• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey girls - what size makes you feel the most confident?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
What dress size makes you feel the most pretty, sexy, confident? I think that's a size 6 for me. I'm not there yet.

My confidence isn't in my size, thankfully.

The last time I was a size 6, I think I was 12. LOL

My clothing size isn't nearly as relevant as how I look in them. Clothing sizes fluctuate so much from brand and style, it's impossible to really say. One brand you may be a size 8 and in another a size 6 or 10. Women's clothing sizing is so fricken retarded.

Size 10-12 was my size when I was in the best shape I've ever been in. (read: In ****ing awesome shape) So I guess I kind of mentally aim for that right now. But, my confidence lies in how I look and feel, not what the number on my pants says.

Mine either. But I do like how my body looks when it's not too skinny. I look way better naked at size 8 than 6. I don't even want to imagine how revoltingly skeletal I'd look if I ever went below a size 6. I think one has to be quite short or have a petite Asian body type to fit into anything that small.

Mine either. But I do like how my body looks when it's not too skinny. I look way better naked at size 8 than 6. I don't even want to imagine how revoltingly skeletal I'd look if I ever went below a size 6. I think one has to be quite short or have a petite Asian body type to fit into anything that small.

I don't even think it would be physically possible for me to get into something smaller than an 8. No matter how skinny I got. I think my hip bones alone would prevent it. LOL

I don't even think it would be physically possible for me to get into something smaller than an 8. No matter how skinny I got. I think my hip bones alone would prevent it. LOL

Exactly. :lol: . Even if I were just skin and bones, my hips wouldn't fit into anything smaller than a size 4.

I don't think it's all under one umbrella. I'm very confident when I'm talking about my political opinions or my career, but I'm definitely NOT confident in a bathing suit on the beach or in a wedding where the other bridesmaids are size 2. There will always be times for all of us where we feel really good and others where we'd rather crawl in a hole. Size is one of those things for me.

If you're plus size and don't mind rockin' a two-piece, more power to ya. I just wouldn't feel pretty if it were me.

That's all.

I think that's the same with me. Back in college, I was really close to a size 6 and my hip bones stuck out. I think if I had gotten any thinner, I would've looked deformed or something.

Yep, 5-6 for me. 8 is *okay*, but over that, and I'm miserable.

I have to hold my breath just to get into a 12.

and I don't even want to talk about the shoes. Oy!

I think that's the same with me. Back in college, I was really close to a size 6 and my hip bones stuck out. I think if I had gotten any thinner, I would've looked deformed or something.

Size 8 is as small as I'd want to get. It's too small for me, too. When I was a size 8, I looked anorexic. My head is just too big to have a body that ****ing skinny. I look like a ****ing bobble-head.

Dress size is unimportant to me, but I feel best when my pant size is anywhere between 4 and 8. What's got me very happy at the beach this summer, is the muscle I've gained from adding weights to my workouts.

2 or 4. Depends on the manufacturer.
Women's clothes sizes aren't standardized.
In one brand, a two might be baggy on me; in another brand, a four might be tight.
I just wear whatever's comfortable, and don't worry about the size.
I've never even seen a size zero, I don't think.
Maybe "size zero" is only sold in upscale shops and boutiques.

I just looked up "size zero", because I was curious about it.
I've heard of it, but never seen it in stores.
It's a vanity size, apparently:

Size zero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says it fits 30-22-32 to 33-25-35, so yeah... I guess I'm a "size zero", too.
Except you wouldn't know it from the clothes in my closet.
They all say 2, 4, or even 6. :lol:

My feet are size 5.

my feet are size 15

Holy crud.
I thought my husband's feet were big.
I think he wears a size 11 or something.
My dad wears size 8 shoes.
My kids were so excited that they had bigger feet than their grandpa... when they were like ten and eleven years old. :lol:

I just looked up "size zero", because I was curious about it.
I've heard of it, but never seen it in stores.
It's a vanity size, apparently:

Size zero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says it fits 30-22-32 to 33-25-35, so yeah... I guess I'm a "size zero", too.
Except you wouldn't know it from the clothes in my closet.
They all say 2, 4, or even 6. :lol:

Not uncommon in Taiwan and Japan and you can find clothes in these sizes everywhere from outdoor markets to upscale boutiques...

My feet are size 5.

Do you have a hard time buying shoes? My wife also has size 5 feet and even in Taiwan has a hard time finding a good variety of shoes... When we travel to Japan, we make sure she gets enough shoes to get through until our next trip there...

Do you have a hard time buying shoes? My wife also has size 5 feet and even in Taiwan has a hard time finding a good variety of shoes... When we travel to Japan, we make sure she gets enough shoes to get through until our next trip there...

I usually wear Converse All-Stars. I don't have a hard time; they have them in every size.
On the rare occasions that I need dress shoes, I usually just borrow them from a friend... and then stuff a bunch of crumpled paper towels in the toes because they're three sizes too big, and then end up kicking them off and going barefoot before the night's over, anyway. :mrgreen:

I have a harder time finding pants that aren't too long; way, way too long.
I'm only around five feet tall.
I always have to cut four inches off the legs of my jeans, or else roll them up, which looks pretty stupid.

Back
Top Bottom