• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hezbollah vows to boost arsenal

Heh. Every government does crazy **** once in a while. This is par for the course. :)

Oh well ....

Politics is a pain in the ass!

Exactly, and it's not bad becuase it flames debates in the Lebanese society. If Hizbollah hadn't provoked the Gad El-Maleh scandal, there wouldn't be thousands of Lebanese signing petitions, creating Facebook groups and urging a Jewsih comedian to change his mind and to perform in a an art festival.

I just thought Isreal was trying to grab up Palestianian land. I didn't know they we're planning to grab Lebonese acreage too! :shock: Why are the Lebonese so afraid of them? It's the Palestinians that should be building up their rock piles.

where is this evidence of state sponsored terrorism

given that iran is pre-eminent in this regard, as you have presented, then there must me equally massive amounts of evidence attesting to that state sponsored terrorism

so here is the challenge. show that evidence to me and anyone else who is receptive to being shown the truth

According to Michael Scheuer, former CIA officer:
State-sponsored terrorism came in the middle-1970s, and ... its heyday was in the 1980s and early-'90s. And typically, the definition of a state sponsor of terrorism is a country that uses surrogates as its weapon to attack other people. The primary example to this day is Iran and Lebanese Hezbollah. Hezbollah, in the nomenclature of the discussion, would be the surrogate of Iran.

Full Article: Iran and Terrorism - State Sponsored Terrorism in Iran

Iran and Syria, Hezbollah's foreign sponsors, may hold the key to resolving the violence in Lebanon, or they may play a part in the escalation of the conflict. Syria has received the lion's share of international attention, but Tehran's role in supporting Hezbollah and other terrorist groups is also crucial. Even though Iran is hundreds of miles away from Lebanon, it helped nurture Hezbollah in its early years and even today exercises considerable ideological and operational influence. The Lebanese terrorist organization is the most deadly creation of the clerical regime in Tehran, but it is only one of the many groups that Iran supports. Confusing this picture further, Tehran's backing of terrorist groups has changed considerably in the last decade.

Full Article: Understanding Iran's use of terrorism. - By Daniel Byman - Slate Magazine

Interpol, Iran And Terrorism 30 November 2007
This month, at the request of the government of Argentina, the international police agency Interpol served five Iranians and a Lebanese national with so-called “Red Notices.” The Red Notices put the six men on the equivalent of an international most-wanted list. The five Iranians include a former Iranian intelligence minister, a former head of the Revolutionary Guards Corps, and a Revolutionary Guard Corps general. The Lebanese national, Imad Moughnieh, is a senior Hezbollah operative.

Full Article: VOA News - Interpol, Iran And Terrorism

Any other questions?

Exactly, and it's not bad becuase it flames debates in the Lebanese society. If Hizbollah hadn't provoked the Gad El-Maleh scandal, there wouldn't be thousands of Lebanese signing petitions, creating Facebook groups and urging a Jewsih comedian to change his mind and to perform in a an art festival.

What's wrong with a jewish comedian?

A little cross-border exchance cannot be all that bad.

What's wrong with a jewish comedian?

A little cross-border exchance cannot be all that bad.

Precisely, and that's why the Lebanese were VERY upset when the Jewsih comedian cancelled his show.
Gad El-Maleh isn't Israeli by the way, Hizbollah only found a stupid picture of a man who looks like El-Maleh wearing an IDF uniform. That's why they wanted to prevent him from performing.

I just thought Isreal was trying to grab up Palestianian land. I didn't know they we're planning to grab Lebonese acreage too! :shock: Why are the Lebonese so afraid of them? It's the Palestinians that should be building up their rock piles.

The Litani waters cold be a reason ?

When Chaim Weizmann and David Ben-Gurion attended the 1919 Paris Peace Conference ending World War I, they presented a map containing the boundaries of their hoped-for Jewish state. The map included what is now Lebanon's Litani River (see top right of map).

