• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hezbollah vows to boost arsenal

Y'all won't be trusted unless you open up diplomatic ties. Israel gets smacked around too often by the unseen dangers that are "transparent".

Borders closed, international observers, Hizbollah won't mess with them anymore, the Lebanese control those who want to use Lebanese soil to attack Israel the way they did in Nahr El Bared refugee camp last year and that's it !!

I just don't want our countries to make peace or war. What's so complicated about that ?

Borders closed, international observers, Hizbollah won't mess with them anymore, the Lebanese control those who want to use Lebanese soil to attack Israel the way they did in Nahr El Bared refugee camp last year and that's it !!

I just don't want our countries to make peace or war. What's so complicated about that ?

The problem is that you are taking the mindset of a couple who didn't get along too well and ended their relationship; you wish "it" never happened. You want to go back to a time where there was not "Lebanon and Israel" that there was just "Lebanon" and there was just "Israel". It's cute, but not realistic.

You can't play Government with a foreign policy that ignores your neighbor. That's ridiculous.

The problem is that you are taking the mindset of a couple who didn't get along too well and ended their relationship; you wish "it" never happened. You want to go back to a time where there was not "Lebanon and Israel" that there was just "Lebanon" and there was just "Israel". It's cute, but not realistic.

You can't play Government with a foreign policy that ignores your neighbor. That's ridiculous.

to put it bluntly, I don't want to see this kind of hypocritical ****e between us and them

benjamin-netanyahu-yasser-arafat-2430-20090227-72.jpg

just an agreement that we will not mess with each other, live and let live.

to put it bluntly, I don't want to see this kind of hypocritical ****e between us and them

benjamin-netanyahu-yasser-arafat-2430-20090227-72.jpg

just an agreement that we will not mess with each other, live and let live.

Why? they look so cute together :2razz:
Anyway, if Haifa Wehbi supports Hezbolla, I support Hezbollah too!
(7assoneh o le7yeto <3 )

Your position Mira gets me wondering when democracy finally prevails in places like Egypt and Jordan what would be the US/Israel reaction to the ending of both the Israel-Jordan and Israel-Egypt peace agreements.

Why? they look so cute together :2razz:
(7assoneh o le7yeto <3 )

Your position Mira gets me wondering when democracy finally prevails in places like Egypt and Jordan what would be the US/Israel reaction to the ending of both the Israel-Jordan and Israel-Egypt peace agreements.

LOL, yes, they look very cute together :doh

As a Lebanese, I don't have to live with them (I mean the Israeli right wing). kesh barra oo b3iid !!!!

Israel is as far from being a democracy as Egypt and Jordan are. Israel is an ETHNOCRACY ya habibi.

Let the entire region become democratic and we'll talk again.

edit: Haifa Wehbe is a Hizbollah supporter ?? holy cow !! I heard that Ziad Rahbani has become one too.

Last edited:
edit: Haifa Wehbe is a Hizbollah supporter ?? holy cow !! I heard that Ziad Rahbani has become one too.
Yes yes, she says her heart beats to 7assoneh. :)

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L8rWf8hEjM

Making peace involves shaking hands, I don't want to see my government shaking hands with the Israeli government. I really don't.

Glad to see that you've made your intentions clear for everyone.

So then stop the infantile complaining if israel crushes lebanon again, because:

1) you do not want peace with israel
2) refuse to heel the terrorist elements of lebanon who continue to provoke israel.

Clearly, you have completely surrendered any pretense of moral authority to criticize israel for any military actions defending itself from lebanese aggression.

Israel is as far from being a democracy as Egypt and Jordan are. Israel is an ETHNOCRACY

Israel was created because of the inability of christians AND muslims to stop slaughtering jews, a point which, after the mass murder and pogroms in the arab nations after 1948 should be obvious to everyone.

Let the entire region become democratic and we'll talk again.

Israel is democratic, its just not muslim majority and under muslim control, so then to a muslim fascist it is not "democratic."

I have a suggestion, you arab muslims fix your own houses first, then worry about tiny israel.

There is an arab muslim saying: "don't worry about the splinter in my eye when there is a whole forest sticking out of yours."

And another one: "an egg can break on the floor of someone's kitchen in damascus - and it is still somehow Israel's fault."

Its the same old pathetic narrow-mindedness that ensures the world will continue to advance, while the arab world falls further and further behind.

But you keep pushing that line, sister, it guarantees the status quo for another 1,000 years...

Israel was created because of the inability of christians AND muslims to stop slaughtering jews, a point which, after the mass murder and pogroms in the arab nations after 1948 should be obvious to everyone.

Really ? is that why Israel was created ? The slaughter happened in Europe and as you said the rest AFTER 1948. Don't you thnk that creation of Israel on Arab land had anythng to do with the persecution of Jews in Arab countries ?

If you want my honest opinion ? the persecution of Jews in Arab countries after the creation of Israel was one of the dummest things that the Arabs ever did. If they had been smart, they would have done everything to treat the Arab Jews even better than the rest of the population in order for them to stay. By making them flee, they only served Israel. Well done.

Israel is democratic, its just not muslim majority and under muslim control, so then to a muslim fascist it is not "democratic."

I have a suggestion, you arab muslims fix your own houses first, then worry about tiny israel.

There is an arab muslim saying: "don't worry about the splinter in my eye when there is a whole forest sticking out of yours."

And another one: "an egg can break on the floor of someone's kitchen in damascus - and it is still somehow Israel's fault."

Its the same old pathetic narrow-mindedness that ensures the world will continue to advance, while the arab world falls further and further behind.

But you keep pushing that line, sister, it guarantees the status quo for another 1,000 years...

Muslims are Fascist ? that's new to me, please explain .

Israel a democracy ? let's see

Infant mortality among Arab citizens of Israel is two and a half times higher than it is among Jewish citizens. One out of two Israeli Arab college graduates is out of work. Arabs make up 6 percent of the civil service, though they are over 15 percent of the country's citizens. National testing shows Arab fifth- and eighth-graders trailing Jewish pupils in math, science, and English, and the gap is widening. That's not surprising, since Arabs suffer much more poverty, and the national education system spends considerably more per Jewish child than per Arab child.

This a just a selection from the last few weeks' news reports on the ethnic gap in Israel.....

The standard line of the country's boosters is that it's the only democracy in the Middle East. The most concise criticism is that it is an "ethnocracy," as Israeli political geographer Oren Yiftachel argues in his 2006 book of that name. An ethnocracy, he explains, is a regime promoting "the expansion of the dominant group in contested territory … while maintaining a democratic façade." Looking at this debate in light of two new books by Israeli scholars and of a faded and remarkable document that I've just read in the Israel State Archives, it seems both sides could be right.

Is Israel a Democracy? | The American Prospect

By the way, I'm neither an Arab nor a Muslim (even though I carry an Arab passport)

Last edited:
Glad to see that you've made your intentions clear for everyone.

So then stop the infantile complaining if israel crushes lebanon again, because:

1) you do not want peace with israel
2) refuse to heel the terrorist elements of lebanon who continue to provoke israel.

Clearly, you have completely surrendered any pretense of moral authority to criticize israel for any military actions defending itself from lebanese aggression.

Have you read the rest of the thread before commenting ? Is that my position ? really ? please read before resonding to someone's position.

Last edited:
I'm glad to have shared my honest feelings about the Israeli/Lebanese relations.

I'm not surprised by some of the reactions on this thread, it sums up the position that I've always taken in this conflict. I have NEVER supported terrorism and I also have never supported collective punishment. I have ctiticised Arab regimes, my own country and Israel, when criticism was justified.

The only thing that I haven't done is PRAISE Israel, and that's why I get attacked on this forum time and again.

I do NOT want to be at war with Israel, but I do NOT want normal and friendly ties either. Just stay neutral, and leave each other alone. Could people at least accept and respect my position ? Aparently not.

Yes yes, she says her heart beats to 7assoneh. :)

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L8rWf8hEjM

7assooneh ????? would that be Hassooneh Nasrallah ??? :rofl:rofl:rofl

Never heard of it

Never heard of this sayingn either, but in most cases when I heard the "Its Israel's fault" thingy, people were usually making sense. ;)

Yes, but I doubt Israel or the US for that matter would make it or could maintain the status quo for another 1000 years.

I think you should read the link in the OP more carefully.

He is talking about DEFENCE and not OFFENCE

"The Israeli threat ... calls for Lebanon to have a defence strategy built on the presence of a popular resistance that helps to defend the country against Israeli aggression and a national army that protects the country and its stability."

Notice that there hasn't been one single rocket fired by Hizbollah toward Israel since 2006.

I wonder why the war between the Lebanese army and Fath Al Islam in the Nahr El Bared refugee camp recently did't get more attention.

Fath Al Islam is a group connected to Al Qaida which set base in Lebanon claiming that "the road to Jerusalem goes through Lebanon" in other words, their aim is to attack Israel from Lebanese soil.

The Lebanese Army faught a fierce battle with them and crushed the movement.

Some elements are believed to have infiltrated the camps in South Lebanon and that's where they have been firing rockets at Israel from.

There are definitely no intentions from Hizbollah to attack Israel. The situation now is that Lebanon is doing all it can to prevent attacks by Fath Al Islam on Israel. Hizbollah is talking about a deffensive position in case Israel attacks again and most of all it is calling for the unification of all parties in Lebanon.

He insisted that Hezbollah, which has been accused of acting as a state within a state, was keen on a united Lebanon that represents everyone.

"We want a Lebanon that is united through its land, its people, its state and institutions," Nasrallah said, rejecting any notion of the country being divided along confessional lines.

to know more about Fath Al-Islam read the following links:

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Profile: Fatah al-Islam

even though I'm not crazy about Wiki, also read this:

Fatah al-Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
(7assoneh o le7yeto <3 )
You are supporting a terrorist organization, just to let you know, on western and civilized boards, that's like announcing support for Nazism.

Israel is as far from being a democracy as Egypt and Jordan are. Israel is an ETHNOCRACY ya habibi.
Well too bad, the hoenst truth is that Israel is more of a democracy than all of the Muslim nations in this world combined, squared, multiplied by the number of the (Muslims+Chinese) in this world and squared again.

