• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Apparently the server is backing up, so I'll be brief. My name is Adam, I found this board among the most popular Tapatalk forums. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Apparently the server is backing up, so I'll be brief. My name is Adam, I found this board among the most popular Tapatalk forums. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome to the jungle!

Welcome to the Forum.
:2wave:

Hehe - the tapatalk bit cracks me up.

Welcome to the forum

Thanks, all. I look forward to posting with you. I just don't feel comfortable without my sig and avatar, so I'd better get crackin.

This place is so busy, how do you all keep up?!

This place is so busy, how do you all keep up?!

keep up with the stories you want..... ignore the ones you don't.

I used to get involved in Middle East and Abortion stuff as well as others, but they just turn into a giant circle of back and forth same-ness... so I quit hanging out there.

And... often a thread will only go on for a good 50-60 posts before It spirals into "OBAMA DID THIS.. HE BAD" "NUH-UH ITS ALL BUSH'S FAULT" "NUH-UH" "UH-HUh" ad infinity.

Or "You liberals blah blah blah" and "You conservatives blah blah blah..."

Just my two cents on how it goes down.

welcome, Sykes.

keep up with the stories you want..... ignore the ones you don't.

I used to get involved in Middle East and Abortion stuff as well as others, but they just turn into a giant circle of back and forth same-ness... so I quit hanging out there.

And... often a thread will only go on for a good 50-60 posts before It spirals into "OBAMA DID THIS.. HE BAD" "NUH-UH ITS ALL BUSH'S FAULT" "NUH-UH" "UH-HUh" ad infinity.

Or "You liberals blah blah blah" and "You conservatives blah blah blah..."

Just my two cents on how it goes down.

Makes sense to me. I always bail after people kick in with the grade school back and forth.

Welcome to Debate Politics. :)

Welcome to DP. :2wave:

Welcome to DP! :)

I hope you are enjoying the forums. :)

I am, thank you. :)

Can anybody tell me why some threads have letters and numbers after the title?

Welcome Adam and hope you enjoy your time here - I personally love the site and hope you will too.

I am, thank you. :)

Can anybody tell me why some threads have letters and numbers after the title?

Those letters and numbers are references to warnings or infractions related to posts on the thread where somebody's been a bad girl/bad boy. The number references the post number where the moderator has chimed in and the letter, like a W, signifies a warning, etc. I've personally made the mistake of entering a thread late in the game and been dinged with an infraction for saying something innocuous because there had been a warning before I got there about something. Check them out when you enter a thread to be on the safe side.

Welcome Adam and hope you enjoy your time here - I personally love the site and hope you will too.

This is actually my favorite site thus far, because I see so many long, well-thought out posts on all sides of any given discussion.

Thanks for the 'warning' warning. I never would have figured that one out.

th

Greeting Sykes.....Welcome to the Forums of Debate Politics.
yo2.gif

Glad you're here, but why so blue?

:wcm Sykes! :2wave:

A group of us joined DP from another site in January of this year, and we really like it here. :thumbs: I hope you do, too!

Glad you're here, but why so blue?

Well, I'm a total nerd/geek - and my dog is a poodle. One of my favorite movies is Braveheart.

Dunno, the pic just resonated with me. :D

:wcm Sykes! :2wave:

A group of us joined DP from another site in January of this year, and we really like it here. :thumbs: I hope you do, too!

I gotta admit, I didn't exactly hit the ground running here. I'm still a bit overwhelmed, there are so many new posts every day. But I think I've begun to hit my stride.

Back
Top Bottom