back, as an Ayatollah (trained in Tehran) and will replace Sistani.

I doubt it.

Al Sistani will not be replaced by a nazi douchebag like Sadr. Sadr will die long before that happens.

I doubt it.

Al Sistani will not be replaced by a nazi douchebag like Sadr. Sadr will die long before that happens.

Your malcontent is noted, but that doesn't stop the fact he will appear like Hassan Nasrallah (Hizb'Allah leader) once it's his turn.

From 1987-1990 (roughly) Nasrallah was in Qom, Iran.
Before that he was in Iraq studying under Sadr's father Ayatollah Sadr (who was actually not such a bad fellow).

al-Sadr (Junior) is now in Qom, Iran. Studying to become Ayatollah. You can tell whenever a cleric is looking to become political, they always end up in Iran "studying". Nodoubt studying how to oppress people.

Don't forget. That Sadr still has an army in Iraq.

Except all of the other factions agreed long ago to disarm, and the hez terrorists refused, over and over. Then the UN demanded they disarm, and they still refuse today, even after being directly ordered to do so in 1701.

They are also continuing to operate a state-within-a-state, running a secondary, hidden telecommunications network (that i've mentioned several times which you refuse to acknowledge) that is used to spy on other lebanese as well as attacked other lebanese last year, which you also continue to ignore.

Doesn't sound like a political party to me - more like a terrorist group - and you sound awfully alot like an apologizer/sycophant for them.

Only if you knew who Haifa Wehbeh is you would have understood that LoneWolf is being ironic.

And plus, it is the USA and Israel who consider Hizbollah a terrorist organisation and as far as I know, the USA and Israel do not represent the entire world.

I'm not a Hizbollah supporter, but I wouldn't go as far as comparing them to the Nazis. Their fight against Israel's presence in Lebanon was totally legitimate, firing rockets on to Israeli towns is not.
was their attack on embassies legitimate?

Except all of the other factions agreed long ago to disarm, and the hez terrorists refused, over and over. Then the UN demanded they disarm, and they still refuse today, even after being directly ordered to do so in 1701.

They are also continuing to operate a state-within-a-state, running a secondary, hidden telecommunications network (that i've mentioned several times which you refuse to acknowledge) that is used to spy on other lebanese as well as attacked other lebanese last year, which you also continue to ignore.

Doesn't sound like a political party to me - more like a terrorist group - and you sound awfully alot like an apologizer/sycophant for them.

No matter how hard you stamp your feet, they remain Lebanese and they will be part of the government.

They are terrorists as long as they attack Israeli civilain targets which they haven't done since 2006.

Their 32 page statement that Nasrallah recently read to the Lebanese calls for NATIONAL UNITY and the DEFENCE from Israel and not OFFENSE.
I have the full text right here in a Lebanese newspaper.

And please keep your insults to yourself.

I offered you three very valid pieces of evidence. You ignored it. That isn't my fault.

learn to distinguish between opinion and fact and then get back to me

You still haven't responded to rogerredy's previous post with sources? If you're going to dispute people's arguments at least acknowledge sources that come into conflict against your predisposition to the situation.

You still haven't responded to rogerredy's previous post with sources? If you're going to dispute people's arguments at least acknowledge sources that come into conflict against your predisposition to the situation.

you too. distinguish between opinion and fact

bring facts to the table

i won't waste my time dealing with your team's propaganda

you too. distinguish between opinion and fact

bring facts to the table

i won't waste my time dealing with your team's propaganda

Oh, I have a team?

I'm glad you're able to label me as such. You fail to debate, you fail to present your own facts, you fail to present coherent posts, you fail to acknowledge others posts.

Distinguish between opinion and fact, now, what do you want me to Distinguish between opinion and fact?

I was merely stating that you hadn't responded to the sources someone assembled for you.

No matter how hard you stamp your feet, they remain Lebanese and they will be part of the government. They are terrorists as long as they attack Israeli civilain targets which they haven't done since 2006. Their 32 page statement that Nasrallah recently read to the Lebanese calls for NATIONAL UNITY and the DEFENCE from Israel and not OFFENSE.
I have the full text right here in a Lebanese newspaper. And please keep your insults to yourself.

You continue to ignore these fundamental facts:

1) Iran controls hezboolah
2) Hezboolah has built, amongst other things, a separate and distinct communications network to spy on other people in lebanon
3) attacked other lebanese last year murdering several people
4) set up check points in lebanon during the 2008 attacks on other lebanese

You keep your head in the sand, terror apologizer, and we'll keep reviewing the facts as they come in.

