• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hey, Big Steve Here...

Big Steve

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
My name's Steve. I'm a right-leaning Independent and I'm damn glad to be here.

Where am I politicaly? Well, I voted for Trump. Twice. I honestly don't think I'd vote for him a 3rd time. I'm a huge Ron DeSantis fan.

I'm pro military, pro 2nd amendment (and I carry every day), pro-choice, anti-illegal immigration and I have no problem with gay marriage.

I'm a professional writer and photographer, and I own two successful businesses.

I'm a New York Mets fan, so I haven't been happy since the Reagan administration.

Looking forward to some spirited discussions...

Last edited:
They don't exist here .
Just bipartisan rants .
Probably ca 75% left wing which means membership this time next year will have an entirely fresh profile . Or earlier .

P.S. The big insider story . De Santis in the non Washington DC based White House and Mr T standing behind in a strategic position of overall 'Director "
New Republic --- so forget old bipartisan model .

Where am I politicaly? Well, I voted for Trump. Twice. I honestly don't think I'd vote for him a 3rd time. I'm a huge Ron DeSantis fan.

I'm pro military, pro 2nd amendment (and I carry every day), pro-choice, anti-illegal immigration and I have no problem with gay marriage.

I'm a professional writer and photographer, and I own two successful businesses.
Welcome Steve, glad to have you here.
I'm a New York Mets fan
*in a TV litigation attorney's voice* Are you a New York Mets fan? If so you may be entitled to compensation...

Nice to meet you Steve. I also voted for Trump twice and am a huge DeSantis fan.
You'll encounter lots of spirited conversations and plenty of harsh disagreements on DP. Most posters here hold firm political beliefs and aren't shy about voicing them.

I'm a New York Mets fan, so I haven't been happy since the Reagan administration.

Howdy Doody, Big Steve!! Welcome to the forum.

Well, things get mighty spirited around here, but discussions are hard to find. I hope your snark and nonsense response capability is up to snuff.

btw, for your own protection, read the Forum Rules.

They don't exist here .
Just bipartisan rants .
Probably ca 75% left wing which means membership this time next year will have an entirely fresh profile . Or earlier .

P.S. The big insider story . De Santis in the non Washington DC based White House and Mr T standing behind in a strategic position of overall 'Director "
New Republic --- so forget old bipartisan model .
Monica thinks that getting vaccinated makes you magnetic, and that somehow, keys will magnetically stick to you neck and forehead.

in a TV litigation attorney's voice* Are you a New York Mets fan? If so you may be entitled to compensation...

Dude... harsh...

:ROFLMAO:

Hi Steve and welcome. I voted for Trump in 2020, but supported his agenda 2016-2020. I too am a DeSantis fan. I'm all of the above but don't carry as I don't legally own a gun...

I'm a Padres fan...

You came to the correct place if you are seeking spirited discussions.

At least you're a Mets fan. Welcome. I'm sure we will be on opposite sides of most issues. Islanders?

At least you're a Mets fan. Welcome. I'm sure we will be on opposite sides of most issues. Islanders?
Yup!

I miss the Bobby Nystrom, Denis Potvin, Brian Trottier days... days..

Hi Steve and welcome. I voted for Trump in 2020, but supported his agenda 2016-2020. I too am a DeSantis fan. I'm all of the above but don't carry as I don't legally own a gun...

I'm a Padres fan...

You came to the correct place if you are seeking spirited discussions.

Are you in San Diego? I lived out there for 30 years...

Thanks for being open !!! Voting for Trump twice is brave to say since it marks most people as somewhat dense (IMO). Heck, even voting for him ONCE. Don't know what "pro-military" means, and damn few people are "anti-second amendment", so that is not too impressive(IMO), and few people are for illegal immigration, if anyone. Congrats on your profession = very admirable.
Welcome !!!!!

Welcome to DP!
Check out the posting rules and jump in!
Think you will enjoy posting here.

Thanks for being open !!! Voting for Trump twice is brave to say since it marks most people as somewhat dense (IMO). Heck, even voting for him ONCE. Don't know what "pro-military" means, and damn few people are "anti-second amendment", so that is not too impressive(IMO), and few people are for illegal immigration, if anyone. Congrats on your profession = very admirable.
Welcome !!!!!

