• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey Everyone! :)

Southern Belle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Hi all! I missed everyone! :2wave: Sorry I left so suddenly, but I needed a long break from political debating, you know? And I had RL stuff to deal with. :( Seems last year they noticed my kidney function is very low, for anyone who knows, my GFR is in it's 20s. No real damage, but I only have 1 kidney from a birth defect. I'm not on dialysis though. :) And my dad has a little bit of cancer in his back they are trying to fix currently.

Anyway, so much stuff has happened in the news, I'm sorry I wasn't here to see what everyone had said about it. It's been very depressing but I did try and keep up. I won't leave without saying bye again. :) Hope everyone I knew is still here!

Órale, ese. ¿Cómo estás?

Hi, I'm new but welcome back! :)

Thanks BD. Hi 10, nice to see you! :) Nah, I don't speak Spanish, lol.

Hi all! I missed everyone! :2wave: Sorry I left so suddenly, but I needed a long break from political debating, you know? And I had RL stuff to deal with. :( Seems last year they noticed my kidney function is very low, for anyone who knows, my GFR is in it's 20s. No real damage, but I only have 1 kidney from a birth defect. I'm not on dialysis though. :) And my dad has a little bit of cancer in his back they are trying to fix currently.

Anyway, so much stuff has happened in the news, I'm sorry I wasn't here to see what everyone had said about it. It's been very depressing but I did try and keep up. I won't leave without saying bye again. :) Hope everyone I knew is still here!

Welcome back Southern Belle; also don’t be to concerned about the one kidney as I have been on one all of my life as well. Didn’t know about it until they ran a test about thirty years ago for something else.

Long story shortened, they peeked and only found one and a half kidney. After running some more chemicals thru my bod and taking another peek, they deduced that I must have been born with “one and a half kidney”. Didn’t keep me out of the USMC. :2wave:

Welcome back Southern Belle; also don’t be to concerned about the one kidney as I have been on one all of my life as well. Didn’t know about it until they ran a test about thirty years ago for something else.

Long story shortened, they peeked and only found one and a half kidney. After running some more chemicals thru my bod and taking another peek, they deduced that I must have been born with “one and a half kidney”. Didn’t keep me out of the USMC. :2wave:

Oh wow. They've always known I only had one, but at the Doctor for something completely different, they told me it was failing. :O In the hospital, they biopsied it and it had no desease but it had thin membranes and it didn't grow as kidneys do if you are missing the other one. No one knows if it's always been like that or if it is failing. But now I eat no chocolate or caffein and just eat the 40 grams of protein a day that the FDA recommends for my BMI.

And hello Chuz, thank you!

Oh wow. They've always known I only had one, but at the Doctor for something completely different, they told me it was failing. :O In the hospital, they biopsied it and it had no desease but it had thin membranes and it didn't grow as kidneys do if you are missing the other one. No one knows if it's always been like that or if it is failing. But now I eat no chocolate or caffein and just eat the 40 grams of protein a day that the FDA recommends for my BMI.

Not that it does him any good,.. he still has a lot of problems,.... But my father supposedly has three Kidneys. Though the 3rd looks very undeveloped in xrays.

Chocolate I could do without but coffee (caffeine)!!!No friggen way. I needs my half a pot of coffee in the morn just to get my boots on. :shock:

Not that it does him any good,.. he still has a lot of problems,.... But my father supposedly has three Kidneys. Though the 3rd looks very undeveloped in xrays.

Wow, that's very interesting! Where is the 3rd one?

Chocolate I could do without but coffee (caffeine)!!!No friggen way. I needs my half a pot of coffee in the morn just to get my boots on. :shock:

Lol, yeah it was hard to stop chocolate, but I guess I have good willpower. Once I stopped, I can avoid it now easy. But chocolate and caffein are toxic to kidneys.

Wow, that's very interesting! Where is the 3rd one?

I've only been shown once and I can't read x-rays very well,... but it just looked like a shadowy thing right in the middle near his spine.

It's not thought to be functioning but they won't or can't remove it because of where it is.

Back
Top Bottom