Thanks for your time, and have a great day.

Last edited:
You continue to ignore these fundamental facts:

1) Iran controls hezboolah
2) Hezboolah has built, amongst other things, a separate and distinct communications network to spy on other people in lebanon
3) attacked other lebanese last year murdering several people
4) set up check points in lebanon during the 2008 attacks on other lebanese

You keep your head in the sand, terror apologizer, and we'll keep reviewing the facts as they come in.

Thanks for your time, and have a great day.

I ask you again kindly to keep your insults to yourself.

1) If we eliminate every party that served a foreign interest, there will be absolutely not a single party or a person left in Lebanon

2) They don't spy on other Lebanese and yes, they have a TV station so does Hariri "Future TV"

3) It was a show of force to make a point that they will not disarm

4) Same as above.

You forget a minor detail that Hizbollah is MUCH stronger than the Lebanese army, so the Lebanese government CANNOT disarm them. In short, military power against them will only lead to a civil war and in the end the Hizbollah will win.

They have not fired a single rocket on Israel since 2006, dipolomacy is working quite well, so what exactly is your problem ?

I was military.... I know what goes on and why.

Al Sadr is a security threat. His Madi militia is all but gone. Sadr ran like a coward to Iran.

He will NOT be allowed to become a bigger threat. Accept it and move on.

1) If we eliminate every party that served a foreign interest, there will be absolutely not a single party or a person left in Lebanon

There are shades of gray, and while SA might be helping sunnis there, they are not interfering anywhere near the same degree as iran, who has murdered dozens of journalists and politicians there.

As for the US, it is helping train the lebanese army, not a specific faction.

2) They don't spy on other Lebanese and yes, they have a TV station so does Hariri "Future TV"

Oh no? You are mistaken:

Walid Phares : 'Hezbollah's Communication Network Confirms Its Terror Goals' : World Defense Review
Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Row over Hezbollah phone network

3) It was a show of force to make a point that they will not disarm / 4) Same as above.

So it is alright for them to attack other lebanese?

Is that also a form of "resistance"? Is that how "democracies," as you claim lebanon is - function where one party can militarily attack another? Or in this case, one faction can attack not only the other parties, but the gov't itself?

And you sit there lying to us that lebanon is a representative republic?

You forget a minor detail that Hizbollah is MUCH stronger than the Lebanese army, so the Lebanese government CANNOT disarm them. In short, military power against them will only lead to a civil war and in the end the Hizbollah will win.

You do not get that a sovereign nation - let alone a democracy - cannot function when it is held hostage by a single faction, funded, trained and controlled by an external enemy power.

They have not fired a single rocket on Israel since 2006, dipolomacy is working quite well, so what exactly is your problem ?

Because they got their head handed to them by israel, who has re-attained the deterrant element some people thought it had lost.

There are shades of gray, and while SA might be helping sunnis there, they are not interfering anywhere near the same degree as iran, who has murdered dozens of journalists and politicians there.

As for the US, it is helping train the lebanese army, not a specific faction.

Oh no? You are mistaken:

Walid Phares : 'Hezbollah's Communication Network Confirms Its Terror Goals' : World Defense Review
Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Row over Hezbollah phone network

So it is alright for them to attack other lebanese?

Is that also a form of "resistance"? Is that how "democracies," as you claim lebanon is - function where one party can militarily attack another? Or in this case, one faction can attack not only the other parties, but the gov't itself?

And you sit there lying to us that lebanon is a representative republic?

You do not get that a sovereign nation - let alone a democracy - cannot function when it is held hostage by a single faction, funded, trained and controlled by an external enemy power.

Because they got their head handed to them by israel, who has re-attained the deterrant element some people thought it had lost.

This can go on forever. I repeat:

I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIZBOLLAH
I NEVER SUPPORTED HIZBOLLAH
AS LONG AS HIZBOLLAH DOES NOT FIRE ROCKETS ON ISRAELI TOWNS HIZBOLLAH BECOMES A LEBANESE INTERNAL AFFAIR

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ??????

LET THE LEBANESE HANDLE THEIR FRIGGING INTERNAL PROBLEMS !!!

SHEEEEEEESH !!!!!

