• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey conservatives. Make our day. Shut down the government. [W:52]

You are the poster boy for what right wing moronism can do for your brain. How does it feel to be in a party that is so regressive and reactionary they are trying to take us back to the Hoover years? How does it feel to be in the party that is 90% old white guys and Jesus freak females? Your side is shrinking every day and your side can't seem to make the morons shut their mouths so you can't even hide the fact the GOP is a party of backward thinking stick in the mudd's. Good luck next election.

Funny, I live in TX and don't see what apparently you do. It really is a shame that the state of my birth has gone this far off the deep end. Too bad the state of Washington isn't smart enough to steal what is working in TX but more importantly you don't seem to be smart enough to see what liberalism has done to this country. If belief in God makes me a Jesus Freak, so be it, I proudly wear that title. One of these days you will have to reconcile your beliefs and your life with "your" creator.

My side isn't shrinking at all except in your mind. My side won big in 2010 and will win bigger in 2014. Your side is the party of the malcontents, economically challenged, and dependent class that aren't smart enough to understand what the liberal ideology is doing to them. I couldn't care less these days as I am safe and sound in TX.

Moderator's Warning:
Personal attacks will result in points and thread bans. If you find yourself typing the word "you," be careful what follows it.

And get your butt's kicked again. The press is going to have a field day and the right will look like morons once again. Other than that there is no risk.

I suspect youre not interested in a serious discussion, but let me try anyway. Whats the alternative besides passing another continuting resolution like the last 4 years?

Whats the alternative besides passing another continuting resolution like the last 4 years?

There will be no meaningful change as long as people keep voting for the duopoly of the Dem/Reps that have been destroying our country together for decades.

I would bet anyone a years salary that regardless of whether a Dem/Rep is elected president the continued decline will further.

We need to send non-republicans/democrats to congress and senate.

The two major party national committees need to WAKE up, and understand, we are not their pawns.

Cruz is Akin/Mourdick/DeMinted/Lee and the rest of the loons on Steroids. Christie will sweep to the nomination with the current primary/caucus rules, as Romney-care did. If the GOP is fortunate enuff.

There will be no meaningful change as long as people keep voting for the duopoly of the Dem/Reps that have been destroying our country together for decades.

I would bet anyone a years salary that regardless of whether a Dem/Rep is elected president the continued decline will further.

Dem/Repubs have been around since our beginning. Blaming the two parties does not wipe anyone's slate clean.

Whats the alternative besides passing another continuting resolution like the last 4 years?
None. Not in today's politics. And we may not get that.

Most of us still believe Boehner is a grown-up and will prevail.

We need my local Illinoisan, former Speaker Hastert, to renounce his "Hastert rule", since it has been so bastardized.

None. Not in today's politics. And we may not get that.

Most of us still believe Boehner is a grown-up and will prevail.

We need my local Illinoisan, former Speaker Hastert, to renounce his "Hastert rule", since it has been so bastardized.

Do you even understand the Hastert rule? Pelosi was Speaker from January 2007 to January 2011 so tell me about the Hastert rule?

Dem/Repubs have been around since our beginning. Blaming the two parties does not wipe anyone's slate clean.

A History of the Two-Party System - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

"The founding fathers never called for the existence of political parties and were in fact dismayed when they began to arise from differences among the first politicians. American bipartisan politics, however, is a natural phenomenon that arises from the size and disparity of the American electorate and the democratic nature of the federal government."

"

Politicians from the south formed the chief opposition to the Federalist Party. Traditionally most of the former Anti-Federalists became the backbone of a new political entity-the Democratic-Republican party. The Democratic-Republican Party is the oldest continuous political entity in the United States and is the modern day Democratic Party, although its original adherents called themselves Republicans. The chief leaders of Republican opposition to the Federalist agenda were Thomas Jefferson, Aaron Burr, James Madison and George Clinton."

" Jefferson believed that the United States should be a loose coalition of more powerful and autonomous states. Southerners were keenly interested in protecting sectional differences such as slavery. Republicans favored a strict interpretation of the Constitution's language in order to limit the federal government's power."