Weizmann went on to become Israel's first president, and Ben-Gurion its first prime minister, when that country was established in 1948. While the two had achieved great success in international geopolitics, they had failed to garner the Litani for Israel. The reason for their failure was the secret SykesPicot Treaty of 1915, under which Britain and France already had fixed the border between Lebanon and Palestine. At France's insistence, Sykes-Picot was upheld at the Paris conference, and the Litani went to Lebanon.

Israel dubbed its March 14, 1978 invasion of southern Lebanon "Operation Litani," with the stated objective of clearing out Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) bases south of the Litani River in order to secure northern Israel. Its 1982 invasion of Lebanon had the added goal of gaining access to the waters of the Litani. To end the Israeli siege of Beirut, the PLO was rapidly evacuated to Tunisia, and Israel eventually retreated from the Lebanese capital. Yet it never fully withdrew from southern Lebanon until 2000, under pressure from Hezbollah — and 22 years after being ordered to do so by U.N. Security Council Resolution 425.…

http://www.britannica.com/bps/addit...srael-Southern-Lebanon-Means-the-Litani-River

According to Michael Scheuer, former CIA officer:
State-sponsored terrorism came in the middle-1970s, and ... its heyday was in the 1980s and early-'90s. And typically, the definition of a state sponsor of terrorism is a country that uses surrogates as its weapon to attack other people. The primary example to this day is Iran and Lebanese Hezbollah. Hezbollah, in the nomenclature of the discussion, would be the surrogate of Iran.

Full Article: Iran and Terrorism - State Sponsored Terrorism in Iran

Iran and Syria, Hezbollah's foreign sponsors, may hold the key to resolving the violence in Lebanon, or they may play a part in the escalation of the conflict. Syria has received the lion's share of international attention, but Tehran's role in supporting Hezbollah and other terrorist groups is also crucial. Even though Iran is hundreds of miles away from Lebanon, it helped nurture Hezbollah in its early years and even today exercises considerable ideological and operational influence. The Lebanese terrorist organization is the most deadly creation of the clerical regime in Tehran, but it is only one of the many groups that Iran supports. Confusing this picture further, Tehran's backing of terrorist groups has changed considerably in the last decade.

Full Article: Understanding Iran's use of terrorism. - By Daniel Byman - Slate Magazine

Interpol, Iran And Terrorism 30 November 2007
This month, at the request of the government of Argentina, the international police agency Interpol served five Iranians and a Lebanese national with so-called “Red Notices.” The Red Notices put the six men on the equivalent of an international most-wanted list. The five Iranians include a former Iranian intelligence minister, a former head of the Revolutionary Guards Corps, and a Revolutionary Guard Corps general. The Lebanese national, Imad Moughnieh, is a senior Hezbollah operative.

Full Article: VOA News - Interpol, Iran And Terrorism

Any other questions?

yes, i have questions ... the same ones

where is the EVIDENCE that iran is committing acts of terrorism as a state sponsor

i see lots of speculation in your cites, but nothing in the form of evidence

lots of propaganda, but still no evidence

so, show us what you've got ... if anything

The Israelies attack civilin infrastructure undeer the control of Hamas. Since Hamas is a terrorist group, anything controlled by Hamas is a VALID target.

Don't like it? Tell Hamas to get the hell out of Gaza!

When Hamas is gone fewer Palestinian children will die. When the Palestinian people learn to love their children MORE than they hate the Israelies, FEWER PALESTINIAN CHILDREN WILL DIE.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO JUSTIFY HAMAS.

Don't forget how hamas was found using a hospital basement as a command HQ post during the jan war.

Hamas knows israel won't flatten the place on top of them, so they entirely disregard international law and conduct attacks from there.

Israel and other nations are slowly updating/modernizing the rules of engagement, when that happens hamas and hezbbolah are screwed.

OMG it's getting better and better. Hizbollah are Lebanese my dear, dear Vader, send them back to where ?????

Including the iranian soldiers fighting on behalf of hezboolah operating the advanced missile launchers?