This can go on forever. I repeat:

I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIZBOLLAH
I NEVER SUPPORTED HIZBOLLAH
AS LONG AS HIZBOLLAH DOES NOT FIRE ROCKETS ON ISRAELI TOWNS HIZBOLLAH BECOMES A LEBANESE INTERNAL AFFAIR

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ??????

LET THE LEBANESE HANDLE THEIR FRIGGING INTERNAL PROBLEMS !!!

SHEEEEEEESH !!!!!

Pray! Clam thyself!

The problem is that Hizb'Allah IS firing rockets on Israeli Towns, and the Lebanese authorities are too weak to make a stand. Whether your support them or not is immaterial.

Pray! Clam thyself!

The problem is that Hizb'Allah IS firing rockets on Israeli Towns, and the Lebanese authorities are too weak to make a stand. Whether your support them or not is immaterial.

Hizbollah has NOT fired a single rocket on Israeli towns since 2006 and I STILL do not support Hizbollah.

I realise though that they represent much of the Shi'ite population in Lebanon who have always been treated as second class citizens in their own country, so I'm not against Hizbollah and Amal to have members in the government and to represent the Shi'ite population, I'm all for it. You're not making the difference between Hizbollah the Political party and the MILITARY branch of Hizbollah.

I'm not against Hizbollah and Amal to have members in the government and to represent the Shi'ite population, I'm all for it. .

So, you are all for this, then, taken directly from their charter:

The Necessity for the Destruction of Israel.

We see in Israel the vanguard of the United States in our Islamic world. It is the hated enemy that must be fought until the hated ones get what they deserve. This enemy is the greatest danger to our future generations and to the destiny of our lands, particularly as it glorifies the ideas of settlement and expansion, initiated in Palestine, and yearning outward to the extension of the Great Israel, from the Euphrates to the Nile.

Our primary assumption in our fight against Israel states that the Zionist entity is aggressive from its inception, and built on lands wrested from their owners, at the expense of the rights of the Muslim people. Therefore our struggle will end only when this entity is obliterated. We recognize no treaty with it, no cease fire, and no peace agreements, whether separate or consolidated.

We vigorously condemn all plans for negotiation with Israel, and regard all negotiators as enemies, for the reason that such negotiation is nothing but the recognition of the legitimacy of the Zionist occupation of Palestine. Therefore we oppose and reject the Camp David Agreements, the proposals of King Fahd, the Fez and Reagan plan, Brezhnev's and the French-Egyptian proposals, and all other programs that include the recognition (even the implied recognition) of the Zionist entity."

So, you are all for this, then, taken directly from their charter:

The Necessity for the Destruction of Israel.

We see in Israel the vanguard of the United States in our Islamic world. It is the hated enemy that must be fought until the hated ones get what they deserve. This enemy is the greatest danger to our future generations and to the destiny of our lands, particularly as it glorifies the ideas of settlement and expansion, initiated in Palestine, and yearning outward to the extension of the Great Israel, from the Euphrates to the Nile.

Our primary assumption in our fight against Israel states that the Zionist entity is aggressive from its inception, and built on lands wrested from their owners, at the expense of the rights of the Muslim people. Therefore our struggle will end only when this entity is obliterated. We recognize no treaty with it, no cease fire, and no peace agreements, whether separate or consolidated.

We vigorously condemn all plans for negotiation with Israel, and regard all negotiators as enemies, for the reason that such negotiation is nothing but the recognition of the legitimacy of the Zionist occupation of Palestine. Therefore we oppose and reject the Camp David Agreements, the proposals of King Fahd, the Fez and Reagan plan, Brezhnev's and the French-Egyptian proposals, and all other programs that include the recognition (even the implied recognition) of the Zionist entity."

I do not care about their charter as much as care about their 32 page letter that they just read to the Lebanese.

Many charters have come and gone, don't you think that actions count more than words ?

They haven't fired a single rocket on Israeli towns since 2006 and they are now talking about DEFENSIVE measures and not OFFENCIVE.

If they ever fire another rocket on Israel, THEN we can speak about the application of the charter.

I do not care about their charter as much as care about their 32 page letter that they just read to the Lebanese.

Many charters have come and gone, don't you think that actions count more than words ?

They haven't fired a single rocket on Israeli towns since 2006 and they are now talking about DEFENSIVE measures and not OFFENCIVE.

If they ever fire another rocket on Israel, THEN we can speak about the application of the charter.
You need to understand the terrorist mentality, for them, Israeli actions in 2006 were counted as "aggression" and not as a counter-offensive to their act.

Back
Top Bottom