• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hezbollah Illegal Alien Smuggling Team Busted.

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
An al-Qaeda operative today sits in jail in Brewster, Texas, as a smuggling team run by Hezbollah has been dismantled by the FBI. Terrorists were being smuggled in to conduct attacks on Americans. This operation was broken up, but with our porous border, did others make it in, and are we facing attacks in the near future?

What happened here in Texas demonstrates more than anything else the need for the Mexican border to have a wall, and for troops to man that wall.

Article is here.

Hezbollah Busted in Mexican Smuggling Operation

FBI's Mueller: Hezbollah Busted in Mexican Smuggling Operation

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/3/30/223801.shtml?s=lh

FBI Director Robert Mueller said this week that his agency busted a smuggling ring organized by the terrorist group Hezbollah that had operatives cross the Mexican border to carry out possible terrorist attacks inside the U.S.

"This was an occasion in which Hezbollah operatives were assisting others with some association with Hezbollah in coming to the United States,” Mueller told a House Appropriations subcommittee during a Tuesday hearing on the FBI's budget.

In a stunning revelation, Mueller admitted that Hezbollah had succeeded in smuggling some of its operatives across the border, telling the House committee: "That was an organization that we dismantled and identified those persons who had been smuggled in. And they have been addressed as well.”

Hezbollah was responsible for the single most deadly terrorist attack against the U.S. before 9/11 - the Oct. 1983 bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut, which killed 243 U.S. troops.

In November, an al-Qaida operative who was on the FBI's terrorist watch list was captured near the Mexican border, housed in a Texas jail and turned over to federal agents, according to Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas.

"A confirmed al-Qaida terrorist, an Iraqi national, was held in the Brewster County jail," Rep. Culberson told ABC Radio host Sean Hannity. "He was captured in Mexico. This was within the last six weeks. He was turned over to the FBI."

><><><><

Anyone want to shut the borders NOW?

What? The Ring was broken up, but no one jailed the Soup Kitchen workers who fed the 'terrorists' who were snuck in by Hezbolla, like Hillary said would happen?! :shock:

Re: Hezbollah Busted in Mexican Smuggling Operation

easyt65 said:
FBI's Mueller: Hezbollah Busted in Mexican Smuggling Operation

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/3/30/223801.shtml?s=lh

FBI Director Robert Mueller said this week that his agency busted a smuggling ring organized by the terrorist group Hezbollah that had operatives cross the Mexican border to carry out possible terrorist attacks inside the U.S.

"This was an occasion in which Hezbollah operatives were assisting others with some association with Hezbollah in coming to the United States,” Mueller told a House Appropriations subcommittee during a Tuesday hearing on the FBI's budget.

In a stunning revelation, Mueller admitted that Hezbollah had succeeded in smuggling some of its operatives across the border, telling the House committee: "That was an organization that we dismantled and identified those persons who had been smuggled in. And they have been addressed as well.”

Hezbollah was responsible for the single most deadly terrorist attack against the U.S. before 9/11 - the Oct. 1983 bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut, which killed 243 U.S. troops.

In November, an al-Qaida operative who was on the FBI's terrorist watch list was captured near the Mexican border, housed in a Texas jail and turned over to federal agents, according to Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas.

"A confirmed al-Qaida terrorist, an Iraqi national, was held in the Brewster County jail," Rep. Culberson told ABC Radio host Sean Hannity. "He was captured in Mexico. This was within the last six weeks. He was turned over to the FBI."

><><><><

Anyone want to shut the borders NOW?

What? The Ring was broken up, but no one jailed the Soup Kitchen workers who fed the 'terrorists' who were snuck in by Hezbolla, like Hillary said would happen?! :shock:
Hey bud, I beat ya to the punch on this one :)

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=9652

Good to know we are on the same side on this one. :)

DOH! :doh

Oh Mr. Moderator.....could you please squash these here posts together or just chunk this one in the recycle bin?

Thank ya.....:2wave:

Amen, brutha!

(Gee, wish I would have thought about posting this! :shock: :rofl )

easyt65 said:
Amen, brutha!

(Gee, wish I would have thought about posting this! :shock: :rofl )

People ask me how in the world I could have voted for Pat Buchanan in 2000. The answer is easy. The wall for the Mexican border was his idea, and was part of his platform. People said he was too radical, but history shows he was correct.

The only good Hezbollah member is a dead one..

pretty sad commentary that this thread has next to no activity
*shakes head*

danarhea said:
This operation was broken up, but with our porous border, did others make it in, and are we facing attacks in the near future?

Most definitely there will be another attack on American soil, as sad as it is to say so or even think it. The question is will the next attacks be orchestrated with power we are not aware of or a last ditch effort by a crumbling terrorist group?

Gibberish said:
Most definitely there will be another attack on American soil, as sad as it is to say so or even think it. The question is will the next attacks be orchestrated with power we are not aware of or a last ditch effort by a crumbling terrorist group?

Better question would be why aren't the people we elected solving the problem? Guess the Hispanic vote trumps homeland security. (Not a slam against Hispanics, but against selfish political cowards).

tryreading said:
Better question would be why aren't the people we elected solving the problem? Guess the Hispanic vote trumps homeland security. (Not a slam against Hispanics, but against selfish political cowards).

Though I think certain items could be addressed that would help against another attack I do not believe it is something that could ever be stopped without a bit of luck on the defenders part.

Gibberish said:
Though I think certain items could be addressed that would help against another attack I do not believe it is something that could ever be stopped without a bit of luck on the defenders part.

I was talking specifically about the border problem. But you're right, there's no 100% protection overall from terrorism.

easyt65 said:
DOH! :doh

Oh Mr. Moderator.....could you please squash these here posts together or just chunk this one in the recycle bin?

Thank ya.....:2wave:

[Moderator Mode]

Merged...

[/Moderator Mode]

Back
Top Bottom