You mean this hezboolah:

Nasrallah's Deputy Admits Iranian Control on Hezbollah's Operations - The Terrorist's Nightmare

"Nasrallah's Deputy Admits Iranian Control on Hezbollah's Operations"

Iran assuming Mughniyeh role inside Hezbollah - Haaretz - Israel News

"Iran assuming Mughniyeh role inside Hezbollah"

Including the iranian soldiers fighting on behalf of hezboolah operating the advanced missile launchers?

You mean this hezboolah:

Nasrallah's Deputy Admits Iranian Control on Hezbollah's Operations - The Terrorist's Nightmare

"Nasrallah's Deputy Admits Iranian Control on Hezbollah's Operations"

"Iran assuming Mughniyeh role inside Hezbollah"

Did I say that Hizbollah is not supported by Iran ? You went into all that trouble to show me what I already know and already said on this very thread :doh

why is iran not entitled to assert its brand of political influence?

Aren't you the one who complained the US took out mossadegh?

Aren't you the one who complained the US interfered in south american affairs?

Aren't you the one who complained the US is meddling in the mideast?

Aren't you?

And iran's "influence' is murder and terrorism.

Hizbollah as part of the government is just fine believe me. As long as they don't mess with Israel, they happen to be free of any corruption, very efficient and serious when it comes to dealing with internal affairs and making valid propositions for the well being of the country. They do come up with the most insane ideas sometimes (Gad El Maleh case and their opposition to study the Anne Frank diary in schools) but overall they're doing fine.

So when they attacked the other factions last year, you were ok with that as well?

where is the EVIDENCE that iran is committing acts of terrorism as a state sponsor

The REAL question is what evidence presented to you won't elicit the typical internet teen respons:

-"that web site is biased"
-"that isn't REAL proof"
-"that is not a MSM news source"
-"x-person couldn't know that because he is not...a)iranian b) muslim c) living in the mideast
-"you made that up"

Since terror-sponsoring gov'ts usually do not stand in front of news conferences proclaiming their guilt, investigative research must be performed - and has been. Which explains the interpol arrest warrants for iranian officials.

So when they attacked the other factions last year, you were ok with that as well?

Hold on a second, as well ??? as well as what ? please explain

Noop, I wans't

So then how could you accept them serving in lebanon's gov't?

They militarily attacked the other parties after their spying electronic network was discovered, and the heat on iran was ratcheding up.

A party whose allegience is to another nation is a group of dogs; worthless traitors.

And these murderers, responsible for Hariri's death are who you are comfortable with serving in leadership roles?

So then how could you accept them serving in lebanon's gov't?

They militarily attacked the other parties after their spying electronic network was discovered, and the heat on iran was ratcheding up.

A party whose allegience is to another nation is a group of dogs; worthless traitors.

And these murderers, responsible for Hariri's death are who you are comfortable with serving in leadership roles?

Scroll up a few pages. I have already answered this question.

Hizbollah has never been accused of Hariri's death by the way.

And, Hizbollah is not the only party who's allegience is to another nation.

remember Bachir Gemayel ? The Christian Phlangist party who was formed in the model of the Nazi youth and ironically armed and trained by Israel ?

+ you're talking as if I was a Hizbollah supporter. I voted against them. oieeee

The REAL question is what evidence presented to you won't elicit the typical internet teen respons:

-"that web site is biased"
-"that isn't REAL proof"
-"that is not a MSM news source"
-"x-person couldn't know that because he is not...a)iranian b) muslim c) living in the mideast
-"you made that up"
well, you can actually post some evidence
how about facts
or maybe substance

but all you offer in response to my request for proof is opinion

that only tells me that your side is without the evidence to support your conclusions

Since terror-sponsoring gov'ts usually do not stand in front of news conferences proclaiming their guilt, investigative research must be performed - and has been. Which explains the interpol arrest warrants for iranian officials.

saudis were at the helm ogf the 9/11 aircraft. using your "logic" we would then conclude that saudi arabia is a terrorist state

you have only proven to me that you are willing to swallow

the reich wing propaganda

how about facts or maybe substance

#1) Iran funds hamas, trains them and provides them with armaments, who then in turn uses them in attacks against civilians. This fact is not in dispute.

