• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

He's gone...

I caught him with her out in front of my house. He thought I was out to dinner for girls' night out. I was, but I became suspicious when he wasn't answering his phone. I left dinner, drove home. Found the house locked up and empty with his car in the drive. Waited down the block... and there they came. I used an ice chipper to break every window in his car. My girlfriends helped me pack his belongings and put them in his car.

I called the police to get him off my property. Took a swing at him. Missed as he ran. I was completely beside myself. It was an out of body experience. That was Friday, and I am just now feeling normal.

He wasn't answering his phone because he left it hidden in the house. He thought I might have installed a tracker on it. Nope. Soaked it in the toilet for a while and then, when the cop came to the door asking for it? I gave it to him.

I did not get arrested. Probably should have been. They sent four squad cars to the house when I called. Two left. Two stayed. He wanted to drive his car away. Cops told him if he left the driveway with it, they'd impound it. He had it towed. They waited 'till he left.

I have a lot more of his stuff. The atty told me not to do anything to it. I won't. My anger has dissipated. Cousin Sue will meet him at the house next week so he can take everything that's left.

Im heartbroken, but relieved. Maybe more later. Since this has been an ongoing saga, I thought I would share the climax.

What slays me, Maggie, is that you have been so incredibly decent, so much more than "fair" to Tom. And he has the chutzpah to bring this hussy anywhere near YOUR house?!

Smiling as I imagine you and the ice chipper, and I'm sorry you swung and missed. Takes practice, I guess.;)

So happy that you're relieved now. How cathartic. :mrgreen:

(((Hugs)))

I hated reading this Maggie. I feel so bad for you that its come to this knowing how you gave this man every conceivable break in the book .... and then some. My heart goes out to you and tomorrow will be a better day .... we can only hope.

So now go to an attorney and protect your assets and money from the guy. He really deserves nothing at this point except your scorn and your anger.

I will light a candle for you.

What a piece of work that Tom is. In front of your house? Really? What an asshole. This is a bittersweet situation: It's good that you are finally getting rid of Tom, and that he got what he deserved. Nor does he deserve someone like you. But on the other hand, it's heart-breaking that you are in this situation to begin with.

Lots of hugs, Mags. Stay strong.

Sorry to read all of this Maggie. My thoughts and prayers for you to get strength to move on and find real happiness. :thumbs:

Mags, you have been more than forgiving. No one can say that you haven't done your best. You owe him nothing now. I know it will be difficult to put him behind you and move on but what more could anyone expect you to do? The immediate good news is he won't be able to call you and he won't be able to show up at your house unless he thumbs a ride. He doesn't have any clothes that haven't been streaked with bleach. That's a good final send off. He deserves it.

Best of all, Mags, his girlfriend is now stuck with the sumbitch. AND Tom is in involved with a woman he can't respect.

Tell your lawyer to cut him off from everything. Call your best friends and go out dancing, baby girl. Celebrate. Your life just got better.

All the best to you. Keep on smiling. :thumbs:

I'm happy for you Maggie. I'm happy because you had the strength to bounce his sorry ass out of the house. Based on everything you've said there are so many women out there who would have continued to give him "just one more chance" after another. I want you to know that you need to rely on your cousins, girlfriends, family members etc. Because you're probably gonna feel heartbroken too. Don't. You need those people to let you know not to give in. You deserve to be around people who care about you enough to respect you. Tom is not that person.

I am not entirely sad about this primo Lifetime movie ending.

What a story! Your successful sleuthing confirmed for you what most of us had already assumed.... that Tom had continued his lying and unfaithful lifestyle. IMO, none of us escape our karma. "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming.... Wow, what a ride!"
You have choices on how you summarize that chapter of your life living with Tom. Take a few deep breaths and smile! You just got rid of one of the biggest negative forces in your life! Feel some Love! May our Best Times lie ahead.

Here's to you Maggie.
[video=youtube;WaSy8yy-mr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaSy8yy-mr8[/video]

Please please please tell me you've changed your will, or at least that you've made an appointment with your lawyer to do so ASAP.
Nobody should have to go through what he put you through.

Thank you for the kind words all. RetiredUSN I love you. ;) Yes, Dragonfly, everything is changed and done. The pile of **** he'll be picking up tomorrow at 9am is the only evidence of his 18 years with me. I won't be here. My cousin, Sue, a mutual friend of ours who wants to be here to embarrass him and the cops will greet his sorry ass. I am heartbroken. But every day that passes will get easier...

I now believe that he wanted to stay so badly two months ago because he hoped to inherit. I think she encouraged him to stick it out until I died. She has a tiny 600 sq ft home needing "tons of work" with a $110,000 mortgage on it. I think they planned this together and thought they could get away with it.

It is difficult to believe, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. I hope Karma really exists for both of them...

Man this sucks!
Glad you got rid of the parasite but sorry you had to endure the pain to do so

MaggieD;bt3977 said:
Thank you for the kind words all. RetiredUSN I love you. ;) Yes, Dragonfly, everything is changed and done. The pile of **** he'll be picking up tomorrow at 9am is the only evidence of his 18 years with me. I won't be here. My cousin, Sue, a mutual friend of ours who wants to be here to embarrass him and the cops will greet his sorry ass. I am heartbroken. But every day that passes will get easier...

I now believe that he wanted to stay so badly two months ago because he hoped to inherit. I think she encouraged him to stick it out until I died. She has a tiny 600 sq ft home needing "tons of work" with a $110,000 mortgage on it. I think they planned this together and thought they could get away with it.

It is difficult to believe, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. I hope Karma really exists for both of them...

I can understand the "broken heart" over the situation that you found yourself in, but I surely hope that you are not "heart broken" over losing that one specific guy.

He's shown you in spades that he does not deserve for anyone to feel sorrow over losing him as a friend/lover/confidante.
I understand he's got some serious demons himself to deal with, but that does not give him the right to shit on other people.

I hope that you can quickly turn any and all negative energy this chain of events has created into something positive and productive for yourself.

To happier and less stressful days ahead...:cheers:

MaggieD;bt3977 said:

I have to agree with that, unfortunately. He was definitely just using so they could inherit your stuff. Tom can go **** himself. That really sucks. I don't know how I'd react if I found out I was being played like that. But like I said, it's good that you've finally rid yourself of the fool.

Stay strong, Mags. :2wave:

Un-freakin-believable! :shock:

Yes, of course he was using you. There's no other sane rationale.

I'm so glad you kicked the dog to the curb. And while anger is a nasty thing, sometimes it empowers us to do what we should do. It makes us act.

My hope is the sleaze-babe tosses his ass out too, now that the scam is all over.

Far better to be alone, than together with garbage. You don't need this. Get to know yourself again without any outside interference, Mags. You might really like what you see. I know you will.

Love and prayers, Maggie.

Back
Top Bottom