So what happened to the democrat party, that it abandoned it's early principle and now is massive FEDERALIST in agenda?

I even wrestled against the Speaker's athletes from Yorkville. Noone understands an Illinoisan like you, a Texan. Beyond Hastert, you have the "loon rule". Without 218 votes from the repup caucus, no deal, as with the TEAdowngrade.
Do you even understand the Hastert rule? Pelosi was Speaker from January 2007 to January 2011 so tell me about the Hastert rule?

I even wrestled against the Speaker's athletes from Yorkville. Noone understands an Illinoisan like you, a Texan. Beyond Hastert, you have the "loon rule". Without 218 votes from the repup caucus, no deal, as with the TEAdowngrade.

I see, so how did that impact Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, a liberal Democrat, and her control over legislation? You seem to believe that the world began in January 2011 when the Republicans took over the House and it is the House that is running the country. What happened between 2007-2011 when Democrats controlled the Congress?

I see, so how did that impact Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, a liberal Democrat
So yes, Nancy Pelosi is a liberal Democrat. Feel better? Now compare her to the frickin loons on your team talking impeachment insanity everyday.

So yes, Nancy Pelosi is a liberal Democrat. Feel better? Now compare her to the frickin loons on your team talking impeachment insanity everyday.

What the hell does that have to do with Obamacare, the economic results Obama generated before the GOP took over the House, and the legislation that Obama has enacted that generated those numbers?

A History of the Two-Party System - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

"The major parties are behemoths that do not espouse especially volatile platforms because they cannot afford to alienate any voting blocs. Consequently many issues that are crucial to some Americans go ignored. Due to the increasing costs of campaigning, special interest groups have taken greater control of the parties through their campaign contributions. With the emergence of the internet, however, Americans now have access to an array of communications technology that would have been unimaginable to candidates "on the stump" only a century ago."

Complete control means filibuster-proof the whole time. Own it.

Leadership is about working with both Parties and Obama has campaigned for the past five years trying to destroy the Republicans. Obama's lack of leadership skills is evident as is his incompetence as well as the incompetence of his supporters. I guess in your world the only way a President can lead is with a filibuster proof Senate. How many times has that happened throughout history?

I'm sure you would not agree that the conservative Southern Dems beginning with Jackson are now conservative Southern Repups.

Yes I would

You seem to believe that the world began in January 2011 when the Republicans took over the House and it is the House that is running the country.

The House is RUINING the Country, not running it. Got a Transportation or Farm bill?? Too bad Repub Rep. Rogers doesn't control your loons!!

So every time we have this fight the conservatives look bad. Shutting down the government is a lose lose situation for conservatives and the level heads in the party have already warned against it. The far right element in the party is screaming to shut down the government to defund Obamacare but old people not getting their social security checks along with the military,the unemployed and anybody else who gets a check from the government. This always makes the conservatives look like the goons they are so quoting the great right winger Clint Eastwood "Make our day"
From what I understand it wouldn't actually be able to fully defund Obamacare anyway.

I see, so how did that impact Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, a liberal Democrat, and her control over legislation? You seem to believe that the world began in January 2011 when the Republicans took over the House and it is the House that is running the country. What happened between 2007-2011 when Democrats controlled the Congress?

Between 2007 and 2011, the USA began a nose dive with hard bottom approaching FAST! Kaboom!

So you deny positive results. Check.
What the hell does that have to do with Obamacare, the economic results Obama generated before the GOP took over the House, and the legislation that Obama has enacted that generated those numbers?

And as soon as Pelosi walked into the Speakership, the dive started simultaneously. Like Obama being blamed for Katrina. Revision, as mastered by Cheney and Rummy. "You people" are way out there.
Between 2007 and 2011, the USA began a nose dive with hard bottom approaching FAST! Kaboom!

From what I understand it wouldn't actually be able to fully defund Obamacare anyway.

It's a ploy, that when the senate doesn't sign on to the defunding, dialogue issues, and a compromise is struck. Obama wants a rubber stamp congress like he had his first two years.

I think everything should stay deadlocked until after 2014 election.

Back
Top Bottom