Dense?

I don't expect any liberal to understand a Trump vote. Whether that's you or not I don't know, but I believe Hillary Clinton should've been tried, convicted and imprisoned. Trump almost didn't get my second vote because of that. She knowingly broke the law and she walked. It was wrong. As for voting for Trump over Biden, that was an easy call. Hell, I probably would've voted for you before I voted for Biden. His best days are long behind him, and they're really not that good, if you think about it.

The man spent 47 years in DC and now he's suddenly going to make a difference? What kind of idiot believes that? Furthermore, his gaffes are so common and so profound that they can no longer be dismissed as little slip ups here and there. I believe the man is in a mental health free fall. He insists he's in good shape, from a cognitive perspective. Well, it would go a long way, for people on both sides of the aisle, if he took steps to prove that to the American people.

Illegal immigration? We'll just disagree there. Biden and Harris have been woefully ineffective when it comes to the border. I read recently that some 500,000 illegal aliens have crossed our southern border since Harris was named Immigration Pubah.

They've done nothing...

Dense?

I don't expect any liberal to understand a Trump vote. Whether that's you or not I don't know, but I believe Hillary Clinton should've been tried, convicted and imprisoned. Trump almost didn't get my second vote because of that. She knowingly broke the law and she walked. It was wrong. As for voting for Trump over Biden, that was an easy call. Hell, I probably would've voted for you before I voted for Biden. His best days are long behind him, and they're really not that good, if you think about it.

The man spent 47 years in DC and now he's suddenly going to make a difference? What kind of idiot believes that? Furthermore, his gaffes are so common and so profound that they can no longer be dismissed as little slip ups here and there. I believe the man is in a mental health free fall. He insists he's in good shape, from a cognitive perspective. Well, it would go a long way, for people on both sides of the aisle, if he took steps to prove that to the American people.

Illegal immigration? We'll just disagree there. Biden and Harris have been woefully ineffective when it comes to the border. I read recently that some 500,000 illegal aliens have crossed our southern border since Harris was named Immigration Pubah.

They've done nothing...
Does this mean it's open season in your introduction thread?

Dense?

They've done nothing...
Welcome,

Don’t shoot all your ammo in the welcome thread!

I don't expect any liberal to understand a Trump vote.

I dont expect any sane person to understand a trump vote.

It never made any sense to begin with. 75 year old guy calling people stupid made up names like an 8 year old would do.

That should have started the alarm bells ringing IMO.

But its all good Big Steve, you admitted to your mistake and thats good enough for me. (y)

I have no idea why any person would admit to that.

If nothing else, honesty is good.

Welcome Big Steve.

Because I've no reason to.

I stand up for what I believe in, and I stand by what I say. If I vote for someone, I'm happy to explain why. In each case (2016 and 2020) Trump was the superior candidate. Obama called Clinton "the most qualified person to ever seek the office". Now, think about that for a minute. Hillary Clinton, the most qualified person to ever seek the Presidency, was bested by a beauty pageant producer with a reality television show. Instead of lambasting Trump for his profound inexperience, the left needs to figure out how the most qualified person to ever seek the office got her ass handed to her, because the fact that it happened should scare the shit out of the left...

Because I've no reason to.

I stand up for what I believe in, and I stand by what I say. If I vote for someone, I'm happy to explain why. In each case (2016 and 2020) Trump was the superior candidate. Obama called Clinton "the most qualified person to ever seek the office". Now, think about that for a minute. Hillary Clinton, the most qualified person to ever seek the Presidency, was bested by a beauty pageant producer with a reality television show. Instead of lambasting Trump for his profound inexperience, the left needs to figure out how the most qualified person to ever seek the office got her ass handed to her, because the fact that it happened should scare the shit out of the left...

On the other hand, Trump was bested by a guy the right calls "Sleepy Joe" who campaigned from his basement.

I would suggest that we aren't going to see any Eisenhowers any time soon, from either party.

Back
Top Bottom