#2) iran funds, trains hezboolah, and arms them - who then in turn uses them in attacks against civilians. Iran is also now in total control of them. These facts are not in dispute.

#3) iran regularly murders its own citizens, as it has over the past few months after the fraudulent june elections. This fact is not in dispute.

#4) iran is responsible for the 1983 Beirut bombings of the US Marine barracks and embassy. This fact is not in dispute.

#5) Iran is responsible for the Khobar tower bombing in Saudi Arabia. This fact is not in dispute.

#6) iran is responsible for murdering many of its citizens abroad in europe. This fact is not in dispute.

#7) iran is continuing to enrich uranium despite 3 UNSC resolutions ordering it to stop, and a recent IAEA report strongly condemning it. This fact is not in dispute.

#8) Iran regularly trains and funds terrorist proxies across the middle east that conduct suicide bombings and other attacks, including inside iraq. This fact is not in dispute.

#9) iran is responsible for the 2 argentinian bombings in 1992 and 1994 against civilian targets. This fact is not in dispute.

There you go.

Last edited:
+ you're talking as if I was a Hizbollah supporter. I voted against them. oieeee

You must be one of John Kerry's aides; I voted for it, and against it, then i was for it, but not maybe... :roll:

You voted against them, but support them and are happy they are part of the lebanese government?

Huh?

justabubba said:
how about facts or maybe substance
#1) Iran funds hamas, trains them and provides them with armaments, who then in turn uses them in attacks against civilians. This fact is not in dispute.

#2) iran funds, trains hezboolah, and arms them - who then in turn uses them in attacks against civilians. Iran is also now in total control of them. These facts are not in dispute.

#3) iran regularly murders its own citizens, as it has over the past few months after the fraudulent june elections. This fact is not in dispute.

#4) iran is responsible for the 1983 Beirut bombings of the US Marine barracks and embassy. This fact is not in dispute.

#5) Iran is responsible for the Khobar tower bombing in Saudi Arabia. This fact is not in dispute.

#6) iran is responsible for murdering many of its citizens abroad in europe. This fact is not in dispute.

#7) iran is continuing to enrich uranium despite 3 UNSC resolutions ordering it to stop, and a recent IAEA report strongly condemning it. This fact is not in dispute.

#8) Iran regularly trains and funds terrorist proxies across the middle east that conduct suicide bombings and other attacks, including inside iraq. This fact is not in dispute.

#9) iran is responsible for the 2 argentinian bombings in 1992 and 1994 against civilian targets. This fact is not in dispute.

There you go.

Well that's certainly more substance and knowledge than you'll ever get in return/rebuttal!
But evidence rarely changes minds on message boards
Occassionally it changes a rationale, but Never a Bias.

In fact, even after people have been rebutted 100% on a specific point, they will repeat flasehoods Daily without even bothering to change the rationale/Bias.
Watch!

Last edited:
yes, it is in dispute. offer your proof

There you go.
yes. more of the same. unfounded conclusions without any form of proof. propaganda

now, get us some evidence to support your allegations

HAMAS Funding

Hamas Gets $50 M Boost From Iran - CBS News

International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran – Three Sentenced to Death in Post-Election ?Show Trials?

Global Voices Online Martyrs of Iranian protests remembered online

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombing]1983 Beirut barracks bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khobar_Towers_bombing]Khobar Towers bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Mr. Taha Kermanj - Iran Human Rights Memorial

AFP: Iran will enrich uranium to 20%: Ahmadinejad

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Guide: Armed groups in Iraq

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_insurgency]Iraqi insurgency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

http://www.rferl.org/content/Interv...rgentina_Bombing_Implicates_Iran/1810228.html

There you go.

Last edited:

You were just shown plenty of evidence of a WELL KNOWN FACT.

yes. more of the same. unfounded conclusions without any form of proof. propaganda

now, get us some evidence to support your allegations

You were proven wrong repeatedly. Kindly cease your bull****.

Back
Top Bottom