• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey right wing tightwads. How much do we spend on prisons?

Life will just be better if everyone can walk around smoking a doobie, right?

Some folks just won't grow up, and continue to stick with their childish ways.

You won't give up on your one line insults speaking of childish ways. What about walking around drinking a beer. Is that childish too?

I was raised upper middle class going to country clubs to golf and yacht clubs with multi-millionaire relatives. I am about as non-redneck as a person can be. Why? Because I have a great tan.

The age of consent here is 16 and it stops a lot of those stupid problems. I think most drugs should be legalized too... and don't let your own experiences limit how you interact with others.

Lastly... I am in favor of shooting (executing) any person that is 100% guilty, verified with DNA evidence, video or any other red handed evidence like the Castro Brothers case out in Cleveland last year. If it is not like I just said, even if they are found guilty, then shooting should be held off and the regular legal steps should ensue.

What is wrong with hanging or lethal injection? Why does it have to be shooting? Dead is dead. The only problem I have with capital punishment is the fact minorities get it at a much higher rate that whites for the same crime.

Life will just be better if everyone can walk around smoking a doobie, right?

Some folks just won't grow up, and continue to stick with their childish ways.

What is your obsession with maturity. Are you that much of a conformist? You must be really a bore. You know like a puritian at an orgy. You talk like a old man kind of like that John Kasich moron than runs your state. You must be proud.

You won't give up on your one line insults speaking of childish ways. What about walking around drinking a beer. Is that childish too?

It sure is.

What is your obsession with maturity. Are you that much of a conformist? You must be really a bore. You know like a puritian at an orgy. You talk like a old man kind of like that John Kasich moron than runs your state. You must be proud.

Proud of not being a hemped out moron who does nothing but whine about legalizing drugs.

Proud of the fact that I don't lie about supporting other political cause because they will support mine.

Proud of the fact that I choose honesty and integrity, in addition to my faith, to navigate through life.

Proud of the fact that I can communicate very well verbally, and have the intelligence to spell words like puritan without using a dictionary (the big book with a lot of words in it).

What is wrong with hanging or lethal injection? Why does it have to be shooting? Dead is dead. The only problem I have with capital punishment is the fact minorities get it at a much higher rate that whites for the same crime.

Fine. Hang them. Lethal injection costs too much though...

Proud of not being a hemped out moron who does nothing but whine about legalizing drugs.

Proud of the fact that I don't lie about supporting other political cause because they will support mine.

Proud of the fact that I choose honesty and integrity, in addition to my faith, to navigate through life.

Proud of the fact that I can communicate very well verbally, and have the intelligence to spell words like puritan without using a dictionary (the big book with a lot of words in it).

Proud of being a right winger is sheeps clothing. You are a Jesus freak arn't you? No wonder you have the self righteous attitude you do. You have never admitted to it before. I have always knew there was something that made you the way you are and it is being a Jesus freak. Go smoke your religion. The opiate of the people. Get off your high horse.

Get on your knee's and pray because this country has now seen what the family values freak really are. Moral crusaders without any real morality. Only hypocrites support keeping booze legal while keeping pot illegal. You know of course being a hypocrite is a sin my friend. Christ spoke out against hypocrites and religous fanatics. I hope you are not one of those.

Fine. Hang them. Lethal injection costs too much though...

I must remind you my friend the death penelty has been around for ever and it never cured crime. All to often a white kid gets life while the kid of color gets death for the same crime. That is just like the war on drugs. White people use far more drugs that blacks while the prisons are full of black drug criminals. Until all this is changed I say get rid of the death penelty. It has to be fair before we do it. Do you agree?

I must remind you my friend the death penelty has been around for ever and it never cured crime. All to often a white kid gets life while the kid of color gets death for the same crime. That is just like the war on drugs. White people use far more drugs that blacks while the prisons are full of black drug criminals. Until all this is changed I say get rid of the death penelty. It has to be fair before we do it. Do you agree?

People shouldn't be put to death for drugs... and they aren't. I support the DP for murder, rape, kidnapping, molestation, etc. And the DP isn't about deterrence, in my opinion. It is about supporting the morals of society.

ummmm... what?

US Grant,Davey Crockett,Edgar Allan Poe,John Lennon,Gen Sherman,Johnny Cash and American business for 150 years has been bulit on drinking and yes drugging. All these smart people and more drank and did drugs. Everyone from the poorest to the richest drink or do drugs or have at some point or at least known someone who did. Are you saying otherwise?

US Grant,Davey Crockett,Edgar Allan Poe,John Lennon,Gen Sherman,Johnny Cash and American business for 150 years has been bulit on drinking and yes drugging. All these smart people and more drank and did drugs. Everyone from the poorest to the richest drink or do drugs or have at some point or at least known someone who did. Are you saying otherwise?

I thought you were calling the Founding Fathers drunks...

... yeah, lots of people have done drugs and drink.

Well in response to your title, it's estimated that it takes between $30,000 and $50,000 a year to house each prisoner depending on the State and whether it is a State or Federal prison. Saying we have over 1.5 million prisoners currently incarcerated and taking an average of $40,000 a year across the nation...that would be about $60 billion per year to operate all prisons in America, State and Federal.

About 1/4 of that amount would apply to drug related inmates, sooo $15 billion a year for incarceration costs?

I'd estimate the same amount or more would go to law enforcement efforts nationwide...$15 to $20 billion?

Hard to get an estimate on court costs since some suspects pay their own legal fees while others use public defenders, and each case takes up differing amounts of time for salaried judges and prosecutors.

That would be my estimate. :)

Nice of you to take the time to try to estimate the costs. I would have thought these estimates would have been provided by the OP. Since they were not, it makes it hard to take this thread seriously. The missing estimates from the OP almost make the thread bait-like. Of course I am probably misreading the intent, I cannot imagine Mr. Hill would do such a thing.

People shouldn't be put to death for drugs... and they aren't. I support the DP for murder, rape, kidnapping, molestation, etc. And the DP isn't about deterrence, in my opinion. It is about supporting the morals of society.

Hmm. Life and long prison sentences do not support the morals of society, but state sanctioned murder does. Them is some strong morals.

Hmm. Life and long prison sentences do not support the morals of society, but state sanctioned murder does. Them is some strong morals.

Revenge does not bring back the dead. Too many DP freaks seem to think it is for revenge. I think the DP has to be fixed before it is used again. Too many people of color getting the DP while whites are geting life for the same crime. Like the drug war punishment for whites is differant than people of color. This must change.

Revenge does not bring back the dead. Too many DP freaks seem to think it is for revenge. I think the DP has to be fixed before it is used again. Too many people of color getting the DP while whites are geting life for the same crime. Like the drug war punishment for whites is differant than people of color. This must change.

No facts, all opinion, equals nothing, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom