• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey, Big Steve Here...

Wow, I've been here a day and already have one gettin' thrown into the dung heap.

You're done...

This is a simple yes or no question.

That's your litmus test?? The same could be said of countless people within the beltway.
My litmus test is the overall success of America.
You could also say that he, as a member of government, contributed to getting us involved in the longest war in American history, resulting in over 20,000 brave American men and women being killed or injured.
Politicians make mistakes but in this case your blame is misdirected as it was your party's President that pushed for the war. In addition to that a man you voted for a few years ago is responsible for more than half a million deaths. That doesn't get your attention?
He's done nothing, aside from maybe getting hair plugs
That's your litmus test?

Last edited:
They don't exist here .
Just bipartisan rants .
Probably ca 75% left wing which means membership this time next year will have an entirely fresh profile . Or earlier .

P.S. The big insider story . De Santis in the non Washington DC based White House and Mr T standing behind in a strategic position of overall 'Director "
New Republic --- so forget old bipartisan model .

…anyway, welcome aboard Big Steve! :)

Because I've no reason to.

I stand up for what I believe in, and I stand by what I say. If I vote for someone, I'm happy to explain why. In each case (2016 and 2020) Trump was the superior candidate. Obama called Clinton "the most qualified person to ever seek the office". Now, think about that for a minute. Hillary Clinton, the most qualified person to ever seek the Presidency, was bested by a beauty pageant producer with a reality television show. Instead of lambasting Trump for his profound inexperience, the left needs to figure out how the most qualified person to ever seek the office got her ass handed to her, because the fact that it happened should scare the shit out of the left...

Trump was a one term president who was impeached twice and lost re-election in a landslide to a guy he and his base insisted was dementia riddled and unable to barely stand up straight.

I think we figured him out pretty good.

Because I've no reason to.

I stand up for what I believe in, and I stand by what I say. If I vote for someone, I'm happy to explain why. In each case (2016 and 2020) Trump was the superior candidate. Obama called Clinton "the most qualified person to ever seek the office". Now, think about that for a minute. Hillary Clinton, the most qualified person to ever seek the Presidency, was bested by a beauty pageant producer with a reality television show. Instead of lambasting Trump for his profound inexperience, the left needs to figure out how the most qualified person to ever seek the office got her ass handed to her, because the fact that it happened should scare the shit out of the left...
I'll explain a good part of how T**** and fiends stole the 2016 election, but I don't like doing it in the introduction section. Start a thread and/or post your comment in this thread:

That's the problem, she was never charged, and there was a mountain of evidence on which to base those charges...
First off I want to thank you for debating issues with me. You seem to form your opinions well and I appreciate the chance to kick things around with you.
That said: Yes, HRC was never charged, and in this nation we presume innocence in that matter. I do not conform to conspiracies at all. Facts are facts.

First off I want to thank you for debating issues with me. You seem to form your opinions well and I appreciate the chance to kick things around with you.
That said: Yes, HRC was never charged, and in this nation we presume innocence in that matter. I do not conform to conspiracies at all. Facts are facts.

The presumption of innocence matters only in a court of law. That's how so many people are able to insist that OJ is guilty of murder and Trump is a tax cheat, despite the fact that neither stands convicted...

What has he accomplished in 47 years?

I'll wait...
Well, let's put aside for the moment the MAJOR achievement in the last few days as Biden wins global support of massive tax overall, a huge step toward simplifying a complex web of rules long exploited by big corporations. (great jobs report too) I am not sure how many "accomplishments" you need listed, and I assume you mean 'political accomplishments', but I can say that 47 years of public service alone in quite an achievement toward being highly qualified for a political job. Keep in mind trump had NO experience, and it showed. Okay=besides winning elections at an early age, let's start with the "violence Against women act" in the 80s......point to me on this one.....

Welcome @Big Steve. I have a few Lib Right friends here. I've always considered y'all to be Republicans with brains. Hopefully our interactions, should they occur, will be enlightening, even if I'm far, far left.

How tall are you, Big?

Trump's gaffes do not negate Biden's. That's a stupid argument...
No, they do not, nor did I say otherwise, however, it seemed appropriate since you voted for the biggest 'gaffer' of all time, twice no less. Since Biden is no rational comparison to trump in that way, then why does it even remotely concern you NOW ???
The guy completely goes off the reservation on this. He's talking about getting things done in the Senate and, at about the :38 spot, he just starts rambling. I would love to have a President who can maintain his train of thought, and that doesn't appear to be Biden. He's in a cognitive free fall, and that should be a concern of every American.
I want a good administrator of the Oval Office and a good leader. He has been refreshing after the last 4 years of instability
https://www.thechronicle.com.au/new...rs-ago/video/bd69088b94bc0f60ff6a8b3422bb382a

I don't like it, either.

The problem is that we've got a President who doesn't seem all to concerned with it, despite the fact that, by some estimates, upwards of 500,000 illegal aliens have crossed our border since he took office. We have a Vice President who's inept, at best. When asked why she hadn't yet been to the border since being named "Immigration Czar", her ignorant, flippant response was "Well, I haven't been to Europe yet, either." Well, someone needs to tell our dipshit Vice President that we don't exactly have a problem with illegal aliens sneaking across our border with Europe.

I say we disagree because you seem perfectly willing to let countless more illegal aliens cross our border until a solution is found some years down the road. I'm of the opinion that our southern border needs to be closed immediately, and kept that way until such a time as Joe can wrap his pointed little head around the severity of the problem. If he's as good as the left would have us believe, then that shouldn't take long...

That's the problem, she was never charged, and there was a mountain of evidence on which to base those charges...

What has he accomplished in 47 years?

I'll wait...

Trump's gaffes do not negate Biden's. That's a stupid argument...

The guy completely goes off the reservation on this. He's talking about getting things done in the Senate and, at about the :38 spot, he just starts rambling. I would love to have a President who can maintain his train of thought, and that doesn't appear to be Biden. He's in a cognitive free fall, and that should be a concern of every American.

https://www.thechronicle.com.au/new...rs-ago/video/bd69088b94bc0f60ff6a8b3422bb382a

I don't like it, either.

The problem is that we've got a President who doesn't seem all to concerned with it, despite the fact that, by some estimates, upwards of 500,000 illegal aliens have crossed our border since he took office. We have a Vice President who's inept, at best. When asked why she hadn't yet been to the border since being named "Immigration Czar", her ignorant, flippant response was "Well, I haven't been to Europe yet, either." Well, someone needs to tell our dipshit Vice President that we don't exactly have a problem with illegal aliens sneaking across our border with Europe.
I like his long-term approach , which is the right approach. I am not an "alarmist" and it take a bit to get me reacting to things like this. We have had an immigrant issue for quite some time. Trump did anything but solve it. Harris is concerned with solutions(long-term & permanent) and not so much with "image". Funny how Trumpers wanted someone in office was was not part of the "establishment", yet when we get people in there who WANT to get things done and NOT play politics, they complain. Please.
I say we disagree because you seem perfectly willing to let countless more illegal aliens cross our border until a solution is found some years down the road. I'm of the opinion that our southern border needs to be closed immediately, and kept that way until such a time as Joe can wrap his pointed little head around the severity of the problem. If he's as good as the left would have us believe, then that shouldn't take long...
The solution is BOTH long + short term. The media tries to create alarm that we are being "invaded". Common sense says that your "closing" solution would be a disaster. We need calm heads in D.C., and we have them at this point.

The presumption of innocence matters only in a court of law. That's how so many people are able to insist that OJ is guilty of murder and Trump is a tax cheat, despite the fact that neither stands convicted...
"ONLY" in a court of Law?? !! (That's a big 'only') I agree though. Although Trump's org. has indeed been indicted on numerous charges lately, as you know...........but yes, they too are innocent by law as well. So, my argument stands.

No, they do not, nor did I say otherwise, however, it seemed appropriate since you voted for the biggest 'gaffer' of all time, twice no less. Since Biden is no rational comparison to trump in that way, then why does it even remotely concern you NOW ???

Trump's gaffes were because of ego/stupidity.

Biden's gaffes are due to his cognitive free fall...

I want a good administrator of the Oval Office and a good leader. He has been refreshing after the last 4 years of instability

Well, sure, because he never says anything other than what his handlers tell him to say. Left to his own devices, the guy's an absolute ltrain wreck...

I like his long-term approach , which is the right approach. I am not an "alarmist" and it take a bit to get me reacting to things like this. We have had an immigrant issue for quite some time. Trump did anything but solve it. Harris is concerned with solutions(long-term & permanent) and not so much with "image". Funny how Trumpers wanted someone in office was was not part of the "establishment", yet when we get people in there who WANT to get things done and NOT play politics, they complain. Please.

The solution is BOTH long + short term. The media tries to create alarm that we are being "invaded". Common sense says that your "closing" solution would be a disaster. We need calm heads in D.C., and we have them at this point.

On the immigration issue, Trump was fought at every turn by the democrats. You can't seriously believe otherwise...

Trump's gaffes were because of ego/stupidity.

Biden's gaffes are due to his cognitive free fall...
Well now "Dr. Steve"---is that diagnosis documented?? Nope---just opinion from non-experts (i.e. the boys at the club over a beer....) I happen to disagree based on what I hear and see....
Well, sure, because he never says anything other than what his handlers tell him to say. Left to his own devices, the guy's an absolute ltrain wreck...
No responsible president is going to just "wing it".............words matter in a world leader, and it's nice to be back to a guy who knows that.....

On the immigration issue, Trump was fought at every turn by the democrats. You can't seriously believe otherwise...
Well, does thee think there may have been a REASON he was fought?? His thinking was myopic and appealed to his rather "bottom of the pond" base----you know, like building a wall, like the Middle ages or something----feel good crap......... Trumps words and actions were horrific on a weekly basis (you can't seriously deny that, right?). It was crazy----I mean, all the guy had to do was have one lousy week where he didn't create some bombshell of outrageousness or stupidity, or......and he would have had great ratings. Neither I, nor presidential history, has EVER seen the bar set so low for behavior, fitness for office, and speaking........etc

Last edited:
Well, does thee think there may have been a REASON he was fought??

Of course.

The reality television star had the audacity to beat the most qualified person to ever seek the office.

Liberals were pissed...

My name's Steve. I'm a right-leaning Independent and I'm damn glad to be here.

Where am I politicaly? Well, I voted for Trump. Twice. I honestly don't think I'd vote for him a 3rd time. I'm a huge Ron DeSantis fan.

I'm pro military, pro 2nd amendment (and I carry every day), pro-choice, anti-illegal immigration and I have no problem with gay marriage.

I'm a professional writer and photographer, and I own two successful businesses.

I'm a New York Mets fan, so I haven't been happy since the Reagan administration.

Looking forward to some spirited discussions...
Welcome Big Steve!! I prefered Rand Paul last year but he didnt catch on. The pandemic made me more politically aware. De Santis is a good choice in 2024.

Of course.

The reality television star had the audacity to beat the most qualified person to ever seek the office.

Liberals were pissed...
Perhaps it was the greed for money, after all, the networks never did so well as when trump was in office. I know my wife and I couldn't wait for the news each day. It may also have been out of patriotism of a kind to fight against such an obvious threat to the nation to have Trump in the WH------and we can see what happened on Jan. 6th

My litmus test is the overall success of America.

Then you should be weeping over the current resident of the White House...

Politicians make mistakes but in this case your blame is misdirected as it was your party's President that pushed for the war.

Um, I don't have a party. Before you post, perhaps you should understand a bit more of the background of the person you're addressing.

For the record, had he been the nominee for his party, I'd have voted for Pete Buttigieg. I'm no Republican, and yo appear intellectually inept when you say I am...

In addition to that a man you voted for a few years ago is responsible for more than half a million deaths. That doesn't get your attention?

Who did that?

That's your litmus test?

I would like to have a President who actually does things. Joe Biden simply doesn't, and he hasn't. Anytime I ask a liberal what he's accomplished over his 48 years in Washington, I'm met with blank stares. They have no idea. They simply can't answer a question which, after 48 years, should really be pretty simple to answer...

Um, I don't have a party. Before you post, perhaps you should understand a bit more of the background of the person you're addressing.
Still it's a stretch to blame Biden for a war Bush while overlooking Bush's role.
For the record, had he been the nominee for his party, I'd have voted for Pete Buttigieg.
Pete's a sharp guy. Hopefully he runs some day.

Still it's a stretch to blame Biden for a war Bush while overlooking Bush's role.

Pete's a sharp guy. Hopefully he runs some day.

I was simply responding to your comment that, due to a Biden's "role" in government, the US GDP grew five fold. If that's true, then why shouldn't he be blamed for it? He voted for it!

Then you should be weeping over the current resident of the White House...

For the record, had he been the nominee for his party, I'd have voted for Pete Buttigieg. I'm no Republican, and yo appear intellectually inept when you say I am...

Who did that?

I would like to have a President who actually does things. Joe Biden simply doesn't, and he hasn't. Anytime I ask a liberal what he's accomplished over his 48 years in Washington, I'm met with blank stares. They have no idea. They simply can't answer a question which, after 48 years, should really be pretty simple to answer...
I would consider Tulsi Gabbard.

Where am I politicaly? Well, I voted for Trump. Twice. I honestly don't think I'd vote for him a 3rd time. I'm a huge Ron DeSantis fan.

I'm pro military, pro 2nd amendment (and I carry every day), pro-choice, anti-illegal immigration and I have no problem with gay marriage.

I'm a professional writer and photographer, and I own two successful businesses.

I'm a New York Mets fan, so I haven't been happy since the Reagan administration.

Welcome aboard!

You had me right up until that whole NY Mets thing.

I'll keep you in my prayers!

1626183338872.png

Big Steve:

A belated welcome aboard!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Back
Top Bottom