When people are allowed to call for the destruction of the state of Israel in Tel Aviv's town square, rational beings can sense the strong essence of democracy and the huge difference between it and theocracies such as Egypt and Jordan.

This is undeniable, this is unbreakable, this is a democracy.

Really ? is that why Israel was created ? The slaughter happened in Europe and as you said the rest AFTER 1948. Don't you thnk that creation of Israel on Arab land had anythng to do with the persecution of Jews in Arab countries ?
Israel was created on British land, and after a long fight for the rightful establishment of an homeland in the land by the Jewish people, who've been there for longer than 3000 years.
Israel a democracy ?
Absolutely.
Infant mortality among Arab citizens of Israel is two and a half times higher than it is among Jewish citizens. One out of two Israeli Arab college graduates is out of work. Arabs make up 6 percent of the civil service, though they are over 15 percent of the country's citizens. National testing shows Arab fifth- and eighth-graders trailing Jewish pupils in math, science, and English, and the gap is widening. That's not surprising, since Arabs suffer much more poverty, and the national education system spends considerably more per Jewish child than per Arab child.

This a just a selection from the last few weeks' news reports on the ethnic gap in Israel.....
That there is a news report on an ethnic gap in Israel and the need to close it is only a drop of water in the reasons for the strong democracy in the state of Israel.

And to reply on your try to claim that because there is a gap it means that Israel is not a democracy, just check out the statistics of the minorities in the US, I promise you that you're bound to be shocked if you honestly believe that Israel is the only democracy that has an ethnic gap.
Do check France and Britain minorities' statistics compared to the majority while you're at it.

You are supporting a terrorist organization, just to let you know, on western and civilized boards, that's like announcing support for Nazism.

Only if you knew who Haifa Wehbeh is you would have understood that LoneWolf is being ironic.

And plus, it is the USA and Israel who consider Hizbollah a terrorist organisation and as far as I know, the USA and Israel do not represent the entire world.

I'm not a Hizbollah supporter, but I wouldn't go as far as comparing them to the Nazis. Their fight against Israel's presence in Lebanon was totally legitimate, firing rockets on to Israeli towns is not.

Israel was created on British land, and after a long fight for the rightful establishment of an homeland in the land by the Jewish people, who've been there for longer than 3000 years.
Absolutely.
That there is a news report on an ethnic gap in Israel and the need to close it is only a drop of water in the reasons for the strong democracy in the state of Israel.

And to reply on your try to claim that because there is a gap it means that Israel is not a democracy, just check out the statistics of the minorities in the US, I promise you that you're bound to be shocked if you honestly believe that Israel is the only democracy that has an ethnic gap.
Do check France and Britain minorities' statistics compared to the majority while you're at it.

Nooop, Israel is NOT a Democracy, it is an Ethnocracy and the article that I posted explains why, perhaps you should read it.

As for the rest, on the legitimacy of who the land belonged to before 1948 has been discussed a million times. Shall we start all over again for the owgleth time ?

Nooop, Israel is NOT a Democracy, it is an Ethnocracy and the article that I posted explains why, perhaps you should read it.

As for the rest, on the legitimacy of who the land belonged to before 1948 has been discussed a million times. Shall we start all over again for the owgleth time ?

Please do not tell lies.

thankyou.

Please stop baiting

thank you

It is your lies that constitutes the baiting. If you were to tell the truth, instead, nobody would have to point out your lies.

Just because you hate Israel like you do, that does not mean it isn't a democracy.

Only if you knew who Haifa Wehbeh is you would have understood that LoneWolf is being ironic.

And plus, it is the USA and Israel who consider Hizbollah a terrorist organisation and as far as I know, the USA and Israel do not represent the entire world.

I'm not a Hizbollah supporter, but I wouldn't go as far as comparing them to the Nazis. Their fight against Israel's presence in Lebanon was totally legitimate, firing rockets on to Israeli towns is not.
I was not comparing their acts to the Nazis, I used the term 'Nazism', not 'Nazis'.
I compare a supporter of an ideology that honors murder to another ideology that honors murder.

While the US and Israel are more than enough for me, there are European countries that have declared Hizballah as a terrorist organization.
But I am not arguing on who recognizes what, an organization that claims it'll strike deeper and deeper into Israel and have all of the towns and civilians under its aim, in a poor try at fear tactic against the Israeli population - an organization that murders innocents and calls it an honorable act of resistance, this organization and its supporters are by no means deserving of a further existence in this world, no more than the supporters of any other terrorist/murderous ideology/organization.

I believe that I have made my voice clear, more than once on this board, that it is in my opinion that all of the terrorists and their supporters should be lined up and shot.
That includes not only the Muslim terrorist organizations, but all of them, whether Muslim, Jewish, Christian, secular or atheist matters not, religion matters not, ethnicity matters not, gender matters not.

Murdering and supporting murder because of political motivations doesn't make one different from a supporter of any other kind of murderer and a supporter of murderers.

Back
Top Bottom